Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

SEO help needed with Very niche market

stargate66
Trust:

SEO help needed with Very niche market

My first project as a newbie turned out to be so niche that it is becoming a head scratcher ;-) Being resident in South Africa, I started a project to allow private property owners to advertise their properties for the 2010 Soccer World Cup. I know I started too late with the building of the website but I need to give it a full go. Even if I can just rent out my own property, it will make the effort very worthwhile. Still busy optimising the site and adding stock.

As I have been learning more and more, the problems are also getting worse with this niche. However, my logic tells me that in view of the lack of global competition in this niche, I really only have to beat South African competition and with the help of Affilorama I should be able to crack it (positive :-). It's just time, time, time. Any suggestions or comments on this issue?

In our currency ZAR, Google's CPC has gone from 40cents in December to R19.00 (for obvious reasons) on the most popular keyword phrases. Thats an increase of just under 5000% so, preferably, I don't want to take this route.

Here's what I need help with as well please:

I'm really battling to get trusted sites for backlinks because the subject is so niche, not to even speak of sites with a high PR!. I have a time factor restriction here and I need to rank as quickly as possible. I know there is a lot I can and will still do (articles, squidoo etc - I am busy with optimization of every page to get a Traffictravis A ranking) but can anyone maybe see a clever tip or trick in this niche to help me from a time perspective?? - I must rank in the next two weeks or so, or is that impossible?

For those that have the time to assist me, you can view the site to get the background www.20tenworldcupaccommodation.com

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
William
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

stargate66
Trust:
I'm sorry, me again. Would it help my cause to optimize different pages just for one specific keyword phrase. My top keyword phrases are "world cup accommodation" an "2010 accommodation" Those are the two I want to target, so can I optimize 1 page for the first keyword, another for the second one thus optimizing every page for one of the mentioned keyword phrases?

faradina
Trust:
We recommend one keyword phrase for each web page on your site. Say, for example, that you target "world cup accommodation" for one page, and then "where to stay for the world cup" (just an example keyword, I did not do any research on this) for another page, and then "rooms for the soccer world cup" (again, not researched) for another, and so on.
About ranking in the next two weeks, it may be difficult but "impossible" is a word that I would not use. It depends on how you will go about it. You will need to make your site (at least?) twice better than that of your competition, in terms of content quality and relevance as well as backlinks.
Maybe you can submit news articles about the upcoming soccer world cup to better known news websites, ones which allow you to post links to your website. News websites are mostly considered authority sites and thus give you better quality backlinks.
faradina
Trust:
A follow-on to my previous post:

You can check out this ireport assignment page to see if you can fit something in by way of a news report.
stargate66
Trust:
Thanks for that Fara. My website is not as fancy as the competitors' but i've seen very plain websites outrank very fancy websites. Will just keep slogging away at more relevant content etc. Thanks for the link also. That looks interesting :-)

William

stargate66
Trust:
I don't know exactly how good this news is. My site's Traffictravis score is now A+ The top natural rankings on Google page 1 for my exact keyword phrase vary from mostly D+ to two B+.

How much does that help my cause?

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
stargate66 wrote:I don't know exactly how good this news is. My site's Traffictravis score is now A+ The top natural rankings on Google page 1 for my exact keyword phrase vary from mostly D+ to two B+.

How much does that help my cause?

Having a rating of A+ in Traffic Travis page analysis means that you have done your onpage SEO properly. You can now focus on your off page SEO and build backlinks so that your site would rank well.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

wollowra
Trust:
Hi William,
Have you got a facebook page?
Join and make your page all about how you love the world cup etc.. etc and that you have a website that is offering accommodation.
There must be heaps of people on facebook who love the world cup and you can search for.
Add them as friends etc..
Could you offer an airport pickup?
also, I would have gone for something a little less flashy for the front page.
That flash just takes up too much room.
Some nice pictures would be better.. it will stir the emotions of people better.

Anyway.. 2 weeks isn't a lot of time, so just go and post on some forums as well... with your signature line for accommodation.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

stargate66
Trust:
Thanks for your input guys and the time taken to check and reply. Will chop and tweak as I go along.

digiblue
Trust:
The Facebook tip is great as I think being active in social networks could be the key to getting targeted visitors. Also use Twitter. Check out the many world cup soccer forums and various other soccer forums and see if you can inject your link there.

Sign up to Google Alerts and use the keyphrase "world cup accommodation" and see what you get back. You may be find forums, blogs, and other Websites from these alerts which you can then market to.

Hope that helps.
stargate66
Trust:
Thanks, will try that.

I have published a message on facebook which gave me an anchor text link with my targeted keyword phrase in it. When I do a Traffictravis backlink check it does not show it and the same applies to Twitter. Surely it should show that I do have these baclinks whether its anchor text or just a URL.....Or am I missing something?

faradina
Trust:
You will not be seeing backlinks in Traffic Travis right away because it takes time before the search engines will show them and Traffic Travis pulls its data from the search engines.
In any case, I believe Facebook and Twitter are more for instant traffic rather than backlinks. I have been sharing on facebook and twittering for a long time now and the backlinks do not really show up but I know that I am generating traffic from those sites.
stargate66
Trust:
Thanks Fara. Makes me feel a bit more at ease.

This topic was started on Feb 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.