Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Review Articles in Ezine

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:

Review Articles in Ezine

I have read elsewhere in this Forum about people having review articles published in Ezine yet, when I tried to get one published, I was slapped down hard by the editorial staff for 'overly commercial promotion' content. How can you do a review of a product without saying how good it is (or not) and without actually mentioning the name of the product?

Approximately one third of my web content is review pages, so I am keen to get links to these from the article directories.

Anyone got any advice for me on how to do this?

Kieran
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

missyox
Trust:
I wrote a review for a product at Ezine....I think it was very objective. I gave the good points, the bad points, and my conclusion.

You can take a look here to see how I managed to get one published: http://ezinearticles.com/?Home-Made-Ene ... id=2578053
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
sometimes it depends on who reviews your article. I dont do product reviews to ezine. instead write articles on the subject of the product then recommend the product and link to your review in your author bio box
Last edited by michellerana on 18 Nov 09 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Thank you both for your comments. I thought that your review, missyox, was a very good article both in its own right and as a product review that managed to skirt around ezine's editorial guidelines.

My own review for ezine was also, I thought, quite objective but they still objected! I will try jmpruitt's approach next time - it seems the best way.

Kieran
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

This topic was started on Nov 12, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.