Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Next Site Idea - Is This Safe?

heavysm
Trust:

Next Site Idea - Is This Safe?

I know affiliblueprint aims at creating sites targeted for one niche, but does the concept apply to a larger site of related topics? Im thinking of a site with about 5-10 categories, 10+ articles per subcategory or individual subject. Im assuming that a site like the blueprint describes is the best, but what if my site has thousands or even tens of thousands of backlinks overall? My thinking is that an already reputable site for one subject might rank well for a closely related subject. I would have about 3-5 subjects starting out. Is this line of thinking faulty or can I actually rank well with a large site like I describe?
faradina
Trust:
As long as your categories/subjects are closely related enough so that they can be considered as belonging to one niche, your site would still be nicely targeted. Niches mostly have several subniches and if you will be targeting the subniches of just one niche you will be fine.

The 30 articles prescribed for AffiloBlueprint sites is the minimum number of articles that you should have, and if you have more, the better, as long as they are all high quality articles which are highly relevant to your topic and keywords. Search engines love lots of high quality content.

There's nothing wrong with thousands or tens of thousands of backlinks either. In fact, the more backlinks you have, the better your site should do in the SERPs.

Cheers :)
heavysm
Trust:
I just bought the domain for the new site, so I am seriously going to try this. This will be about 5-10 sites worth of content which I will be adding to and working on for quite a while. I am currently an undergraduate in university for the subject I am writing about, so there is literally zero shortage of material i can write about. Sort of why i wanted to do a larger site because I am so passionate about my subject I could write books on what I know.

So far I am seen 13 separate but distinct markets. Each of which could be its own site, but in my case it would just be a category in the site. Im hoping the fact that Ill eventually have tens of thousands of backlinks will boost serps for future categories I branch out on (but relate back to the main niche idea of course). Initially I will have about 3 or 4 subjects then I will see how things go to decide where to branch out.

I am incredibly motivated to do this. I enjoy things that are for long term benefit so I hope to keep adding to this for several years to come. I will post the site to see what others think when I have completed the first few dozen articles.

On a separate note, I am contemplating which would be better to create the site: xsitepro or wordpress. I know each has their own benefits, but would one be better than the other for a site the size that I am creating?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
heavysm wrote:On a separate note, I am contemplating which would be better to create the site: xsitepro or wordpress. I know each has their own benefits, but would one be better than the other for a site the size that I am creating?

Wordpress would be better if you're going to outsource (which I think you would do eventually since you want to build a large site). The replies on this thread might also help answer your question: XSitePro v WordPress - Insights?
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Nov 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.