Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

XSitePro v WordPress - Insights?

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:

XSitePro v WordPress - Insights?

Hi all,
I'm just wondering which you think in your opinions is the better one to use, xsitepro or wordpress when making and maintaining or upgrading websites?
I have purchased xsitepro, and love it. It's so much easier to use and stuff, HOWEVER, I have been looking at outsourcing ALL my website work. To do this I have to let my workers have access to my websites and this can only be done through wordpress.
So just wondering what all you guys and girls out there use? Anyone who outsources websites got any ideas or how do they do it?
All help is much appreciated, cheers :)
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

michael025
Trust:
Hi nothsa,

I think you just answered your own question : ) Both XSitePro and WordPress have their own pros and cons....It just depends on what you are more comfortable with and which program works for you....Wordpress does appear more functional, if you are looking at outsourcing most of your work....
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I like both, for different reasons. I have been using Xsite Pro for my last couple of sites.it makes them easy to build. but, as you said, if you are outsourcing the site building, they have to have Xsite Pro in order to work on your site.

It all comes down to what you want. Also, Wordpress has some advantages such as RSS feeds, and plugins to help generate traffic, as well as the ability to self ping everytime you add content.

For me, I am doing a combination of both. I like xsite pro to build my static pages, but I am also putting a blog on almost every site that I own. Blogs are just too powerful, and I think anyone who is running a site should have at least one blog that they run.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It will be better to use Wordpress if you'll be outsourcing. You could also watch Mark's video on this issue: XsitePro vs Wordpress - What is the best software?
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
awesome! thankyou all very much
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

frans pieters
Trust:
Hello boys and girls

I found this forum today and just joined it. Very glad to found this site
My name is pieters from netherlands. My hobbys are voetbal
and Darts.

Hope to join this community proper.
smuigal
Trust:
Just a side note. When selling sites that are in xsitepro you may find the buyers a bit bumbed about it. I sold two sites so far that were xsitepro and both new owners wished that it was not in xsitepro, but well, they still purchased it. :)

However, now that I have a mindset to build sites for the purpose of selling them, I am building exclusively with wordpress. I do really like xsitepro, but for selling, I think wordpress is a good selling point for the new owners.

Smuigal :)
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

unit
Trust:
I use Xsite-pro2 and love it but I'm a newbie. I think it's a great tool for people just like me, makes life easier at this stage. Probably will play with wordpress some more one day after I get some other things figured out.
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
smuigal wrote:Just a side note. When selling sites that are in xsitepro you may find the buyers a bit bumbed about it. I sold two sites so far that were xsitepro and both new owners wished that it was not in xsitepro, but well, they still purchased it. :)

However, now that I have a mindset to build sites for the purpose of selling them, I am building exclusively with wordpress. I do really like xsitepro, but for selling, I think wordpress is a good selling point for the new owners.

Smuigal :)

Your post on selling your sites really inspired me :) Hope most of the members would read it: Flipping Websites - $4400.00 this week!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

jeisenm
Trust:
as far as selling xsitepro sites, i believe there is a utility you can buy that converts xsitepro to wordpress (around $100). i have not used it, but you could offer the buyer the site in either format.

there is xsiteprotowordpress.com and also a product called artiseer.
faradina
Trust:
What I like about wordpress is that it's free and I get to publish my site instantly. No more uploading via ftp which can take a while if you have many websites files.

I was concerned about backups when I first started using wordpress but I have learned my way around and everything is a breeze now. I can have a wordpress site up and running in as little as five minutes. Content creation not included, of course :)

What I am looking to do next is design my own wordpress themes, without using artisteer or anything similar, so that I can customize to my heart's content.

This topic was started on Nov 16, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.