Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How to get Images picked up by Google?

PremiumMember
stkeys
Trust:

How to get Images picked up by Google?

Hi Mark,

I know your travelling back from the UK ( My home Country, I'm now living in the US ) so not sure when you will see this.

I've only just joined and watched a few of the video's but I jumped forward curious to watch the video about Google images Lesson #24. I'm not sure if I missed something but after watching then reading the accompanying notes I couldn't understand just how it works.

I get the part about putting an image on your web page and naming it with the keyword or keyword phrase ( is that the same as " Alt tags " ? )
but do you have to submit it to Google images or just hope they somehow pick it up when your web page gets spidered?

I had learned about the importance of using Alt image tags on images like Headers and such but this is the first time I've heard about getting traffic from images on your sites.

It sounds really cool especially the Video concept and I agree with your prophecy that video will be the next big thing for SEO in the years to come.

Could you give me a bit more detail on how the Google Image Process works,

Thanks.

P.S. congratulations on putting together such a great Training package I'm really looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Best Regards,

Steve
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey Steve,

No, naming an image with the keyword phrase isn't the same as alt-tags.

I meant something like stop-dog-aggression.jpg or something (if "stop dog aggression" was your keywords phrase).

Hope this helps, apolygies about the delay in replying.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
stkeys
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Glad to see your back on your feet again..... or are you ?

Can you elaborate on that part of the video concerning naming the images and how it differs from using alt tags.

I mean I get the point of naming them using a keyword but I thought that was the point of alt tags too.

Thanks,

Steve
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I just meant do both.

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive