Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Having a hard time with Keywords for SEO

rlunatunes
Posts: 36
Joined: 20 Feb 07
Trust:

Having a hard time with Keywords for SEO

This whole keyword thing has me pretty frustrated. I'm building a content/adsense site.
A B2B site actually. I got Nichebot for a month to get some good keywords but what are good keywords for an adsense site.
I've been learning that you should find keywords with more searches/less competition.
Which is good for SEO. But since it's an adsense site I also want keywords with high bids. How or where do I find keywords with high bids. I know there are programs out there like keyword country and adsense dominator that show you that kind of stuff. I know....I've looked at them all.
I feel like I dont know what I'm doing at all when it comes to keywords.
I need a little help.....Thanks,
Randy
  • 0
[url=http://mozy.com/?ref=3f9a896b&kbid=26059&m=8":1uga1vcr][color=red:1uga1vcr]Mozy Unlimited Backup....Excellent Computer Backup Service!!! "$4.95/month"[/color:1uga1vcr][/url:1uga1vcr]
 
PremiumMember
promocode
Posts: 275
Joined: 05 Sep 06
Trust:
Randy,

You've probably used this tool already but just in case I'll send it your way: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
Choose data to display:> "keyword search volume"

This will show you how much competition for a kw, more competition = higher bids = bigger adsense clicks for you.

I can't tell you more than that because I haven't pasted Adsense code for over 6 months ( ah the freedom :razz: ) - I made my first online dollars with adsense but now I prefer to keep my clicks for myself through affiliate links :wink:

Promocode
  • 0
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
promocode wrote:....but now I prefer to keep my clicks for myself through affiliate links :wink:

Promocode


Unless you get 10,000 clicks a day :D
  • 0
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
rlunatunes wrote:This whole keyword thing has me pretty frustrated. I'm building a content/adsense site.
A B2B site actually. I got Nichebot for a month to get some good keywords but what are good keywords for an adsense site.
I've been learning that you should find keywords with more searches/less competition.
Which is good for SEO. But since it's an adsense site I also want keywords with high bids. How or where do I find keywords with high bids. I know there are programs out there like keyword country and adsense dominator that show you that kind of stuff. I know....I've looked at them all.
I feel like I dont know what I'm doing at all when it comes to keywords.
I need a little help.....Thanks,
Randy


You can use the yahoo overture bid tool as well.... if you don't have a free account simply create one just so you can log in and check bid prices. It should be in the same ballpark as Google generally speaking.
  • 0
lunatunes
Posts: 193
Joined: 20 Nov 06
Trust:
promocode wrote:Randy,
This will show you how much competition for a kw, more competition = higher bids = bigger adsense clicks for you.
Promocode


Thats not always necessarily true. Plus Nichbot already gives me those numbers
Also, for an adsense site shouldn't I be looking for a happy medium of high competition keywords and high bid keywords.
Because if its high competition it will be harder to rank in google and if no one is going to your site than what good are the higher bids.
Which is why I was trying to find a tool that showed me the bids like the overture bid tool use to do.

ADRIAN: That tool no longer exist :(

Maybe Mark could chime in on this one as he has quite a few adsense sites.

Thanks,
Randy
  • 0
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:
promocode wrote:Randy,
This will show you how much competition for a kw, more competition = higher bids = bigger adsense clicks for you.
Promocode


Thats not always necessarily true. Plus Nichbot already gives me those numbers
Also, for an adsense site shouldn't I be looking for a happy medium of high competition keywords and high bid keywords.
Because if its high competition it will be harder to rank in google and if no one is going to your site than what good are the higher bids.
Which is why I was trying to find a tool that showed me the bids like the overture bid tool use to do.

ADRIAN: That tool no longer exist :(

Maybe Mark could chime in on this one as he has quite a few adsense sites.

Thanks,
Randy


The tool exists.... I just used it......

overture.com

Create an account....


Search for keywords from within your account and see what people are paying.
  • 0
daveboz
Posts: 14
Joined: 21 Jan 07
Trust:
Yeah the Overture bid tool still works.
I think they shut it down at the end of each month to poll adds and other things. I'm not sure about that though, but I have seen it disappear every now and then.

One other thing however is that I've found the tool is not where it used to be (Top right of screen at overture.com). You have to click on International - Your country - then Pricing to find the tool again.

I hope that helps mate.
  • 0
lunatunes
Posts: 193
Joined: 20 Nov 06
Trust:

This is all I get when I click on the site. I may have the wrong link :(
Could someone maybe paste the link to make sure I'm going to the right place.

Thanks :)
Randy




Gone
The requested resource
/d/USm/search/tools/bidtool/
is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.
[/b]
  • 0
PremiumMember
sean06
Posts: 1377
Joined: 16 Jun 06
Trust:
Randy, do you have two accounts here?
  • 0
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world
 
lunatunes
Posts: 193
Joined: 20 Nov 06
Trust:
Hey!...thats not a link to overture :x .....lol

Yes, I have two accounts but its a long story. Should only have one. Paypal this past month didn't pay my subscription because of insufficient funds even though I knew for a fact that funds were there. At that point they said they would try to draw from my bank again in four days! Well, I couldn't be away from Affilorama for that long....LOL.....so I cancelled my subscription and opened another one through paypal again. The payment went through on the same day they said it wouldnt go through so I dont know what happened. The thing is my old account "lunatunes" is still working and so is my new account "rlunatunes" Not sure why but I'm tired of messin with it so as long as I can be here I'm happy :) :) :)

Now wheres my link to overture....LOL

P.S. I love affilorama !....lol
  • 0
lunatunes
Posts: 193
Joined: 20 Nov 06
Trust:
By the way Sean, I listen to your Myspace tutorials and finally got to hear your Aussie accent. Once youve heard one you've heard em all.....LOL
Gday Mate :D
  • 0
lunatunes
Posts: 193
Joined: 20 Nov 06
Trust:
According to this thread the tool no longer exist.

(broken link removed)

It still is good for the UK.
If I'm missing something please tell me.

Randy
  • 0
Last edited by ampie g on 25 Jan 10 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed
 

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Jun 06
Trust:
https://login12.marketingsolutions.yaho ... dSignin.do

Create account and log in to do your keyword stuff.
  • 0
lunatunes
Posts: 193
Joined: 20 Nov 06
Trust:
adrian wrote:https://login12.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com/adui/signin/loadSignin.do

Create account and log in to do your keyword stuff.


AAAHHHH!!......Thats not a new account page that's only for upgrading. There was no new account link or anything on there. Tomorrows a new day....I think I'm going to bed....I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Thanks,
Randy
  • 0
PremiumMember
sean06
Posts: 1377
Joined: 16 Jun 06
Trust:
Ahh, thats dedication Randy haha.

So can you pick a kiwi accent now? :)
  • 0
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world
 
lunatunes
Posts: 193
Joined: 20 Nov 06
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Ahh, thats dedication Randy haha.

So can you pick a kiwi accent now? :)


No....but I went to the grocery store earlier and picked out a whole bunch of Kiwi's... :lol:

Randy
  • 0