Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

H1 and H3 Tags for SEO

har444har
Trust:

H1 and H3 Tags for SEO

Hi, All.
Matt Carter in one of his famous SEO article writes,

"H1 and H3 Tags

Another thing that help to increase Google rankings, is at the very top of your page you should have a Heading 1 tag, otherwise referred to as an H1 tag. Make sure your keyword phrase is in that H1 tag.

You should also have an H3 tag somewhere on the page, and make sure that your keyword phrase is in this also."

Does here the word 'Tag' stands for heading ( I think so)? If it is not so please explain its meaning.

Har.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Yes, <h1> ... </h1>, <h2> ... </h2>, <h3> ... </h3> are heading tags. H1 is your "main heading", h2 and h3 are sub-headings. These are important for SEO so it is recommended to put your keywords into your headings. Just make sure that it would look natural and would not disturb the flow of your article.

If you are using Wordpress, then the titles of your posts and pages are automatically H1.

You could find more information on heading tags on these pages:

Heading Tags

Designing Headings
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

har444har
Trust:
Hi, michellerana.
Thanks, you have confirmed what I was in my mind.

Har
bestwebhost
Trust:
Tag is more important tha H1 or H3, I think, especial built your site by wordpress
pyxle
Trust:
Well yes all the information shared here are true . You should keep in mind that there is a proper order . Always start with H1 tags then H2 , H3 .
There should not be more that one H1 tags as well
meenukapoor
Trust:
yes i think you are right if keywords focused in H1 tag than google help to increase the ranking

link removed by moderator

This topic was started on Mar 21, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.