Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Ways to Promote Viral ebook and Accelerate Viral process

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:

Ways to Promote Viral ebook and Accelerate Viral process

I'm putting together a viral ebook right now and I'm trying to think of ways to get it into circulation and some factors that will determine how many people continue to pass it on. All ideas welcome, no matter how stupid they may seem.

It's an ebook on making money online. I doubt any of you would learn anything from it, but if anyone wants a read, or wants to hand it out as a free gift or whatever, just let me know.

Some things I've thought of already: I'm sure there are sites that like to get free ebooks, I'll do a google search and see what I can find.

It will be available to download if someone joins my newsletter, so anyone visiting my site will be able to grab it.

I'll probably put a link to it in some forums too. Just gotta find a few more decent ones.

I also thought of renaming the file several times and leaving it to be picked up by P2P programs like Limewire. I'm sure there are people searching for "make money" stuff on limewire.

Thats all I've got as far as distribution goes, now onto factors that will accelerate the viral process.

Obviously, if the book is fantastic, people are going to be more likely to pass it on to friends etc. I think it's ok, but I'm no Shakespeare.

What about a statement at the front of the book mentioning that they have the rights to pass it around as they wish. Does this devalue the book, or will it make people more likely to pass it around?

I imagine that people would really need an incentive to pass a book around. Nothing motivates people more than money, sex or torture, but neither of those three have any relevance to my free ebook. Hmm, thats about it for me.

I'm looking forward to peoples ideas and a decent discussion.

Cheers,
Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
belgian
Trust:
Hi Sean,

eBay is a big big marketplace to offer the ebook for a very low price.

You can not offer it for free, but if you just ask $0.01 for it I think it will work for you.

A great way to motivate people to pass it on, is to allow them to change some links in the ebook to their own affiliate or website-links.
Like: Offered to you by .....(your name and website)

There's this ebook from Brad Callen SEO Made Easy. Not everyone knows that, most of the time it is rebranded to the affiliate link of the person who gives it away.
Of course in this case , Brad Callen has his own software that he sells:
SEO elite

I don't know what your ebook is about but I suppose that it has some affiliate links.

To enable people to rebrand the ebook there's is software needed.

I received a piece of software to rebrand SEO elite and the same software from another author Ewen Chia to rebrand his ebook.

But I don't know where to find this kind of software.

Just some ideas.

belgian
Discover digital photography

PremiumMember
belgian
Trust:
I looked it up.

The rebrand software is part of a software package called viral PDF.

I also found a video tutorial explaining how it works at:

http://www.motivationvault.com/show/ViralPDF/show-viralPDF.php

There is no affiliate link from me.

Enjoy,

belgian
Discover digital photography

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thanks Belgian. How could I forget ebay :)

I have read the Brad Callen book and remember seeing a random clickbank affiliate link in there. I'll look into rebranding.

Cheers.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
espresso
Trust:
Sean, I've just finalising a viral ebook and wondered how you got on promoting yours. Did you use Ebay? How did you find it? Did you use any other sites too? I'd love to hear what worked and what didn't before I launch in and start getting it out there.

Thanks.

Jill
PremiumMember
espresso
Trust:
I have another question about viral ebooks. What is the best way to handle links to affiliate products? I'm using PLG software to cloak my links but as part of the ebook is actually a review of two article marketing products I'm not sure whether to actually name them? Or whether it is better to be more general and say that I'm comparing article software vs an article submission service so that the only way the reader can find them is by clicking on my link?

Also which video deals with the creation and marketing of viral ebooks?

Thanks.

Jill
PremiumMember
anurag
Trust:
sean06 wrote:I'm putting together a viral ebook right now and I'm trying to think of ways to get it into circulation and some factors that will determine how many people continue to pass it on. All ideas welcome, no matter how stupid they may seem.

Hi,
Perhaps you may like to check out this link for ur Viral Ebook http://www.thedeathofadsense.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi/13615

Cheers
PremiumMember
espresso
Trust:
Thanks for the link. I've already read the book. Do you mean copy the same methods that he used? My book is about how to submit articles to build traffic so not sure it has the controvery he was able to build into his.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Jill,

I ran out of time promoting my book as I headed off to Europe shortly after and since I dont have a laptop, the only net I can use is in cafes.

Il let you know more in a couple of months when I am back home!
www.SixDayWeekend.com