Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Thoughts or ideas on how to market to MySpace?

PremiumMember
splork
Trust:

Thoughts or ideas on how to market to MySpace?

Anybody have thoughts or ideas on how to market to MySpace? I know virutally nothing about MySpace except that the majority of the pages I've seen are horrible and make my eyes hurt and sometimes blows up my browser.

Anyway, people are saying they are making money marketing to MySpace. Any thoughts?
Servicing the web sewers since 2006 http://lostballinhighweeds.com

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I guess if you are marketing something that would appeal to most myspace users, you could make it work. I can't imagine that dog training stuff would be particularly popular :)

One thing I've seen work well is the "Rich Jerk" myspace. Obviously that kind of character is extremely popular on myspace. Everyone wants to be friends with the rich guy who drives fast cars and beautiful women.

Maybe you could create your own alter ego in a different industry and try that.

I should let you know that I have ZERO experience with myspace though. :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
stkeys
Trust:
Hey Splork,

There are a lot of offers in the Warriors Forum just now on the topic of Myspace...

It seems to be the newest buzz around and from what I've read about it some marketers are now making big bucks with it.

I've purchased a few reports and training video's in the last week and I can tell you I'm hyped up over it. It's against Myspace TOS to blatantly advertize or sell anything but that doesn't seem to be stopping anyone.

The fact that you can have multiple free accounts using throw away email addresses means you don't need to worry too much about getting your account closed.

The attraction here is you can make a lot of money quickly ( or so they say lol ) I've yet to actually do that myself as I've only just got into it this last week. But from the affiliate marketing side alone it looks very promising.

I suspect it's like most things if you learn the tricks of the trade and do it right you should make some decent money out of it.

I'll let you know how I get on with it if your interested.

Regards to all.

St.
PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
Cool. Yea let me know how you do. I saw all the offers on the Warrior Forum. Trying to keep focused on what I'm doing and not buy more stuff no matter how cheap. I'd love to be able to market some affiliate stuff on there. I wouldn't risk Adsense though.

PremiumMember
stkeys
Trust:
Yeah I had to stop and think about the Adsense sites, but at the end of the day it's just traffic I wouldn't be doing anything to break the Google TOS.

I may just try out some sites that don't have Adsense on, maybe stick to Amazon, and kontera type sites with affiliate programs as the main attraction.
PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
I got one of those little $15 reports against my better judgement. It wasn't bad actually. I can see the potential but I'm still trying to figure out how to run bulletins and all that. MySpace is one nasty place. The pages I've cruised through just look and act horrible. Many crash my browser. Amazing what people are willing to show of themselves on there too. Definitely not opposed to the female form, but chicks these days have no problem skanking themselves around that place. Sorry, off topic. At any rate I've got to figure out how to make a buck or two while the going is good.

Shoot me a PM if you can spare a sec and explain bulletins and how to send them. Thought you had to have friends to do that but apparently you only need to join a group?