Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Promoting my webpage - ideas?

heather
Trust:

Promoting my webpage - ideas?

Hi everone,
Help!!!!!
As a newbie I would appreciate if someone could give me advice on how to promote my webpage I have hosted with hostgator.com and I am waiting for the webpage to go on the www. I presume it is not placed on any search engines.
Do I have to choose where I want to place my webpage, like google and put the site on there myself?

regards,
Heather
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Nope, as far as the search engines go you don't really get to choose where it goes. You get your website linked to from another site, and hope that the search engines find the link when they do their next crawl through the net. They usually won't have much difficulty *finding* your site, but what you have to do after that is convince them that it is relevant to popular search terms so that it appears closer to the top of the search engine results. For more information on how to do that, you should watch the videos in the members area.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

stevenar
Trust:
Try posting on a blog or a forum of some kind with and put a link of your website inside your post. I heard search engines don't like this method from Charles of SEO2020. He suggests getting natural links so try getting another webmaster to link to your site.

Submit your page to google and yahoo.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/about.html

Create a sitemap and upload them to google and yahoo.
http://www.seo2020.com/seo-articles/cre ... emaps.html

Submit your site to directories, this does more than just getting your site indexed fast but It's mind numbingly boring.
stevenar
Trust:
Mark is faster than me.
clyde
Trust:
want to get my website listed on google and yahoo search engine. Both yahoo and google said you have to submit a request. i first went to yahoo and yahoo charges $299 annually as a business entity (i assume that includes affiliate sites as well). google didn't mention about any charges from what i saw, so I submitted a request to get listed through them. my webpage is very simple 1(only 5-8 words including link), and google mentioned how not all people who request to get listed gets listed. Just wanted to know how they choose a site that they will list versus one they won't and is their other ways around it. If you already have a video or lecture speaking on this issue please tell me where to go, thank you in advance.

clyde
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
clyde wrote:want to get my website listed on google and yahoo search engine. Both yahoo and google said you have to submit a request. i first went to yahoo and yahoo charges $299 annually as a business entity (i assume that includes affiliate sites as well). google didn't mention about any charges from what i saw, so I submitted a request to get listed through them. my webpage is very simple 1(only 5-8 words including link), and google mentioned how not all people who request to get listed gets listed. Just wanted to know how they choose a site that they will list versus one they won't and is their other ways around it. If you already have a video or lecture speaking on this issue please tell me where to go, thank you in advance.

clyde

You don't need to pay anything to get listed in either search engine. The $299 per year is for a business directory listing in Yahoo's directory. As for getting listed in the natural search results, all you need is 1 link pointing to your website... where and when you will rank for your select words is up to your search engine optimization efforts.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Don't bother submitting to search engines, it's much quicker to actually get a link from somewhere else.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world