Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

PRESS RELEASE - Worth it?

PremiumMember
duraid
Trust:

PRESS RELEASE - Worth it?

Hi guys,

Is it worth to invest in a press release for your products? They are not cheap to do, and just wondered if its worth the money.

I know they can be submitted to both cheap and paid distribution sites..

Just wondered if anyone has tried it, or if anyone has an opinion on this..

Thanks very much

Duraid
PremiumMember
duraid
Trust:
Hi Guys,

So has anyone tried this before and can testify to the value it adds to his marketing?

Duraid
sheepfarmer
Trust:
I have never used a press release for a product but have used them for a couple of different websites. Got a trickle of traffic from the press release along with some pretty good backlinks. This is the service I used SEO Press Release Syndication
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

cecille.l
Trust:
Press releases are one way of getting traffic to your website/s. I haven't had much experience with using this to promote a product though. Primarily because I find it difficult to write my own ( and I don't have much to spare to hire a writer). I came across this article on generating customers through press releases.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

evilla.drazen
Trust:
Press releases need you to have good writing and impeccable timing as well as the right places to publish. If you are a good writer then it would be a plus factor to you, otherwise you may need to hire a writer which would somehow cost you some money.
christine2
Trust:
As someone who has done a lot of press release marketing and operating a PR Distribution site, I can give some strategies for making this work for you. There are definitely ways to do press releases that bring you no or little results, but there are some tips you can apply to make PR marketing work for you:

1. Optimize your title and summary with keywords: On a well-optimized PR distribution site, the title and summary become the title tag and meta description of the page. Optimizing these areas for your target keywords greatly increase the likelihood of the press release appearing in a search for your target keyword terms. In the past, a release would be sent to a journalist or editor who acted like gatekeeper -- deciding whether or not to publish your news on their platform. Today, the WEB is the platform and you can publish directly to it -- and your target audience can find it when they enter in a keyword search.

2. Include anchor text links within the press release: Look for sites that allow you to include anchor text links (the type of links that are embedded in words) back to your site. Including links that are embedded in the keywords that you want your website to rank for help create relevance and value for your site for these terms.

3. Consider your PR a standalone sales/conversion page: Because press releases tend to rank well for their target keyword terms, utilize features available on the site such as images / videos / etc. to hook the audience right from the press release. Instead of thinking of the PR as just a boring block of text that people have to navigate through to get to your site, think of it as a page that has the power to convert.

Press releases don't have to be expensive. There are usually different levels of distribution at different price points that offer different features and wider distribution. For example, a site like http://www.onlineprmedia.com offers different distribution levels mainly based on the extent of distribution. Among the paid packages, higher cost means the PR is distributed to more places, meaning more opportunities to be seen and more anchor text links.

Some things to look for in a press release distribution site:

* Does the release stay online indefinitely or do they take it down after a certain period of time or when you stop paying for a subscription?

* Does the release allow you to include live links?

* Does the published release "look" good and offer multimedia features that can keep readers interested (photos, videos, iFrame, social media feeds, etc)?

* Is the press release distributed in fully to other places WITH anchor text (not just the title)

* Are the page title tags and meta descriptions optimized based on the content you provide for the title and summary?

* Do press releases from the site appear in Google News (enter the name of the site in Google News to check)

Hope this helps!
For a free copy of the e-book, "The 7 Deadly Press Release Mistakes -- And How To Avoid Them," visit: http://www.onlineprnews.com/how-to-write-a-press-release

newstart
Trust:
Yes I believe press releases are effective. However it is not a main line activity in building backlinks to a website.

The advantages to a press release is the "possibility" that the press release will be syndicated for you by the press release site. This creates quite a few backlinks. These backlinks are usually high rank backlinks. A press release picked up by a major concern can be quite valuable however there is no guarantee your backlink will go into syndication.

I use press releases only as a secondary effort after all other backlinking attempts have been utilized. This way If the best scenario occurs I am rewarded. If not, that's okay as well as the site should be doing well on its own by this time.

Margene

This topic was started on Aug 05, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.