Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Opt-In Pages

PremiumMember
danklein
Trust:

Opt-In Pages

Hi Mark,

In lesson 12, you have an opt-in page offering a spanish course. The
thank you page recommends rocket spanish. Rocket spanish also offers
an opt-in course.

Won't this confuse the customer ?

Also, I have read that some affiliate programs that offer a newsletter/course do not imbed your link into it. If a sale is
made you may not get credit for it. Some guru's recommend
staying away from promoting sites with opt-in's.

What are your thoughts on this ?

Do the Affilorama promo videos include the affiliates link ?
I am planniing on promoting this course once I get my web page building skills together.

Also, your spanish page is signed David Bennet. What is that about ?

I am just trying to make sense out of all of this.

Thanks,
Dan
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
In lesson 12, you have an opt-in page offering a spanish course. The
thank you page recommends rocket spanish. Rocket spanish also offers
an opt-in course.

Won't this confuse the customer ?

Also, I have read that some affiliate programs that offer a newsletter/course do not imbed your link into it. If a sale is
made you may not get credit for it. Some guru's recommend
staying away from promoting sites with opt-in's.

What are your thoughts on this ?

With regards to most affiliate programs, including rocket spanish, affiliate cookies are stored for at least 90 days, often up to a year. So you are even more likely to receive credit for the sale if the user subscribes to the other list.

People don't just subscribe to one list when they are interested in something.

Although you are right, it might confuse the customer. They might only sign up to your list and then they may think they've already subscribed and not bother to subscribe to the website's list.

I guess that means you better have a good quality newsletter capable of converting for you. Otherwise just rely on the other list and the fact that your cookie will be stored for at least 90 days (almost all affiliate programs are like this, including clickbank ones).

Note: Affilorama affiliate program cookies are stored for 1 year.

Also, your spanish page is signed David Bennet. What is that about ?

It's a pen name. Not everyone likes to use their real name for everything. Putting my real name on affilorama.com certainly was a first.

After communicating with people privately, I have found that that method was perhaps too complicated to start with. So when I do my 90 day course, I will not worry about getting you to build a list to start with.

It's only valuale if it's done right.

I made a great full time living my first 4 years online without building a list. I know lots of great affiliates who don't build a list, eg they may make a 1 page review site of 4 different products, or something like that.

That also works well. In fact, it works better in the short run. It takes a month or two for the squeeze method to really show the benefits of building your list.

I hope this helps,

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
danklein
Trust:
Yes that helps. Thanks Mark.

Dan
PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hi,

What is the "90 day course"? Is it the affiloblueprint course or something else?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Old, old, old topic.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/