Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Multiple Twitter Accounts for different niches??

green6771
Trust:

Multiple Twitter Accounts for different niches??

Hi Guys,

When using twitter (or for that matter, Facebook), do you have a separate account / profile for each of the niches you are in or just one profile to promote everything? I am thinking that it might look odd if you promote dog training one day and then world of warcraft the next in one twitter account. Any advice would be really welcome.

Cheers,
Jesse
Last edited by michellerana on 25 Feb 10 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I think it would be much better to have separate profiles/accounts for each niche, so you can specifically target people with those interests by sending out tips, news and updates on a single topic.

The only exception to this would be if you were more focused on building your personal brand, with an account under your own name. And just talking about what you are up to generally. I guess some people might want to do this as well :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

green6771
Trust:
Thanks Michelle...much appreciated.
jpg820
Trust:
I tried doing that, but I can use the same email addresses. So, for every niche, a unique email address
Jimmy
jpg820
Trust:
correction: I am not allowed to use the same email address. So, for every niche, a unique email address

Jimmy
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Be careful with FB. it is against the TOS to have multiple accounts, and I know several people who have been banned for doing it.

On twitter, I set up a separate account for each niche/website. I also like to add a follow me on twitter link to all my social profiles under that pen name, as well as in the sidebar on my site.

I dont get many relevant followers really, most of my followers are other marketers just spamming their products, because they have no idea what the word social means.

The best one that I have is for my relationships site, but it is also my biggest portal to information on the topic.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

gerrymedia
Trust:
I see the benefits of a separate twitter account for each niche website. (using different email addresses)

If you intend to flip the website in the future, you could add the twitter account as a value-added bonus.

Gerry
http://NicheBlogPro.com - Niche Blogging Tips

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The other thing is If you are using alternate pen names, it looks better than having them all follow one site. of course, you can also always retweet with your other accounts if the topic is one that easily cross promotes with another niche. for example, I will often retweet my self improvement site content with my relationships and IM twitter lists. this is a great way to leverage an established site to cross promote your new sites and drive some quick traffic to a new project.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

marchal04
Trust:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. It's very useful for using twitter or any other social network site.
anuvasoft.com

elyfields
Trust:
jpg820 wrote:I am not allowed to use the same email address. So, for every niche, a unique email address

That's a bit annoying.

Hope Twitter will also do what Facebook and Google+ do--allow multiple pages under one account.

But I suppose there's a tool for that?
Ely

This topic was started on Feb 25, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.