Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

I suck at Hubs And Lenses

wazza
Trust:

I suck at Hubs And Lenses

I am sooo frustrated. I log into squidoo and cant write lenses on my topic, then after writing 3 hub pages they all got rejected because I linked back to my site.

I don't know how people do it. What is the point of writing a hub if ya cant link back to your own website.
?????

Might have to out source this because it just aint working out for me.

Anyone else have problems like this?
The affiliate marketing ninja!

stefan1601
Trust:
each of those sites have their own rules, but generally you'll be safe with 2 links to your site.

Squidoo has a "squidont" topics and if your topic is one of them, there's nothing you can do about it.

As for hubpages, they are very strict about duplicate content, so if you submit an article from your own website, be sure to rewrite it and wait a couple of days before submit it to mass article submission service such as AMA or UAW
wazza
Trust:
Yeh unfortunatly my topic is a squidont.
The hubs where unique and I spent a good 10 + minutes writing them. I linked to other hubs and some googel news topics that where related to my hub.

I had 1 link to my home page and 1 link to my review page. It was all good for 2 days then got a email saying they rejected it. I just copied the hubs and will prob use them for a blogger post or maybe an article for my site??
The affiliate marketing ninja!

stefan1601
Trust:
Personally, I won't push it if they already reject it, but if you really want it in hubpages, try add more content into it. Usually, I'm okay with 1 text, 1 rss, and 1 comment
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
usually they dont just reject you off hand. they will give you info on what has to change with it.

hubs are actually siimple but you have to use original content, not spun content or plr, and they don't like short hubs. also you are only allowed 2 links to a single domain for your hubs.

also, they want quality. just slapping some 10 minute article usually doesnt cut it. spend some time, and have pride in what you do. be willing to put a little effort and research into your work. when you do that, you can build up some really good hubs and get them approved. I usually spend a good 45 minutes- an hour writing my content for a new hub. Also, length is important. My hubs are usually 700-1000 words long. I think they put a limit on 500 words now.

I think the biggest problem is one of mindset. rather than give up because it doesnt work, find out what you can do to do it better, and get approved.

what it comes down to is read the rules and follow them. also, dont just post and run, or they are largely a waste of time. spend some time adding value to the site, and helping out people. go into the forum, and comment on other hubs that you are interested in.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

danielabeier
Trust:
A good 10+ minutes writing a hub? Take a look at other hubs and you will find they are detailed and high quality. My first hub got rejected and I soon found out why. Also hubs arent about backlinks they are about click-through's so provide good info and include 1 link.
http://Socialbarrel.com - Get The Latest Social Media News.

cecille.l
Trust:
Some people may take longer writing a good, original article while others can complete one in 10minutes. The bottom line is to submit articles that are not only relevant to your niche, but have good content.

Most of the time we get caught up in building backlinks we forget that it is all about quality now, not quantity.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Sep 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.