Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

How to mask affiliate id's in autoresponder emails?

tiborb
Trust:

How to mask affiliate id's in autoresponder emails?

Hey

I need to ask a question.

I have set up my autoresponder with aweber. Now i was wondering how you mask your aff id's in the emails that you send to your prospects??
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I usually use simple redirects. I create a .php file with ONLY the following code:
<?PHP

Header("Location: http://www.youraffiliatelink.com");
Exit;

?>

Put the file in a folder called Afflink for example and put it in the root directory and you can now send people to www.yoursite.com/Afflink and it will send them to your affiliate link.

Hope that helps.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

tiborb
Trust:
I am a bit confused

i am new to all this , what is a php file?

i am using xsite pro at the moment and that program has a feature for redirect pages, but i dont think i could use for my emails.

Also when u say root directory ? u mena the main file of the project or?

Man this is a steep learning curve , but i am learning quite alot and pretty fast hey.

Cheers
cyonics
Trust:
PHP is a programming language for the web much like ASP or Perl. This allows you greater control of your page and the ability to create advanced features in your website.

A Root directory could actually be many different locations, however, the point sean06 was making is you will need to place this newly created PHP file in a new folder on your website that you created.

For example, if your website was affilorama.com and you wanted to cloak an affiliate URL you were going to send out via email you might like to create a URL like instead.

It's short, sweet and accomplishes all of our goals. Now to make this URL actually work you will need to connect to your web site via FTP. Once, logged into your main or Root web site directory create a new folder (or directory, for you non-windows users) named "af" without the quotes of course.

Now, that we have a new folder it's time to make our Redirect script. I will provide you with two very basic scripts one in PHP and one in HTML just in case your server does not support PHP.

PHP Redirect Script:

HTML Redirect Script:

All you need to do is modify https://www.affilorama.com/af with your own URL to your website and upload one of these files to your new folder as index.php or index.html depending on which script you selected.

That's all there really is to it. If you need any further help please let me know.
Last edited by anonymous on 06 Jul 09 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Encoding url

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Nice post cyonics, explained in much more detail :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world