Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

How much would you pay for someone to be on your list?

cleverliving
Trust:

How much would you pay for someone to be on your list?

so i have come up with an idea that i cant reveal but basically i was wondering if you would pay 10c to add someone to your mailing list specifically within the link building niche? my biggest worry is not being able to get convert these into affiliate sales.. in order for it to be a good ROI ...

so basically $50 will get me 500 people added to my list in link building
$100 will get 1000
$500 will get 5000

Do you think this is a good price for a person on your list?
PremiumMember
ckxplanb
Trust:
please let me know how it work out? I have been sending out solo ads from safeswapes but so far the list over there is looking for free things , I am not sure if its the same else where.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Errrrr... where are these people coming from? Are you buying a list? If so, that kinda sounds like bad news.

If you're talking about spending money on PPC and then having a portion of those people signing up for your list, and working out the 10c that way... that would be fine. But 10c clicks are pretty darn hard to come buy, so I don't expect this is what you're talking about.

Basically the value of a list is only as good as it is targeted. If it's untargeted and all those people report you for spam or unsubscribe... you've poured money down the drain.

If there's a good chance they'll be interested in your topic, and receptive to your emails, it could work out... but those are pretty big "if"s. Oh, and if they're real people and not just a bunch of free email addresses that someone has set up but nobody ever actually checks.

A targeted list who loves your emails, respects your opinion, and has the will and means to buy the products you're recommending can be worth a lot of money per subscriber, depending on the niche. If they're legit, then 10c is a bargain.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

cleverliving
Trust:
thanks for your comments guys. I know it will get me atleast 10 people per day and they are laser targeted t as i have given this service away for free before but just to give back to the user but i never put together that i could get them to add to my list and was just giving away for free as i have never been a list guy only adsense. and that all went belly up worth the panda update ages ago. but i had a brain wave that i am sure will work.

the traffic is direct from a forum and they will be happy as i am giving something with great value for free but i will outsource it for 8-10c each person who adds to my list.

i have a big learning curve ahead as i dont have much cash and have never done list building. hae no idea how to use aweber either.. i am going to write a list of things i need to learn and complete in order to get it done.
bethhewitt
Trust:
I think it's important to remember that it's not quantity but quality. If you grow a big list you will incur the costs from your autoresponder that comes with having a large list.

I prefer to have a smaller, targeted and highly responsive list than one that doesn't know me from Adam. I would be interested to know how you get on though.
Need help with blogging or figuring out your niche? http://simplebloggingnetwork.com/its-so-blogging-simple

Take advantage of four profit centres http://oahdtqbe.megaph.com/

cleverliving
Trust:
ok i will see how it works out in the new year and let you guys know.. thanks guys
tankctrlr
Trust:
I agree, I'm in a coaching program and the coach (David Vallieres yes I'm dropping names! Albeit an old school name lol) is happy to pay up to $4.00 per (targeted) subscriber because he knows that his lists will earn him $3.69 per subscriber per month (ESM), and his lists are very targeted ranging anywhere from just 300 subscribers to 4,000, from dating niches to the IM niche etc.

$3.69 per subscriber per month with a responsive 4,000 subscriber list with killer copywriting skillz that could be a six-figure income right there.

I think you should find out what your ESM is (Earnings Per Subscriber Per Month) so you can know what you are able to pay for new subscribers whether getting them from PPC/PPV or safe-swaps/solo-ads etc., etc.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

daljeet.kaur
Trust:
If you are going to buy any package for just to increase back links then I would say no to this option.Buying paid links is not a good practice. Links that are build in an organic way are natural links and trusted links. The links that we buy are generally not trusted links and not remain for long. SO, don't favor paid link building. Try to built links in a natural way.
fenway2k
Trust:
I believe some people miss the point about paying for links and lists. They are clearly tricks designed to manipulate Google for gain. Google has warned time and time again to NOT engage in these practices as they are aware of them and are taking steps to rid their website of people who insist on engaging in these practices (You are aware that Google is just a website that provides a service and faces stiff competition from other websites that provides the same service, thus all the updates). So the question becomes not if they will penalize people who buy links/lists, but when.

The old school name drop above answers the question of why they would even continue to teach this method. There was a time when this method was acceptable and people made a lot of money buying lists and links. Old habits die very hard and its obvious this guy has made the decision to squeeze every last dime out of this tactic, even at the risk of his sites getting de-indexed.

It's about the quality of links to your site, not the quantity of links. You better believe that one natural, trusted link carries far more weight that 1,000 bad links in the eyes of Google. Affilorama has a ton of resources on link-building best practices. I would test all of these methods first - give it 90 days. If you truly master and apply these methods and they don't work, then by all means do what you must.
tankctrlr
Trust:
The OP I think is talking about buying leads for an e-mail list, not buying anchor text PR passing backlinks for SEO?

Buying LEADS is a great option for building your e-mail subscriber lists, IF you can do it right. You're not really buying leads you're buying traffic, you still need to convert that traffic. Essentially you're placing optimized ads and getting clicks to an optimized landing page and converting folks into first, a new e-mail subscriber then later converting them again into an educated-buyer with optimized e-mail copy (and a whole bunch of value add). Providing value and quality is paramount to success.

If I'm wrong about the original question then yeah don't buy PR passing backlinks for SEO and buying E-Mail Addresses is not a good ROI. ;-)
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

kingdavidmoving
Trust:
This is a wonderful post! is really informative for me. I liked it very much.

This topic was started on Dec 22, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.