Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

How do you win over companies with NO affiliate programs?

sandmeister
Trust:

How do you win over companies with NO affiliate programs?

G’day, can the Affilorama community give me some advice please on how to approach companies with no affiliate marketing experience to become companies with affiliate programs.

Two of my friends are managing directors of successful companies in Australia and those companies have websites.

The companies have their own promotional campaigns but they do not have affiliates helping them.

I could become the first :)

ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Sandmeister
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
honestly simply ask them if they have considered it, and see if they would be willing to. running an affiliate program is a lot of work, and if they don't know what they are doing it can be tricky.

personally, i would just find someone who has one already. there are plenty out there

if you want to help them set one up, I would learn all you can about being an affiliate manager first. Its a tough job, and not one to be taken lightly.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sandmeister
Trust:
G'day JM,

Thanks for your message.

I agree there will be many potholes (or pitfalls) in setting up an affiliate program for a company, even if the managing director is a mate.

Creating such a program would be one hell of a way to learn the pros and cons of affiliate marketing and I am sure many sleepless nights and some restless days will be part of the learning curve ... for both parties.

It is time for reflection on what can be done. First step will be to have a beer and ''discuss the future''.

Sandmeister :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Honestly, you need to already know how to do affiliate marketing if you are going to run an affiliate program. part of an affiliate managers job is to help their affiliates make more sales. if you don't already know how to do that, it can be hard to do on top of everything else.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Jun 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.