Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

How Do I Increase Conversions?

a_m
Trust:

How Do I Increase Conversions?

I made a review blog. I wrote a review of a famous clickbank product with 10,000 searches a month.
I am currently on the first page (top 5) and even though I received 300 organic visitors, I only made 1 sale.
Is there some fault with clickbank ?
Or is that the conversion rate of reviews are low ?
Please visit visioncareforeveryone.com and tell me the changes that I can make to improve sales.
Please analyze my site and bring out my faults.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hi,

You might need to let us know the URL of the actual page with your review on it, and the keyword you're ranking for.

Do you know how many people have clicked on your affiliate link through to the merchant site from this particular page?

It might be...

1) Not many people have clicked on your affiliate link. In that case you need to look at ways to get people more interested in the affiliate product.

2) Or a lot of people might have clicked through, but the page might not convert very well. I don't know what the product is, so I can't make a guess.

3) Or the keyword they're using to arrive at your site might not indicate an interest in buying a product. In your case you're ranking for a product name keyword (right?) which tends to indicate that people are interested in buying... so it's probably not this.

It's unlikely to be a problem with Clickbank. I suspect it's just that you haven't sent enough visitors to the merchant site yet.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi abhirath_mahipal,

I think one of the factors contributing to lack of conversions on your site are the ads. you have a few right on the first fold (upper half) of the site. I suggest you limit the ads on your site as these can distract your users and take them away from your site.

Are you referring to this particular review: http://visioncareforeveryone.com/vision ... m-or-real/ ? If so, you might want to change your approach on the article. Once you get users to your review page, or where you have your affiliate links, you need to convince them that the product is good and will help them with their issue.

You mentioned in the review that it is a "true" review from using the product for 2 months. Yet going through the review, it only details the pros and cons. I suggest you make it more personal; it should sound like it is from the viewpoint of someone who has used the product.

There are also other factors, as Aletta mentioned in the above post. You might want to consider these factors as well.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
To be completely blunt, your review isn't very detailed or convincing.

Your "pros" and "cons" contradict each other ("it doesn't take very much time" vs "it requires a lot of patience").

Essentially, by the end of your review, I'm left with no additional or useful information about the product. I'd guess that you haven't even looked at it.

Solution: Contact the vendor, get a review copy of the product and actually review it. (I'm a product vendor myself and it still surprises me that so few people ask for review copies.)

This shouldn't take too much time. If you're serious about making money with this product, then it's worth spending 1 or 2 hours doing this.

Write about specific things that you liked about the product. You have to convince the visitor that the product will solve their problem, and that requires more than writing "it actually works."

Ranking in Google can be hard, and it shows that you know your SEO if you're doing that, but that's just part of the battle. People aren't stupid and they won't just buy something because it's there.

Also, it is a little disingenuous to write "click here to download" when it really just goes to the vendor's sales page. It makes your site look scammy, and it attracts clicks from people who are expecting a free download and aren't prepared to pay money. I understand what you're trying to do, but selling the click won't lead to an eventual sale if people are misled.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

a_m
Trust:
@cterao - I have used the product. I will add more insights to it. Thank you for reviewing my site.
@Cecille - I will make it more personal. Thank you.
@Aletta - Thanks a lot :)
http://visioncareforeveryone.com/vision ... m-or-real/
This is the link.
a_m
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:Hi abhirath_mahipal,

I think one of the factors contributing to lack of conversions on your site are the ads. you have a few right on the first fold (upper half) of the site. I suggest you limit the ads on your site as these can distract your users and take them away from your site.

Are you referring to this particular review: http://visioncareforeveryone.com/vision ... m-or-real/ ? If so, you might want to change your approach on the article. Once you get users to your review page, or where you have your affiliate links, you need to convince them that the product is good and will help them with their issue.

You mentioned in the review that it is a "true" review from using the product for 2 months. Yet going through the review, it only details the pros and cons. I suggest you make it more personal; it should sound like it is from the viewpoint of someone who has used the product.

There are also other factors, as Aletta mentioned in the above post. You might want to consider these factors as well.

Please check out my review now. I have written my true story along with the post now. Thanks.
a_m
Trust:
cterao wrote:To be completely blunt, your review isn't very detailed or convincing.

Your "pros" and "cons" contradict each other ("it doesn't take very much time" vs "it requires a lot of patience").

Essentially, by the end of your review, I'm left with no additional or useful information about the product. I'd guess that you haven't even looked at it.

Solution: Contact the vendor, get a review copy of the product and actually review it. (I'm a product vendor myself and it still surprises me that so few people ask for review copies.)

This shouldn't take too much time. If you're serious about making money with this product, then it's worth spending 1 or 2 hours doing this.

Write about specific things that you liked about the product. You have to convince the visitor that the product will solve their problem, and that requires more than writing "it actually works."

Ranking in Google can be hard, and it shows that you know your SEO if you're doing that, but that's just part of the battle. People aren't stupid and they won't just buy something because it's there.

Also, it is a little disingenuous to write "click here to download" when it really just goes to the vendor's sales page. It makes your site look scammy, and it attracts clicks from people who are expecting a free download and aren't prepared to pay money. I understand what you're trying to do, but selling the click won't lead to an eventual sale if people are misled.

What do you suggest ?
I wrote my story of using the product.
I removed the ads

I never knew that I gave people false hope about getting the product for free. I included the word download as it gets quite a lot of monthly searches.
I have now made it clear that they have to pay for the product.
a_m
Trust:
aletta wrote:Hi,

You might need to let us know the URL of the actual page with your review on it, and the keyword you're ranking for.

Do you know how many people have clicked on your affiliate link through to the merchant site from this particular page?

It might be...

1) Not many people have clicked on your affiliate link. In that case you need to look at ways to get people more interested in the affiliate product.

2) Or a lot of people might have clicked through, but the page might not convert very well. I don't know what the product is, so I can't make a guess.

3) Or the keyword they're using to arrive at your site might not indicate an interest in buying a product. In your case you're ranking for a product name keyword (right?) which tends to indicate that people are interested in buying... so it's probably not this.

It's unlikely to be a problem with Clickbank. I suspect it's just that you haven't sent enough visitors to the merchant site yet.

http://visioncareforeveryone.com/vision ... m-or-real/
here is the link to the review.
Thanks for your reply.
cecille.l
Trust:
Please check out my review now. I have written my true story along with the post now. Thanks.

I visited your review page and here are some of my suggestions. I put them in bullet points so it's much easier to see:

I suggest you change the title to: " Vision Without Glasses Review: Scam or Real ?"

Delete text "Vision Without Glasses Review"

Edit "This is a true review of Vision Without Glasses after using it for two months. " to " This is my personal review of Vision Without Glasses after using it for two months."

Add sub-header " What is Vision Without Glasses" at the top, right before the into for Vision Without Glasses.

Edit "Vision Without Glasses Review – My advice" to something like "My Piece of Advice: Things I've Learned Through Using Vision Without Glasses"

Limit the use of the Call to Action link. Place on the first fold/upper half, then a second one at the bottom. It might be better to place the official download image at the bottom of the article instead of the middle where it is distracting to users.

You might want to write the pros and cons in paragraph form, using first person point of view. This helps make your article cohesive, as it appears to be more of a story, instead of a detailing of that the product does.

I never knew that I gave people false hope about getting the product for free. I included the word download as it gets quite a lot of monthly searches.
I have now made it clear that they have to pay for the product.

I agree with Clayton that the putting a "Download Now" verbiage on the article leads users to think they can get the product right away. You can try using other call to action text like "Get Clearer Vision Without the Glasses Today!".

Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you have a lot of really great advice from others on the content of your review, and just glancing through it, I see a lot of improvements already followed, ( I didn't see the original earlier, but from the comments, I see some of the advice implemented. I really recommend following through on the rest of the advice given by Clayton and the other staff members who replied earlier.

One thing I would like to add though is about the formatting of the page itself.

the more links you have on a page, the more chances you will have of losing the customer without them clicking your affliate link. when doing review pages, I generally publish them without the sidebar, and without the "recommended articles" at the end.

you want to limit the opportunities to leave the page to your affliate link and possibly and opt in for those not sure if they want to buy (try to make the opt in a highly relevant option for people not quite ready to invest but wanting more information on the topic of the product itself).

I like using a free report that sumarizes the main points of the products you are recommending, another opportunity to presell that product...

every link off that page will distract people from the actions you want. funnel people into those actions by removing as many choices as you can from the page.

I usually publish reviews with no sidebar, and limit the outbound links to other pages even on my own site so that people are directed more to the specific actions I want them to take on the page.

break up your text to 3-5 lines per block. the bigger the block of text, the less likely you will have people read it.

Honestly, your bullets are so vague and general, that they don't leave me with the feeling you actually have any experience. I could change a few words and use that same review for 100 products.

I need to see specific points from the product. don' worry about giving away the secrets. in fact, sharing a few quotes and tips from the book in your review will help you sell more.

do you have proof of success with the product, maybe sharing your previous prescription vs. a new prescription from your eye dr.? don't tell me it worked, show me proof it does... thats whats going through people's minds...
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
I would be cautious about having so many "cons" listed about the product. I know you might think it makes your review look unbiased and legitimate so that people are more likely to buy... but it (usually) does the opposite. It puts questions into reader's heads. It gives them a reason to do more research.

You can try to spin your "cons" so that they actually end up being "pros". For instance, if you say it's "not very interesting to read", perhaps it could be "very detailed and comprehensive, it might take some time to master the techniques".

Your last three "cons" are really the same.

The patient needs some amount of determination.
Like what the old proverb says, you need patience.
You may find it difficult for a few weeks as it takes a little time to get accustomed to it.

You could roll this in together with your first con (which is a real turn-off as it stands):

Not as effective as they claim.(It still works like a charm)

... And say something like... "The results you get are determined by the amount of time and effort you put into perfecting the techniques. It does work, but it's not a magic overnight solution."
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

a_m
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:you have a lot of really great advice from others on the content of your review, and just glancing through it, I see a lot of improvements already followed, ( I didn't see the original earlier, but from the comments, I see some of the advice implemented. I really recommend following through on the rest of the advice given by Clayton and the other staff members who replied earlier.

One thing I would like to add though is about the formatting of the page itself.

the more links you have on a page, the more chances you will have of losing the customer without them clicking your affliate link. when doing review pages, I generally publish them without the sidebar, and without the "recommended articles" at the end.

you want to limit the opportunities to leave the page to your affliate link and possibly and opt in for those not sure if they want to buy (try to make the opt in a highly relevant option for people not quite ready to invest but wanting more information on the topic of the product itself).

I like using a free report that sumarizes the main points of the products you are recommending, another opportunity to presell that product...

every link off that page will distract people from the actions you want. funnel people into those actions by removing as many choices as you can from the page.

I usually publish reviews with no sidebar, and limit the outbound links to other pages even on my own site so that people are directed more to the specific actions I want them to take on the page.

break up your text to 3-5 lines per block. the bigger the block of text, the less likely you will have people read it.

Honestly, your bullets are so vague and general, that they don't leave me with the feeling you actually have any experience. I could change a few words and use that same review for 100 products.

I need to see specific points from the product. don' worry about giving away the secrets. in fact, sharing a few quotes and tips from the book in your review will help you sell more.

do you have proof of success with the product, maybe sharing your previous prescription vs. a new prescription from your eye dr.? don't tell me it worked, show me proof it does... thats whats going through people's minds...

Thanks a lot.
I do not remove the side bars so that people can read other articles also. I feel it shows that my site is informative.
I think you are right. I should probably remove the side bar for that post alone. I will probably hire someone from fiverr.
I really appreciate you for your time.
Last edited by a_m on 08 Jul 13 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

a_m
Trust:
aletta wrote:I would be cautious about having so many "cons" listed about the product. I know you might think it makes your review look unbiased and legitimate so that people are more likely to buy... but it (usually) does the opposite. It puts questions into reader's heads. It gives them a reason to do more research.

You can try to spin your "cons" so that they actually end up being "pros". For instance, if you say it's "not very interesting to read", perhaps it could be "very detailed and comprehensive, it might take some time to master the techniques".

Your last three "cons" are really the same.

The patient needs some amount of determination.
Like what the old proverb says, you need patience.
You may find it difficult for a few weeks as it takes a little time to get accustomed to it.

You could roll this in together with your first con (which is a real turn-off as it stands):

Not as effective as they claim.(It still works like a charm)

... And say something like... "The results you get are determined by the amount of time and effort you put into perfecting the techniques. It does work, but it's not a magic overnight solution."

Done.
Thanks a lot.
Gosh ! I need to learn so much :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I understand on your articles wanting to keep people on your site. however, reviews are a bit different. review pages, the entire purpose is to get people to click your product links and purchase. you don't want them leaving the page to other pages on your site. you should have one or two options (google likes it better if you have at least one link to your regular articles) but, you want to limit the number of links that take them anywhere other than to the product. having more than 2 choices will actually lead to indecision about what to do and less likely they will take ANY action that you want.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
I just saw your blog. It is quite nice. Don't worry. Sales will go up simply because of the fact that cookies would have got enabled for a certain period of time. I have observed in the recent past that most visitors to banners or text links buy the products on a different day (well within the cookie period). Hence to your surprise you may find two or three sales even in a single day! It happened to me in the case of a web hosting affiliate program. To my delight I saw two sales in a single day from two visitors on different days (several days ago)! These things are quite common in affiliate marketing. I think experts like Cecille and Aletta would agree with what I have said on this topic.
a_m
Trust:
kallayprasanth05 wrote:I just saw your blog. It is quite nice. Don't worry. Sales will go up simply because of the fact that cookies would have got enabled for a certain period of time. I have observed in the recent past that most visitors to banners or text links buy the products on a different day (well within the cookie period). Hence to your surprise you may find two or three sales even in a single day! It happened to me in the case of a web hosting affiliate program. To my delight I saw two sales in a single day from two visitors on different days (several days ago)! These things are quite common in affiliate marketing. I think experts like Cecille and Aletta would agree with what I have said on this topic.

This topic was started on Jul 01, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.