Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Here is a tip...Get more traffic to your blog!

louisemann63
Trust:

Here is a tip...Get more traffic to your blog!

Do you want more traffic to your blog? Want a better Google pagerank?

Try .edu backlinks

Here is a little gem that I have found that makes it really easy to find .edu backlinks.

Go to the Google.com search bar and paste the following in the bar (change the seo to your niche name)

site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “seo”

This will give you .edu sites that are in your niche and you will not have to log in to post a comment.

But, please do not spam. Make the comment relevant to the blog and do not blatantly advertise.
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi louisemann63,

Thanks for sharing this. Edu and Gov sites help boost page rank, but the topic you're commenting on or the page on the Edu/Gov site you're leaving your link on should be relevant to your site as search engines are also looking at relevance now and not just backlinks.

We also have a Premium tool called the Trusted Site tool that lets you find Edu and Gov sites where you can post content. This is available to Premium members only though.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

louisemann63
Trust:
Thanks Cecille,

Yes, you are right.

Glad to see that you have some great tools to offer Premium members.
nam26bt12
Trust:
This is my first post on Affilorama. What's been on my mind and always is, is the subject of traffic. So when I came into the forums this post caught my eye!

Everyday I search the net looking for tips on how to propel traffic to my website and blog.
I write good content often and go ping my website whenever I've got something new to say. Socal networking and finding backlinks is a daily occurance.

On one of my fact finding trips surfing the internet from my trustee browser I came across this;
*Link removed by moderator* The people doing this campaign have just one thing on their minds. Traffic!

The more I delved into the workings of this viral concept the more excited I became. Sleep was impossible, so I spent my time on all the social networks and forums I could think of shouting the praises of this program.

And so I've ended up here on Affilorama spouting again! I won't lie, I'm hoping some will follow me down this path to traffic heaven! I would say though, it's interesting enough to check it out.
chidi11
Trust:
I have been a member on here for a while and have taken up or purchased some of the services on here. So to say I am shocked and disappointed that you allow scams like the adove post is beyound me. A quick google search will tell you what I mean. The only way to get good traffic to your site is great content good backlinks and hard work. I know it not what people want to hear I am just surprised you allowed it on here
nam26bt12
Trust:
I'm sorry, but who are you directing your question to chidi 11
If it's me I think I should respond.
Firstly you shouldn't point a finger at programs and shout scam, because you don't know for sure.
And how are they scamming anybody, no money is made out of this.
It's just about advertising your site.
Why you feel so shocked and dissappointed is beyond comprehension.
It's just an ad, it won't bite you!!
By the way my site has plenty of good content and backlinks and I spend up to sixteen hours on the net!
Maybe you'd care to check out my website and blog
Links removed by moderator
I also have a writers blog as I write content and fiction.
I'm really unsure of this place now! To meet someone on your first day who is so inhospitable is disappointing.
Do you have more say because you're here longer is that it?
cecille.l
Trust:
The Affilorama Forum, more than anything else, is a support community for all affiliate marketers. We provide support to members by way of this forum and respect each member's right to express himself and his opinions on various topics raised here. We expect our members to show the same respect and courtesy to each other's opinion and to respond to each other in the best way possible.

When responding to threads and posts, always make sure that you keep to the topic of the thread at all times. We allow external links to websites that provide more information on the subject or further illustrates your answer. We do not allow affiliate links on posts as much as possible. If you want to showcase your website/s, you can do so by placing your URLs on to your forum signature. You can create or edit your signature by clicking on My Account > Profile at the top right side of the page.

You can also refer to our post on how to use the forum for more information.

Please let me know if you have further inquiries. You can post your inquiry on the appropriate section of the Affilorama forums or send me an email through the contact form at our Support Page.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack

ssohana36
Trust:
louisemann63 wrote:Do you want more traffic to your blog? Want a better Google pagerank?

Try .edu backlinks

Here is a little gem that I have found that makes it really easy to find .edu backlinks.

Go to the Google.com search bar and paste the following in the bar (change the seo to your niche name)

site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “seo”

This will give you .edu sites that are in your niche and you will not have to log in to post a comment.

But, please do not spam. Make the comment relevant to the blog and do not blatantly advertise.

So how do I get edu blogs? Do you have lists :)
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi ssohana36,

We don't have a list (although you can Google these sites or a list of them) but we do have a tool called the Trusted Sites Tool which helps you locate .gov and .edu sites that allows users/readers to comment/contribute content.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

This topic was started on Feb 28, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.