Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Green Energy Niche. Help Needed.

PremiumMember
fridge7602
Trust:

Green Energy Niche. Help Needed.

I've chosen my first niche which is Green Energy. I've enough information to write content for my site, as it's also a subject I'm knowledgeable on. The one thing I'm having trouble with is the Keywords. Once I've sorted out my keyword sets with Traffic Travis and used Googles Keyword tool for search volume, I find that the highest searched keywords are being searched on average about 500 times a month. Nowhere near the 1500 that Mark recommends. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? As any help would be greatly appreciated.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could check the product sales page if you're having trouble coming up with your keywords. If it's a successful product (has a high gravity in Clickbank) then it means that it solves the major concerns of their audience with the sales copy. Good research has already been done on products that sell so they know what keywords to target. You might find terms that you haven't heard of before so I suggest that you write them down and find out what they mean and see if you could use them. Also go into forums and blogs and find what people are talking about and use those for your keywords.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
fridge7602
Trust:
You're right. Thanks. My main problem was i was typing in really generic keywords, focusing on information. Like "what is alternative energy". I fell into to the trap of typing what I wanted, not what the customer wants.
I wanted to know what I could use as a keyword instead of thinking like a customer and typing like they would. Hanging out in forums and blogs really changes how you search for keywords.
The help on this site is fantastic. It's great to be on a site that actually wants to help you.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I think DIY keywords (how to, learn, lessons, tips, DIY, make, or build) would work since a lot of products on this niche are do it yourself projects. Crisis keywords such as stop, repair, fix, crisis, save, or prevent would also make good keywords.
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

facts101
Trust:
I agree with michellerana, just a quick look at the DIY category opens up some great keywords. You've chosen a great niche and I wish you success!
alishan_008
Trust:
I made 2 sales in 2 weeks with no Google rankings in this same niche and both the sales were made on the same day. I even tried a system which sends spun articles to various blogs and I think that's where the buyers came from. :)
faradina
Trust:
That's great, alishan_008!

I just know that you will make more sales really soon :) It's a feeling I have inside.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Wow, you must have written good articles and submitted to relevant blogs! Congratulations, alishan_008 :)

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support

danchan
Trust:
Going in for more recent products would also help. Once your site gets ranked higher, the more competitive product keywords can be used.
alishan_008
Trust:
Thanks faradina and michellerana
I recently signed up for a free system which was being given away by an expert on the warrior forum. After signing up for that, I'm on the third page of google now. :D
yulia
Trust:
Hey,

What i would do : search for the top products in the green energy field.
Check some keywords for them and there you have it ) not so hard at all.
There are so many alternative products to the ones we use already .
I wouldn't hesitate to put in some half/green energy products ,economical products to be correct.

Good luck!)
Yulia- Affiliate Manager
Direct Net Partners Cigarettes Affiliate Program | Get 50$ CPA
Faster approval for Affilorama members
Email: [email protected]

This topic was started on Feb 06, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.