Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Get THOUSANDS of visitors with Wikipedia?

beldin
Trust:

Get THOUSANDS of visitors with Wikipedia?

Hey Guys,

Has anyone used either Wikia or Wikipedia to drive traffic to their site?

Stephen
Last edited by beldin on 01 Nov 09 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stephen

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Stephen,
I haven't personally but I do know that a couple of marketers I look at use it.
They seem to like it but I think it is not a long term strategy as wiki always manually review everything.
Not sure if it works for everyone though, 'hey' try it out.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

beldin
Trust:
I have had a number of my topic titles changed with no notification to me as to why. If moderators are going to do that for whatever reason I think it would be nice, at the very least, for them to say why. If I am doing something wrong with my titles let me know...

It makes it difficult for me to track topics I've opened because I may not recognize the title when it's been change like that (without notification). I had a ticket in for problems with the option to advise me when my posts are responded to because it's not working for me and this is adding to my frustration with keeping track of what I'm talking about.
Stephen

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Stephen

I know moderators do change topic titles from time to time and its not that the OP has done anything wrong - its just more as a service to other members so they can scan topic threads more easily.

A more accurate description of the discussion just makes it easier. Apologies if its caused any offence/confusion.

Thanks for your contribution to the forum.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Stephen,
I don't like changing topics but I will if I feel it needs changing to better describe the post..
You could help out by thinking of a topic heading that would be searched for by a member..
I just don't have the time to message every person with every change.
I can not speak for other mods or staff though.
I just keep or bookmark all my posts I want to keep track of in a folder on my desktop.
Sorry if it causes any hassles.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Oct 31, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.