Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Feeling Disillusioned - how can I attract customers?

zoewilliamson
Trust:

Feeling Disillusioned - how can I attract customers?

Hi,
I have been plugging away at my website: http://www.baby-patch.com for about 4 months now, i am continually adding to my blog and exchaning links via link market. I am now adding some new articles to the site and have reviewed several products. But as yet I have not made a sale and have not attracted many people to sign up for my newsletter. I am not sure what I should be doing to improve the situation and feel a little disillusioned about the whole process at the moment.

Any help and ideas would be appreciated.

Zoe
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
How many links have you been getting? Have you just been getting them from link market or do you have links coming in from all over the place?

I imagine this is going to be the problem, as well as perhaps targeting the wrong keyword phrases.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

zoewilliamson
Trust:
Hi,
I have about 30 links on my links page, mostly from link market, some from sites contacting me. I am also on heaps of free directories.

Zoe
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Zoe,

Some directories and a few links from link market isn't really going to cut it as far as google is concerned.

Especially if you're not just targeting low competition keyword phrases.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

zoewilliamson
Trust:
Hi Sean,
What else do you suggest? I have posted a few articles on article sites and probably should do some more. Not sure if I should just be concentrating on getting links back to my home page only or getting links to a range of pages on my site. Any suggestion would be great.

thanks
Zoe
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Zoe,

I'd submit to as many directories as you can get your hands on. You should have the free software to do that with, so make good use of it.

Also, continually add articles to tons of article directories.

Some reciprocal links are also handy, I find that they work much better in msn than google.

I'd send most of the links to your home page, but I'd also get some links to your inner pages, especially the product reviews. This will make it look more natural to google.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

zoewilliamson
Trust:
Thanks, will get onto it!

Zoe
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, SEOing a site is a frustrating a long process.

If you're not already doing so, I recommend getting plenty of links with your product names as the anchor text. These words aren't as hard to rank for and you'll find that they convert SO much better.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

digiblue
Trust:
Hey Zoe

I think the biggest lesson to learn in Internet marketing is that you got to keep putting out high quality sites and not leave all your eggs in one basket. Some Websites will make money (scale up) others will not, no matter what you do (drop).

But if your trying to build an authority site and you have been plugging away for months seeing no results it can be frustrating.

I checked out your backlinks for your Website and you need to get many more. Do not stick only to directory links or reciprocated links, you need to mix it up and get a wide variety of links from a variety of different sources.

Also experiment dropping adsense from the Website to see if conversions increase. Also rotate different ads like the one on the homepage to see what works and what doesn't. You need to become a bit of a scientist who tests out many different variables.

But sometimes at the end of the day it might just be worth your time and money to drop the Website and move on to another. But right now you will need more links, try different things with the ads and experiment getting rid of adsense.

One last idea, if you want more people to sign up for the newsletter try putting at the top rather than further down the site. Put it above the fold and have a stronger call to action. What do people get for signing up to your newsletter? People want to exchange their email for something of value. You need to show that you are offering them value if they sign up for your newsletter.

Hope that helps
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I've never used link market, nor have I ever taught you or anyone else to use it for building links.

Although I have noticed that most of your pages have a positive pagerank, so that is a positive sign that google is trusting your website.

4 months isn't very long given that this is your first website and you possibly have made mistakes along the way, you've made good progress thus far with your pagerank.

When there are low sales with any of my websites I first ask the question, what are people looking for when they find my website? Am I getting enough visitors per day? If not, is there enough demand and have I done my research correctly? If there is demand, where am I ranking in the search engines for each of the phrases that I am trying to rank highly for? (it's important you track your rankings, I use traffictravis to do this).

If I'm getting lots of visitors but no sales, I look at what people are typing when they find my website and try to see if what I'm offering is what they are looking for. If I'm really stuck and just can't seem to convert sales, I opt for inserting google adsense in obvious positions and see how that goes (e.g. www.haircutadvice.com).

I hope this helps, keep perservering as this is all a learning curve and is well worth your time when you do break through. The other option is you experiment with pay per click, e.g. via google adwords, to see if the products you are promoting actually convert well to sales when people are searching for them.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive