Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Email Promotion

PremiumMember
shen
Trust:

Email Promotion

I have learned how to set sign-up box and send out newsletter series by Aweber. I have some email addresses from other resources (not my friends), can I send a letter to memtion and promote my product? Is it a proper way to do it? and how to do that?

Shen
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Shen, how did you get those emails? It's not a good idea if those people did not give you permission to send them emails as it will be considered spamming.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I have to agree with Ampie.

Site visitors usually register their emails because they trust that the site owner will not sell, rent, or lease their personal information to third parties. It would not be ethical if the emails were harvested or taken without the email owner's permission.

It would be best to send emails only to those who subscribed to your list :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
shen
Trust:
Hi, Ampie and Michelle.

Thank you for your warning. I will not do that. But those email addresses were to me legally.

Shen
faradina
Trust:
Hi Shen,

You would still need the permission of the owners of the email addresses to send them email, specially if it's a series of emails, even if you learned about those email addresses "legally". Remember that having a list of email addresses does not make you the owner of those email addresses nor give you the right to send them anything at will; it would be an invasion of privacy.

I hope that helps :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
at most, I would send them one email recommending that they sign up for your email list on aweber, otherwise you open yourself up to spam complaints, by sending unsolicited emails. you are taking a chance. now, that doesn't mean you cannot email anyone.

On my personal emails, i have a link to one of my blogs, that goes out to anyone that I email. but it isn't a promotional email, it is my signature for all the emails that I send.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

careybaird
Trust:
Did you search for the of email list? It is not really good to send emails without permission. I agree with the people here. It will be considered as spam. If you want better feedback, try to send the newsletter to those who have subscribe on your site or those you have permission to avoid rejection and waste time.
www.FreshStoreBuilder.com
The Most Advanced Amazon Associate Tool
Make $$$$ from Amazon with SEO Friendly Stores - only $97 - 30 day Money back guarantee

This topic was started on Oct 13, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.