Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Any experienced WordPress users here?

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:

Any experienced WordPress users here?

I'm trying to setup a wordpress blog, but I'm having a little trouble. I've asked a question in the wordpress support area, but I'm guessing I'm gonna have a few more questions, as I can't even get past step one. :)

I am retarded when it comes to this sort of stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I've just posted a step by step written tutorial to how to set up a wordpress blog.

It's in my blogging101 resources section. Check it out!

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thanks Mark, I think I had my hosting as Windows ASP, so I changed it to PHP.

Now it's all ok I think. I'll let you know if I have any further troubles.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I keep getting the error "Error establishing a database connection"

I've looked for answers on the WP support area, but most of the posts are way over my head.

Anyone else had this problem?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
rcubed
Trust:
Hi,

I recently set up a WP blog on my site and it was my first experience with it. WP does require a MySQL database so the error you're getting is because the WP script is unable to connect to the DB for some reason.

This could be for several reasons. Either the DB didn't get created or the login information is not correct. You may want to begin checking your MySQL information. If you have cPanel, this is not too difficult.

My hosting account came with a feature called "Fantastico" which is a PHP manager. It has an installation for WP, which is pretty easy.

If you still have problems, you may want to submit a support ticket to your Web host. They should be able to get you fixed up quickly.

Good luck,

Rich
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thanks Rich, I think I'll be in contact with my host, see if they can sort it out.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Finally got it up and running.

Just a tip for people using the Affilorama hosting. When editing the wp-config file, change "localhost" to the host name in your settings. Mine looked like "mysql91.secureserver.net" . It took me ages to figure this one out, even though it was something really simple in the end. :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com