Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

adding traffic to a web page

solar81
Trust:

adding traffic to a web page

Just wondering if adding a like button (facebook etc) a pole (a question with 4 answers on it, you can choose one or all 4 answers. Id change the question each month) and a blog link would be to much?

solar
joshuas
Trust:
Hi Solar,

People generally get easily distracted on a web page so you want to think carefully about want you want to emphasize on your page and which will lead them to take the action you want. Where are you planning on putting these elements? All on the sidebar? Inside a post? If it is all bunched up together I would definitely think it is too much.

I like to design my web pages by thinking along the lines, what is the ONE thing I want visitors to do when they get to the page? Sign up to my list? Get onto the merchant sales page? Read more articles? When I have that goal firmly set, my design becomes much easier.

Just some suggestions if you do want to implement all of what you mentioned (I'm assuming you're using a Wordpress blog).

1. Like button

- on each post or/and a FB page widget on the side that displays no. of likes (if you have a FB page)

2. Poll

- either at the end of a post tailored to the poll or...
- through your auto-responder after they sign up to your list (if you have one)

3. Blog link

- probably side bar or in the post itself depending on where it goes and how it relates to the rest of the content on your site.

I'm making quite a few assumption in my suggestions since I don't know much about your site but one thing I do want to say is that when you want something from your visitors (action of some sort), always keep in mind that they are more willing to give after they have received something from you FIRST. This is why I have said things like include the poll in your autoresponder (or even in the free report). This is all part of building rapport with your customers and understanding the law of reciprocation.

Hope that helps.
Joshua
solar81
Trust:
including the poll in a autoresponder is a good idea, what autoresponders are good to use?

my website is based on green living so i have quite alot of links to various ebooks under certain catagories i.e. garden, saving energy. i also plan on possibly placing one or 2 adds on my website. i have also added a about me section on the website

as for where id put the autoresponder id prob use a basic add yr email add and name type system not over powering but enough so that if the website viewer is interested they wont have any problems finding it - more or less close to my small introduction near the top of the website name
joshuas
Trust:
I use Aweber and I'm quite happy with it. I haven't really tried other autoresponder services so I can't really draw any comparisons though.

If you'd like some feedback regarding your website you could post your website link here (and others can chip in). Alternatively, you could send me a private message and I'd be happy to take a look.

Joshua
bethannstewart
Trust:
So, if you add a like button for facebook on your website and you have a page on facebook, does this given you more traffic? Does and could it effect ranking in a positive way?
solar81
Trust:
the website is a work in progress i had feedback on my previous website and since then ive been trying to improve it. i can upload it so that its online now but its not quite finished yet

ive placed a add for my website on facebook, i get a few visitors but i suspect they dont come back due to the existing website template i have atm. once my new website template is up i may have more success
Last edited by solar81 on 27 Feb 11 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

joshuas
Trust:
bethannstewart wrote:So, if you add a like button for facebook on your website and you have a page on facebook, does this given you more traffic? Does and could it effect ranking in a positive way?

Putting a like button for your posts helps in a sense that you allow people to spread the word about your site if they like it. Theoretically that could bring in more visitors. In terms of ranking it could help since I think a link to the page you liked shows up in Facebook.

A Fb page can be used to build a community around your chosen niche/site. For example, you could make a page about green living and send out invitations to that. Get good discussions around green topics and provide quality content. Depending on how you want to use it, you can integrate your site into Fb Notes so that new posts show up each time you post it. That would also bring in more visitors. It is much more work though but could be worth it if you're in that niche for the long haul.

solar81 wrote:the website is a work in progress i had feedback on my previous website and since then ive been trying to improve it. i can upload it so that its online now but its not quite finished yet

Oh, I see. No worries then. :)

Joshua
danielabeier
Trust:
You cant go past the like/share or twitter buttons. It helps the users find which are the best posts/pages and helps drive traffic. One site I have these buttons on have visitors from facebook staying an average of 1.50 minutes where as the traffic from Google only stay for 45 sec's on average.

Not to mention you can build your fan page up in this way, creating more return visitors and a fan base.
http://Socialbarrel.com - Get The Latest Social Media News.

This topic was started on Feb 26, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.