Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

1 Aff Company + an 11% Conversion Rate = $70K in 2009

brianjoseph
Trust:

1 Aff Company + an 11% Conversion Rate = $70K in 2009

Hey everyone please read to the end because I am in need of guidance.

About two years ago I started sending traffic to a well known weight loss program via Yahoo Search Marketing. I had a total of 3 keywords each was a variation of the company's brand name. The offer converted like crazy for a number of months until the advertiser forbid any advertising on their brand name. With the verdict coming down from on high, I pulled all my ppc campaigns for this offer. After reading and rereading their terms of service, i discovered they had no official brand policy as it related to SEO so, since i knew this was a money maker I shifted my focus to try to rank naturally for the brand name of this particular company.

After reviewing some of Mark and the Affilorama team's coursework and implementing 70% of it, I started to see results. The great news is that after a year or so of going natural, i hit the jackpot so to speak. I have multiple page 1 listings for variations of the brand including the main head term. So much so that for 2009, this one company maintained an 11% conversion rate which produced over $70K in commission for me personally.

I am grateful for the course materials that take you step by step but now I am in need of guidance.

I have this great weight loss offer that converts well for its brand name but I feel as though I have maxed out on traffic related to the brand. I am not sure how to take it to the next level in terms of more traffic and revenue. The company forbids advertising on ppc engines for its brand. I know it must be obvious but I can't see the forest for the trees.

Any advice on how to scale this thing? i want to break into the "big leagues" but I am not sure how to scale this offer up?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

Brian
devplan
Trust:
Would you be permitted to run banner ads on high-traffic sites, other than yahoo search?

As far I know to scale up cpa offers, one would need to go into media-buys.

You would locate those keyword related high-traffic sites with google and then put the URL into quantcast.com and the see if that site accepts banner ads.
Quantcast gives you also demographics data.

Hope, this gives something workable for you.

rgds, devplan
Nur für Deutschsprachige --> http://goo.gl/ebCt --> Passives Einkommen ohne Risiko!

pockets
Trust:
What percentage of that came from PPC and how much came from the top 10 rankings Brian?
brianjoseph
Trust:
Thanks for all of the input so far. In answer to your question, for 2009 all of the revenue was generated from top 10 Google rankings. I haven't touched PPC for about a year and a half.

I have considered PPC for more generic diet and weight loss terms but have yet to pull the trigger. Also, not sure about getting banner placement for other sites. I guess it's taking the leap of faith and graduating to the next level. When you get comfortable spending pennies to make thousands with SEO, it is difficult to spend "real" money on media buys and PPC / Google content network even if you know your numbers.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi Brian,

I'll let someone else be the expert on getting more new traffic, but what are you doing to maximize on your existing traffic and the customer lifespan? By adding a signup box and hitting up your list with new offers and reasons to continue to visit your site I'm sure you could increase revenue by at least 50%. In this way you would no longer depend 100% on new SEO traffic.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

creplip
Trust:
Gosh. What a lovely problem to have. I am soooooo jealous. :)

This topic was started on Jan 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.