Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Keyword Remorse. Optimized my site but getting poor traffic.

carlmasure
Trust:

Keyword Remorse. Optimized my site but getting poor traffic.

I'm wondering if I have keyword remorse.

I set up a website at the beginning of Feb. in the learn to play guitar niche with a very good product.

I used TT and MNF to line up my keywords, so I felt confident that I had the right set of 15 keywords.

Did all the AMA, forum links, ezine, and submitedge as shown in the bootcamp, plus some decent 2.0 work and one run of magic article submitter. Plus, wordpress setup to a tea following Mark.

A search of my domain name gets me to #1 in google. My subdomains-the actual pages my articles are on: Nothing at all in terms of ranking, but at least indexed. I'm getting meager, really meager traffic coming from the 2.0 links.

Should I be more patient with this or should I keep hammering away at building more links?

Or, should I re-analyze my keywords and maybe come up with some others?

Am I paranoid or impatient?

Should I move to the next campaign and let this simmer more?

Please talk me down off the ledge.
Last edited by michellerana on 07 Mar 10 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

paulie69
Trust:
Hey Carl,

Move back from the ledge... ;) Sounds like you've been working hard and have done your homework! If your site is only one month old or so it's good you're already getting traffic! Be patient and you will see better results, I went through the same thing, believe me. Don't give up and don't be too over zealous link building - do your link building slowly, little by little. Stay with it though! Nurture your site, let it age naturally. It may take a while but you will surely start to see better results next few months! It takes a while to build Google trust for a new site I think :)

Best regards
Paul.
wollowra
Trust:
Yes, Paul is correct.
Let the domain age for a bit and keep going with what you have been doing.
As soon as you make $100 to $200 a mth, spend it on outsourcing and keep doing what you are doing on top of that.
Mark has a good video on this here...
https://www.affilorama.com/blog/whiteboard
Make sure everything you do has relevance and leads back to relevant pages and keywords.
Try to register your domains for 2 years+ as well.. just a little side tip.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

carlmasure
Trust:
Hey guys!

Thanks a lot! You really put me at ease.

Yes, I run all my back links with the keyword being the actual link. I made some errors with this early on.

Best,
Carl
paulie69
Trust:
You're welcome Carl. :) Keep persisting, don't give up. I look at it this way; If it was easy to make money in affiliate marketing then everyone would be into it, right? :)

Take care, all the best
Paul.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
just keep it up. when I started, Took me almost 3 months to see decent traffic. but I learned so much from what I was doing. Now I can get a lot of traffic quickly, but it takes time to learn all the tricks. just keep at it and test new things until you hit the magic button.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sansam
Trust:
tahnks for sharings
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Carl,

As everyone else mentioned, getting traffic to your site takes time, particularly if you are new to IM and your website is new. Keep working on your on-page and off-page SEO, building links naturally takes time. The traffic and ranking will soon follow.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Mar 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.