Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

When should I start outsourcing?

bigearner57
Trust:

When should I start outsourcing?

When I read an article: "Thinking big? Outsourcing is where it's at!", and I have not understood one thing where do I start, where outsourcing comes in. It is important to get your first site earning you money. If you have a profitable site it is time to use outsoursing. But without outsoursing you cannot write good articles, so you do not get earnings, because of your failures or mistakes in English if it is not your first language. If you've built your first site and you want earning you a good income then you will have to use outsourcing, as I think. Please somebody help me and explain this all to understand it.
Thanks.
jasondodd
Trust:
Outsourcing can really be started at any time and if you're struggling with writing your own articles then it would be sensible to look at outsourcing this to a place such as elance.com.

However in our experience a lot of affiliate marketers start out with a small budget (also known as bum marketing) so outsourcing is not really an option, in which case they need to earn that money from their first site before moving on and scaling their operations with outsourcing.

The other advantage of getting your own site earning first is that it gives you some good experience in what you need to do to create money-earning websites. Before you start outsourcing its really important you understand how the industry works, otherwise you can waste a lot of money on getting work done that doesnt achieve a whole lot.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

bigearner57
Trust:
It sounds reasonable,thanks!
rocketdocket
Trust:
Two questions about outsourcing articles.

First, how personal should the article "sound"? One example: I almost completely re-wrote one of the PLR articles offered by AB as a bonus. As I re-wrote the article, I found myself injecting personal stories or examples relevant to the article content and injecting "you," you're" and "I" a lot.

After completing the re-write, the article sounded more interesting, real and friendly vs. the original article that had few personal pronouns and sounded canned.

Second outsourcing question, which may sound dumb, but worth asking. What if you're not only good at quickly writing articles but you enjoy writing articles? I'm a blogger. I write all the time.

If my goal is to set up 50 sites in 50 days, then I understand the necessity of outsourcing. However, if my goal is 5 sites in a month or two, why not write the articles myself, avoiding potential duplicate content and launching a better website?

Brian

Brian Prows
Director of Mobile & New Media
MobileBeyond
http://www.MobileBeyond.net
510-565-7946

jpastorizo
Trust:
Rocket,

If you enjoy writing then by all means write the articles yourself. The articles like you said will be more personal and will be a better read. The beauty of outsourcing is not just when building several sites at the same time but on the speed. I have 2 writers in the Philippines. If both of them are experienced on the niche I will be building a website on then I can outsource to them and have the articles done in a short amount of time. If you are to do it yourself like you said maybe 5 websites a month or 2 then it is definitely doable by people like you who enjoy writing. But it will take you a longer time than compared to someone who outsources.

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

lester269
Trust:
Hi Rocket,

Comes down to a personal choice in the end I reckon.

I'm similar to you in that I enjoy writing articles and did a complete rewrite from PLR's to personalise them. Usual problem tho of the time available to do so because of the hated 'dayjob'. But grinding on as I will have the satisfaction of having my first site as a truly personal creation.
However, when it's earning, I want to ramp up quickly so it will be outsourcing for me at that stage. Advantage as Jason says is that I will have set the standard that I want my articles to be at. Plus will only have to spend 5% of the time to personalise them.
Good feeling when it's all your own work, don't you think?

@Jason
Agree 100% on understanding how it works before you outsource. Otherwise how you know if the quality is good enough?

@Renato
Would be interested to find out how your writers perform. Not ready to outsource for prob 1 month yet, but would welcome your thoughts.

@Bigearner
Regardless of the points above, I would think that if English is not your first language, then outsourcing to a quality writer would be essential. It's tough enough and time consuming enough as it is without a language barrier in the way.
I would like to take on the Spanish market for a number of different niches, but have no idea of how these PLR's would sound to a natural Spanish speaker. So in addition to the normal work with the website design I would have to:
1. Get them translated first to English to read them.
2. Rewrite them in English to my standard.
3. Translate them back into Spanish again to post them.

Regards

Alastair
Onwards & Upwards, my fellow Affiliateers!

If you don't try, you'll always wonder why!

jpastorizo
Trust:
Lester,

My writers are not comparable to the ones in elance whose 1st language is English and charges $12 per 500 word article, but my writers are good enough to write quality content. If you've watched Russell Brunson's video on Micro Continuity he said that he has 2 writers from the Philippines who creates his squidoo lenses for him. John Jonas' team members are all from Philippines too and he raves about them. I am not biased because I am originally from the Philippines but we do have a lot of people who can provide quality work since English is our 2nd language and almost everything in school back home are taught in the English language. Besides it is cheaper to outsource there since the exchange rate is high, so it may seem cheap to you but it is good money back home.

What I am concerned about at this point is their turn around time. I guess it is because a lot of these writers have regular clients that is why it takes them a lot longer to submit the articles. They also are mostly doing this part time unlike the ones in elance who do this full time.

When you are ready to outsource, go take your time to look for people who you think you can trust working with you. After you have confirmed if they do quality work then it is all about building a good working relationships with them. I am actually already considering to hire a Virtual Assistant full time but I think my readiness level is not yet there.

Renato

lester269
Trust:
Hi Renato,

Many thanks for your information. I'll certainly store it for use in the near future.
Quality content is quality content no matter who or where it comes from. Be more than happy to give someone good money for a good product and if it saves me some in the process then it's a win win situation for both parties!

Would like to PM you nearer the time for some further guidance if that would be ok.

Thanks Again

Alastair

jpastorizo
Trust:
Alastair,

I am here trying to help people in my available time. By all means send me a PM if you have any questions. If there are no sensitive information maybe it is better to post here and let me know the thread url so that I can share my thoughts on it and others might learn from it as well.

Regards,
Renato

lester269
Trust:
Renato,

Echo your thoughts on helping people. That's what I like about Affilorama.

Good idea to post.

Thx Again

Alastair

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
I'm currently spending about 225 dollars for the first 15 articles for my Blueprint site. Me personally I will pay for top notch articles for my main site and outsource other articles or write them myself for article promotion. I don't want the articles to be essays for article promotions their intent isn't to get a Pulitzer prize. They just need to be good enough to get a back link. There are some quality writers you'll find for 3 to 5 bucks for a 3 to 500 word article.
jpastorizo
Trust:
Avidpoet,

$225 for 15 articles? Bro I think you are over paying. Even with the elancer's who are very good writers only charge about $12 a piece. You don't need to pay $15 a piece to get top notch articles. But hey, whatever works for you man.

Regards,
Renato

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
jpastorizo wrote:Avidpoet,

$225 for 15 articles? Bro I think you are over paying. Even with the elancer's who are very good writers only charge about $12 a piece. You don't need to pay $15 a piece to get top notch articles. But hey, whatever works for you man.

Regards,
Renato

It was my first time out plus the dude is a copy writter so I got the best of both worlds. The articles are really good but they will be used for my site and my site only. Now that I know I couldve gotten them done for 12 bucks a piece I think I'll head on over to Elance for the next 15 lol...
jpastorizo
Trust:
Avidpoet,

If you are good with 400 word articles then you can definitely outsource to elance about $10 a pop. =)
I am happy with my writer on the gaming niche, she charges me a really good price of about $3.50. =)

Renato

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
It can be hard work finding a good writer when outsourcing - the old saying of you get what you pay for generally applies. So if you're getting well-written unique content for about $10 per article of 500 words or more then that is worth hanging on to.

If you really want to go cheap then you might be better off using PLR and rewriting it (as well as keyword optimizing) yourself.

It takes time to get outsourcing right but it's worth it - it's such an under-utilized method of scaling your business.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

trevanne
Trust:
I have just had 15 articles written for $150.
The quality was good.
They were written through ExclusiveArticle.com

Trevor
jasondodd
Trust:
Thanks Trevor ... its always good when you find somewhere to get well-written articles. Thats why they say when you find a good outsourced writer - look after them and give them good feedback ...
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

beldin
Trust:
Does anyone find it odd that the main page on exclusivearticle.com contains spelling mistakes? The one that got me was in their Step 4 about the final proof read.

I'm just saying that if you are running a business around articles you'd better make sure you copy is spot on.

Anyone else use this service and have comments on it?

Stephen
Stephen

daddynanny
Trust:
It took me about 2 years to find a good writer so I can move faster with putting contents in my web properties, but like Mark said. It's all worth it. I now have 2 part timers and 1 full time writer - who were all doing so well in their work. They even do the research for me now - no matter what niche it is. I'll give them enough time and they'll deliver what I required from them. Really made my affiliate life easier.
marcovandaar
Trust:
I am also interested in outsourcing. And it is not that i don't like writing. It's because my english is bad. my first languages is dutch so... But as i am a beginning affiliater, i dont really want to pay the Bigprice. I see some people here get much cheaper writers than i can find.

Are there some people who knows such writers? Please PM me. Or just post it here if it is allowed!?

Thanks,
marco
patric
Trust:
Hi everyone,

I got caught up with your conversation here. Personally, I think outsourcing does not necessarily mean expensive or big budget. I have a friend who needed writers for a certain website and she outsourced people from her group of friends. Of course, she knew what each and everyone's capabilities when it came to writing but at least she was able to bargain to her 'writers' with regards to the budget :) But then again, if you love writing and if you do have the talent, then by all means write it yourself. It will save you a lot of cost as well as doing the most enjoyable thing for you wont feel like work at all!
Howdy! If you’re looking for a wonderful new product that you can easily promote and sell, check out my latest release: http://my-free-electricity-source.com/

Join me as an affiliate, and start earning cash today! http://my-free-electricity-source.com/affiliates.php

Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
I guess the "con" side of outsourcing is being brave enough to risk it. If you are just new to this industry but would very interested to try, it is advised that you just pay for small projects. Elance is a great place to start. Additionally, you should also do your research before you even hire someone. One of the things you should have basic knowledge about is the pricing as well as quality of work. Like for example, in terms of assigning writing jobs, try to know the best prices first and with regards to quality, it would be safer to hire someone (in Elance or any other freelancing sites) who has clean track record of past clients and maintains good ratings.
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

This topic was started on Jul 06, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.