Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

When should I apply for Adsense?

lunatunes
Trust:

When should I apply for Adsense?

My navigation menu on the left side has 40 links. Only 7 are live links.
The other 33 are dead links since the pages are not built for them yet.
I have 21 pages so far.
3 subpages for each one of the 7 live links in the menu.

Should I remove the 33 dead links before applying for adsense or can I just leave them?
Also should the metatags and page descriptions ect be done before applying?

Lastly, theres a column on the right of each page that is blank. That is where there will be ads and adsense ads. Is it ok to leave that large blank space or will google see that as a site built only for adsense?

I probably seem paranoid but I have this fear of being denied ever since I found out that they can do it at will.

Thanks,
Randy
stevenar
Trust:
google adsense accepts everyone, they don't check your website to approve it or anything.

The ads that google generates for you will determine whats in your <h1> tags, meta tags, title tags, and keywords in your content. So setting all those would be a smart thing so that you get ads related to what your page is about.
lunatunes
Trust:
stevenar wrote:google adsense accepts everyone, they don't check your website to approve it or anything.

Hmm? I dont know if thats true. What do you base that information on?

stevenar wrote:The ads that google generates for you will determine whats in your <h1> tags, meta tags, title tags, and keywords in your content. So setting all those would be a smart thing so that you get ads related to what your page is about.

Do you mean: Your H1 tags will determine what ads google generates?

My question was more on being accepted but I appreciate your reply :)
I know how to utilize tags and SEO for the most part I was just wondering if I needed to do this first before applying.

Is there anyone who can answer the questions a little more as stated.

Thanks,
Randy
stevenar
Trust:
Hmm? I dont know if thats true. What do you base that information on?

By looking on the web and seeing the crappy sites that have adsense on it. Even Adsense arbitrage sites are accepted.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You have a justified reasonable fear Randy.... even my sites have been denied and they are well built and yes they do approve each site so I don't know what their criteria is... my sites are far better than a lot of the garbage out there so I am not one to know how they do it.... as for your links... I would remove the dead links when applying.... I don't see why the white box would make a difference though. Hope you get in!
stevenar
Trust:
That is strange. I never heard of people getting denied for adsense.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
stevenar wrote:That is strange. I never heard of people getting denied for adsense.

Really? All the time
stevenar
Trust:
Oh ok, I'll shut up then haha.

I was just thinking of some of the horrible sites ive seen with adsense on it.. i was like "theres no way google reviewed this site".
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
stevenar wrote:Oh ok, I'll shut up then haha.

I was just thinking of some of the horrible sites ive seen with adsense on it.. i was like "theres no way google reviewed this site".

Maybe they are taking someone else's adsense code... I've seen that happen... yea not sure how Google does it.....
lunatunes
Trust:

Nooo....dont do that :)

I appreciate your feedback Steve.

I dont always give the right advice although I think I do....ha ha

Whats nice is Adrian, Sean and Mark are always there to keep us on the right track.

Thanks Adrian.....I hope I get in too.
I thought Adrian that once you get accepted for adsense and you have an account then you dont have to be accepted again for the next website.

Do they decide from site to site?

Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:

Nooo....dont do that :)

I appreciate your feedback Steve.

I dont always give the right advice although I think I do....ha ha

Whats nice is Adrian, Sean and Mark are always there to keep us on the right track.

Thanks Adrian.....I hope I get in too.
I thought Adrian that once you get accepted for adsense and you have an account then you dont have to be accepted again for the next website.

Do they decide from site to site?

Randy

If I remember correctly I think you have to let them know you are going to place it on another site.... ask Mark to clarify :)
lunatunes
Trust:
Ok Mark...I'm asking...lol

Randy :)
tcampbell
Trust:
You may paste this code into any web page or website that complies with our program policies. Once the code is live on your site, relevant ads should appear within 48 hours.

This is straight from the adsense site, you can put it on any page you want.
lunatunes
Trust:
tcampbell wrote:This is straight from the adsense site, you can put it on any page you want.

Not just any page but it says "or website".

Thats cool :)

Randy
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Ok Mark...I'm asking...lol

Still want me to answer? :) You guys are too fast for me.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

lunatunes
Trust:
Not unless you have some other tips on making sure that you get accepted by adsense. I'm so nervous about it. I've spent so much time on my site plus the money I have spent on the articles.

Maybe when I'm ready to apply I could show you my site Mark and you could tell me if theres something you see that might affect being accepted :)

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I don't see why you woudln't get in.. but even if you don't there are plenty of other ways to monetize your site... there is the YPN and other things as well :)
PremiumMember
tarpon19
Trust:
You only need one quality site to get adsense, then you can use the same code for all of your sites. Google can turn your adsense application down. Hasn't happened to me but people I know.