Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Paypal sign up not as user friendly as Clickbank

wayfarer
Trust:

Paypal sign up not as user friendly as Clickbank

Hi mark,

I wanted to promote this site ,and realized you needed to have a paypal account but then I was met with problems due to a telephone number :(

It popped up a red box cited:

Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.

* Home Telephone: Please enter a valid telephone number.

I don't know but Paypal sign up is not userfriendly compared to clickbank, :evil:
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Don't worry, you won't receive calls in the night from paypal. They're a reputable company, so you don't have to worry :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

wayfarer
Trust:
Hi sean,

I did give them my tel no. but the phone format somehow does not fit their citeria, sad :(
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Ahh ok, you're from Singapore right? Is there a paypal singapore? Maybe there are nicer forms for you to fill out on that specific site.

I know theres a Paypal Australia, so check it out. If you still can't figure it out, just put a dodgy number in there :P
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Ahh ok, you're from Singapore right? Is there a paypal singapore? Maybe there are nicer forms for you to fill out on that specific site.

I know theres a Paypal Australia, so check it out. If you still can't figure it out, just put a dodgy number in there :P

I'm not sure a dodgy number would be a good idea.... you may get capped later on if they find out. Try emailing their tech support or phoning them and asking.... .if you do end up putting a phone number in.... just put Paypal's.
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
PayPal are very user friendly but their support is not too hot - probably because they are so big (part of eBay organisation).

The reason PayPal have outgrown everyone else is because of their security measures. They move fast on anything suspicious and go to extra lengths to establish their users ID. To get anyone to trade with you using PayPal you will need to be address verified and account verified.

They will deposit two amounts of a few cents into your bank account and you have to let them know how much, to prove it is your account.

You will be sent a letter in the mail with a code number and you have to log on and give then that code number back to prove your address. In the event of something suss, they will phone you, so the correct phone number is important. I am in Melbourne Australia and have received a phone call from PayPal when I reported a scammer on eBay.

The problem with PayPal is that once they think you are a bit suss, you are screwed for weeks or even months while they make their minds up.

You need to go through your local PayPal office and make sure the country you enter is correct. Add your phone number with no spaces. If that fails, are you adding (or should have added) an area code?
wayfarer
Trust:
Thanks for the advicebro,

Paypal support does not respond fast enough, I was told to call them to resolve the issues.

It's kind of a drag, you know that you have a old account with them but can't retrieve it, that's why you unable to open a new one,,,