Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Monthly Keyword Search Count for New Niche Site

PremiumMember
coolfeet
Trust:

Monthly Keyword Search Count for New Niche Site

I was listening to Mark Ling discuss on how to go after keywords for building a niche site. He said to go after keywords with at least 1500 monthly search volume. What about top end search volume? Should it be 50,000, 100,000? I don't want to end up in the bottom of Google's heap!

Thanks!

Mark
jeremylawson
Trust:
You're right! There are more factors that determine how good a niche and/or is. For example you might think 1,000,000 searches per month for a keyword is too tough. BUT if none of the sites are targeting the keyword you could have a chance of beating them in the search engine rankings!

We are developing a tool to help you determine whether a market is good or not. Whilst it isn't entirely complete, there is one part in particular that will help with what you're trying to do.

The tool is call Market Strength and you can find it here
https://www.affilorama.com/market-research-tools/market-strength

Keep an eye out for when it's completed. Until then, just use your best judgment in weighing up search count, and your potential to target the keyword.
hi guys!

syedirfan
Trust:
Hi everyone,

I joined only three days ago and aplogies if this question is in the wrong place.

Is there a place within affilorama where the meaning of the terminology used in the Market Strength software is explained? I looked for something and it returned as challenging, what does it mean? Are there any other words within this section which may come up on other tests etc so please let me have a full list if possible.

Thank you,
Syed
jpastorizo
Trust:
Syed,

Based on my experience I saw 4 types of level. They are:
Excellent
Good
Average
Challenging

Keywords marked as "Challenging" will need more SEO efforts from you to rank highly on the SERPs.
You have to use your judgment if you are to invest time and money to include those type of keywords in your link building campaign. The keywords are competitive because that is where the money is. Don't be afraid to meet these keywords head on and grab them by the horns! As long as you follow what the blueprint says and you experiment to discover more SEO techniques then you should experience success in ranking in the SERPs.

Good luck.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

This topic was started on Jun 28, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.