Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Making money with typosquatting?

danielist18
Trust:

Making money with typosquatting?

Hi,

I am doing research on my education websites and I'm contemplating on buying incorrect spelling domains and then showing Google ads on those misspelled domain names. I've learned that Google doesn't question these domains for advertising purposes, even when it's obvious what I am doing. What do you think about this? Do you have any websites I can look at?

THX.
Last edited by michellerana on 26 Oct 09 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

faradina
Trust:
Isn't that a blackhat technique? Affilorama does not recommend using blackhat techniques.
danielist18
Trust:
Hey,
Well...i dont know if is it B.H or not...
Anyway, i will see if I can make it happen, after all its money!
But as a for my question - i cant(or dont know)say wether is it B.H or not...
Personaly i prefer not doing it offfcourse.
jpastorizo
Trust:
What you can do a test on is instead of buying a misspelled domain name, you can optimize for misspelled keywords. So in your anchor texts maybe you can use some misspelled keywords that receives decent traffic from the SEs. =)

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

danielist18
Trust:
All right...thank you for the good idea!
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Typosquatting is illegal in the United States under the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act which was enacted in 1999.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Oct 22, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.