Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Link Cloaking & Commision Hijacking

kiwiboy
Trust:

Link Cloaking & Commision Hijacking

Hey everyone,

I have been writing lots of articles and doing ok at it, I am averaging 1000 clicks per week, i was getting good 1 to 2 sales a day for about 5 days, and then they stopped! I have been sending threw a .info redirect link rather than my own site at present... I have been doing a heap of reading on commission theft and the subject that kept coming up about was a parasite that steal commission? I played around and swaped the products I was advertising and get a couple of sales and then nudda again... can I cloak a link for redirecting? and do you guys have more on how commissions are stolen?

Thanks heaps Rob

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
It helps if you tell us how your site is set up.

Am I right in assuming that you're writing articles for article directories rather than for your own site? And you're placing links in these directories that send people to a .info address, which then redirects to the affiliate product through your affiliate link?

The first thing to do is check your various points of failure:

1) Perhaps your articles aren't appearing very highly in the search engines anymore. Perhaps they were initially picked up by a lot of other publishers and got you a lot of traffic at the start, but now they're old and not getting so much interest.

2) Check that your redirects are still working, and that they're still using your affiliate link.

I really don't see how a "parasite" can come in and steal commissions. Commission hijacking is just where people see that you're linking through an affiliate link, and think: "Hmmm... I could just put my own affiliate link in there..." and you don't get the commission. It's not an automated process.

I think it's much more likely that you're just not getting as much traffic through to these articles as you were before. You might have experienced a bit of a bump when you changed your products because it looked to the search engines like you'd updated your page and you got "freshness" points?

Since they're not hosted on your own site you can't watch the stats and see for sure.This is another good reason to build your own affiliate site, rather than relying on this "bum marketing" kind of tactic. (If that is, indeed, what you're doing....)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

kiwiboy
Trust:
Thanks for the answer Aletta..!

Yes it is that bum marketing tactic that I am using(
and i totally hear you about not havingmy own affiliate website... i am trying, but not doing! to great... my skills have been doing up old cars, and making quality stainless furniture, and catching fish for the whanau, and I am very slow on the take to the www creation...

However I do have some of my article strong at page 1 google and get soe good traffic to them, I average 50-100 url clicks to my affiliate link per day!
and growing...
I do know I would and will do better with my own site, but i was just wondering due to reading heaps about the parasite thing... Peple are claiming that Microsoft has developed a parasite to hover in to unproteced affiliate links, and I thought that was happening... perhaps I will chop and change with the products of similaraty and see what happens for now! maybe that will keep iving me fressness points...:)

kiwiboy
Trust:
oh, and making ginger crunch

jmunguia121
Trust:
Hey there Kiwiboy.

If it helps, I have a couple articles and blogs that rank very high in google and stay there. I found they do great not just because of the SEO, but also because of the RSS I place in there that is frequently updated every day.

I guess Google loves this freshness...

Exp: In my squidoo.com article I insert a module that lets you add RSS Feed and I choose the maximum-10- updated regularly.

To help avoid customer leakage to other sites through the RSS, I place this module at the end and find a way to move it ferther down at the bottom. This works well for me. Hope that helps.
They can take away everything, but they can't take away your dreams!

stacierunner
Trust:
That's a good tip, JMunguia121. I went and added some RSS feeds to my lenses.
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

maninagappan
Trust:
Hi Rob and Everyone,

Pls use the software http://www.thehiddenaffiliate.com/ Cloaking software which i am using to avoid affiliate commission stealing which happened to my clickbank site. Now i am happy my sales are not stolen.

Thanks
Mani Nagappan,
http://www.smartguide-to-newyork.com
maninagappan
Trust:
Hi Guys,

My Commission theft story..

I was earning more than $100 in commission per day using one of my product. Suddenly for a week the same products with same landing page was not making sales...No Commission for 7 days.

First thing what i did was send mail to affiliate manager asking ..if other people was making money in that particular product.
They said everything was ok from their side and people are making sales as usual.

Using my tracking software i found that from one place (ip address) my website is monitered for more than 10.5 Hours...what they are doing is running some software against my website which is stealing my commission.

Then i bought this thehiddenaffiliate software and cloaking all my links and created a php file which solved this problem. hi
guys if you have any queries on that send me mail...

Thanks,
Mani Nagappan
http://www.smartguide-to-newyork.com
alanben
Trust:
Hi everyone I am a little confused to how anyone can steal your commisions when you have your own domains and web sites and creating links within the site for example xsite pro which is what I use. When anyone clicks on that link it takes them to the product page and a cookie lands on there computer so I understand. How could a affiliate steal this link once they are on the product page? and why would link cloaking be necessary? Regarding article writing there is no affilate link in view only my domain for example www.learnspanishtips.net or www.looseweightsecrets.com would be in the resorce box.

Maybe I am missing something here. I would appreciate any comments
Alan
If you are looking to get your own products
www.alanbenney-workfromhome.co.uk

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Alan, this happens a lot more often in the IM world where customers know how affiliate links work. It's not going to happen so much in niches like learn Spanish, because most people won't even realise you're an affiliate.

I don't really understand what happened to Mani, never heard of it before.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

alanben
Trust:
Hi Sean thanks for your reply but what is the IM world mean?
alan
If you are looking to get your own products
www.alanbenney-workfromhome.co.uk

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Internet Marketing niche, affiliates for make money online sites
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

maninagappan
Trust:
Hi Guys,

This is basically adware, Spyware and parasiteware . These applications can overwrite any cookies on your computer. What they will do is replace your Affiliate Link Id and place their own Affiliate Link Id.

Don't Worry Much. It will not happen most of the time.

Thanks,
Mani Nagappan