Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

How does a business pay an affiliate for a sale?

dtodd84
Trust:

How does a business pay an affiliate for a sale?

Hi, I'm new to affiliate marketing, but I do have a decent understanding to how it works, but there's still one question that I have not been able to find the answer to. That is, how do you get a company or business to agree to pay you if their product sells because of your promotion for it? Do you have to contact them and agree to a contract? I have no clue of how this portion of the affiliate marketing works. Could someone help me better understand this?

Thanks,
Dave
PremiumMember
pfojas
Trust:
Affiliate marketing lets you get commissions made on sales of other products. Basically, Clickbank stores a cookie on the visitor’s computer to track the sales made from your site. You can check out www.clickbank.com to get more information on how you can earn from promoting other people's products.
faradina
Trust:
Hi Dave!

To get a company or business to agree to pay you if their product sells because of your promotion for it, you need to sign up as an affiliate and when you sign up as an affiliate there is an agreement that you and the other party enter into. The agreement stipulates what you get paid for, how much, when, and the method by which you get paid, among other things.

You can go to http://www.clickbank.com/help/affiliate-help/ for information about becoming a clickbank affiliate, and to http://www.clickbank.com/accounting.html for information on how your commisions as a clickbank affiliate will be paid.

Hope that helps :)
Last edited by ampie g on 27 Jan 10 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link

mortalengine
Trust:
Do you mean a company that does not have an affiliate program

If you are promoting a product then that company must have an affiliate program set up for you to join or you can contact them directly and make an arrangement this can be complicated if you are new to affiliate marketing

Rod

This topic was started on Jul 06, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.