Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Difference between Clickbank "popularity" and "gravity"

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:

Difference between Clickbank "popularity" and "gravity"

Something I was wondering about today is on Clickbank, you can search through programs sorted by "popularity" or by "high/low gravity". What's the difference between the "popularity" and the "high gravity"? methods of sorting?

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Gravity just refers to the number of active affiliates who are promoting the product. The popularity is a measure of... it's popularity!

Clickbank have their own algorithm for determining this. It has to do with number of sales, commission price, refund rate and gravity. At least that's how it looks to me, there could be more to it, but knowing Clickbank I'm sure it's quite simple :)

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Popularity could also have to do with how many affiliates have created hoplinks for this product but it's not always a good recommendation to follow - stick with looking at products that have a gravity of 30 or higher. The gravity is more of a reliable indicator that the product is actually selling! And that's what counts
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Jul 12, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.