Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Clickbank acounts

nates450r
Trust:

Clickbank acounts

hi everyone i have been hearing a lot about clickbank affiliates having more than one clickbank acount
most recently i heard mark (ling) has over 70 acounts. does that mean he has 1 website per acount? or does that mean he has 5 or so websites per clickbank acount??

does it mean that he has 70 different affiliate names??
example--- i have 3 active websites with all the same (affiliate name & and acount)

how can can you set up more than 1 acount with all the same name and address??

can someone explain this to me?? i have heard there are benefits to taxes also but i just dont understand it
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Nates,
I can not speak for Mark but I will assume he has alot of accounts to keep people guessing on what he is promoting or for tracking etc..There are always people watching what he does.. hey why wouldn't you..he is a genius..lol
Just my thoughts.
Oh... You can set up multiple accounts at clickbank... but I would at least get one account earning first before signing up for another one as they do have a policy about having to have 5 separate credit card number payments to get paid.
This minimizes the chance of people using their own Credit card for buying there own products for there first few purchases etc.. strange but true.

Regards
Troy
Last edited by wollowra on 10 May 09 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
ok i understand, but when you do this do you create all the accounts with the same info (name,address,email,bank acount number..etc.....) and just change the the affiliate name????? thats what i dont understand (EXAMPLE) my name is nathan click bank does'nt pick it up if i have 5 acounts with affiliate names like this.......
nathan1
nathan2
nathan3
nathan4
nathan5
if i had 5 acounts with the above (affiliate names) can i keep all the rest of the personal info the same??? (email,bank acount number, ....etc....)

sorry if its confusing but i know like(ebay) you cant set up 2 seperate acounts with the same email listed.
(does anyone know what im trying to ask LOL)
dee1beus3
Trust:
Hi Nathan,
I understand completly your confusion I have the same question going around and around in my head.If I find the answer today I will come back and let you know. Or maybe we will get clear on this by somebody soon.
I'm still trying to figure out when you use your real name or when you use a pen name or when you use a domain name etc.....
Danielle ( this is my real name ) (:
wollowra
Trust:
nates450r wrote:ok i understand, but when you do this do you create all the accounts with the same info (name,address,email,bank acount number..etc.....) and just change the the affiliate name????? thats what i dont understand (EXAMPLE) my name is nathan click bank does'nt pick it up if i have 5 acounts with affiliate names like this.......
nathan1
nathan2
nathan3
nathan4
nathan5
if i had 5 acounts with the above (affiliate names) can i keep all the rest of the personal info the same??? (email,bank acount number, ....etc....)

sorry if its confusing but i know like(ebay) you cant set up 2 seperate acounts with the same email listed.
(does anyone know what im trying to ask LOL)

Oh ok, I see..
It's seems to be common for both affiliates & vendors to have multiple accounts at clickbank.
You just use the same details and bank info but just have a different username.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
yes that helps a lot thank you
different username as in affiliate name right????
wollowra
Trust:
Yep :)

T

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
ok thank you
camffiti
Trust:
wollowra wrote:Hi Nates,
I can not speak for Mark but I will assume he has alot of accounts to keep people guessing on what he is promoting etc..There are always people watching what he does.. hey why wouldn't you..he is a genius..lol
Just my thoughts.
Oh... You can set up multiple accounts at clickbank... but I would at least get one account earning first before signing up for another one as they do have a policy about having to have 5 separate credit card number payments to get paid.
This minimizes the chance of people using their own Credit card for buying there own products for there first few purchases etc.. strange but true.

Regards
Troy

Coincidentally I was just reading an eBook that contained this -

Before getting paid you need to need to meet the Customer Distribution Requirement.

* Sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers and
* Sales made with two different payment methods (either Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal). Note: PayPal
purchases do not count toward the minimum 5 different credit card numbers.
What this means is - at the very best - you are going to NEED FIVE SALES BEFORE YOU GET PAID.

Accounts with a positive balance but no earnings for an extended period of time are considered dormant.

Dormant accounts are subject to a charge of $1 per pay period after 90 days of inactivity, $5 per pay period
after 180 days of inactivity, and $15 per pay period after 365 days of inactivity.
So you could hit lucky on your first day as an affiliate, earn a big commission ( the maximum possible is
$100) then wait and wait for at least 4 more sales before you can get hold of your earnings. Meanwhile after 3
months of no sales deductions begin chipping away at your account.
Are you then surprised why newbies struggling to make sales become disillusioned and start to quit ?
Over 90% of ClickBank affiliates are INACTIVE.

It all seems very OTT. Paypal doesn't count? They charge you for not making money?
I think I might give ClickBank a miss.
wollowra
Trust:
Although I think that Clickbank need to have their heads read for implementing this rediculous policy...
People need to think a bit bigger and above what their policy sais...
If you think you will not have a single sale in 3 mths or 6 mths then you really need to take a look at if affiliate marketing is for you or increase your knowledge to gain at least 1 sale per 3 mths.
But I know the point you are making...and I agree that their policy leaves much to be desired.

-- Robert Brault

serratedsnail
Trust:
To be a successful affiliate you do NOT need multiple accounts at all, the main reason you see "super affiliates" with more than one account is usually for tracking reasons. There is another reason for having more than one account but this dates back a couple years in Clickbanks terms & conditions or something
Kind Regards
Mark

camffiti
Trust:
wollowra wrote:Although I think that Clickbank need to have their heads read for implementing this rediculous policy...
People need to think a bit bigger and above what their policy sais...
If you think you will not have a single sale in 3 mths or 6 mths then you really need to take a look at if affiliate marketing is for you or increase your knowledge to gain at least 1 sale per 3 mths.
But I know the point you are making...and I agree that their policy leaves much to be desired.

Do they continue charging after your 'dormant' account hits $0 ? That would be shocking.

Dormant accounts are subject to a charge of $1 per pay period after 90 days of inactivity, $5 per pay period
after 180 days of inactivity, and $15 per pay period after 365 days of inactivity.
wollowra
Trust:
No, I don't think they do.
Only if your account is in the positive.
T

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on May 05, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.