Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Are Adsense and direct links best for content sites?

aidan834
Trust:

Are Adsense and direct links best for content sites?

Alright I'm off from work and have some time, I watched week 1 lessons again. from what i gather the 2 sites im working on now are both going to be content sites (possibly with a newsletter that will let them know when ther are important additions of info added.) on content sites I really wont have a need for a blog or anythiong will i???

I'm a total newb so bear with me. with content sites adsense and direct links to my affiliate partners are the way to go correct??

Mark gave me some good advise on one way linking saying i could write articles and submit them and if a site used my article i could get a link. sounds great. just curious if there are any specific guidlines for writting them. obviously the better its written the more likely chance of it being used, is there anywhere i can go to see some examples??

Alright just wanted to here what you all think of my 2 niches. keep in mind i choose these 2 because i am pretty educated in the both of them and already have content written for each of them i just need to get it in a site and published on the web.
1. free guitar lessons. i basically go over just the basics, ie strings tuning , major chords and thier relative minor, the a little theory with the 1 4 5 method and on to 5 and 6 string barre chords and some chord progessions to practice at th end I will have links to other affilates along with adsense on the page

2. 12 rules to a healthy diet. its basically a paper i wrote in college condensed down to just 12 easy to follow tips. then the same affiliate links and adsense.

Ok sorry i wrote so much but my time on a computer is limited i work 100hrs a week right now

Jeff
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Dude 100 hours a week? I'm surprised you have the energy to log on here. Yes you seem to be off on a good start. Visit articlemarketer.com for more info on writing articles or ezinearticles.com

Content sites are good for adsense yes, as well as affiliate programs. It looks like you have a good idea of what you want to do. Go slow and do things right, you will earn yourself some good small cash flow if you start out right, then you can build upon that.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
100 hours a week? Crazy stuff.

Both sites sound like good ideas. It could take you a while to get up to speed if you can't spend much time at the computer. There's a lot of watching material to get through. Remember to focus on building a list as well, it's like having your very own goldmine.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

lunatunes
Trust:
Could anyone give some examples of what a content site looks like as
opposed to an article site. I know that Mark's Hairstyle Site has been
called an article site but couldn't you call that a content site also. I'm
a little confused on the two.

Thanks,
Randy
Last edited by lunatunes on 08 Jan 07 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm not really sure if there is a difference. Hmm.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

lunatunes
Trust:
Thats kinda what I thought Sean.

There was a huge typo I just fixed in my last post. What I said didn't make sense...ooops!

Randy
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I knew what you meant ;)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
"Content site" is pretty much synonymous with "article site". I just use it to differentiate it from a hard-sell site, or a review site, for instance. A content site is there primarily to provide free information to the visitor. Of course your information doesn't necessarily need to be in the form of "articles" in the strict definition. Hence the more generic term "content".

Semantics! Sorry for the confusion.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive