Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Adsense - my revenue per click

nessa2shoes
Trust:

Adsense - my revenue per click

Hi guys,

Was wondering if the revenue one can expect from Adsense can change (even for the same keyword or phrase) according to your page rank or other popularity factors? I'm routinely getting paid 1c and 2c per click, which seems really low, especially because I get charged more than 10x that amount for Adwords for the same phrase. Is my revenue less because my site is relatively new with a poor page rank? Or should everyone be receiving the same payment per click for the same keyword?

Regards, Ness
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
It could be that people using the content network are only making a profit when their clicks are say, 5c. I know when I used to do a lot of adwords, if I ever used the content network, I bidded much lower than for google search.

Does that make sense?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
It is absolutely true that as your page rank increases with Google, you pay less per click for your ads and you get paid more per click by visitors to your site
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Is that something you've learnt from experience, or is that something you've read revimp?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

nessa2shoes
Trust:
Hi guys,

Not sure of the difference between the content network and Google search? Also - are others also receiving 1c or 2c per click, or does this seem abnormally low?

I guess if this is linked to page rank, I'll have to work harder to optimise my website!

Thanks and regards, Ness
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nessa2shoes wrote:Hi guys,

Not sure of the difference between the content network and Google search? Also - are others also receiving 1c or 2c per click, or does this seem abnormally low?

I guess if this is linked to page rank, I'll have to work harder to optimise my website!

Thanks and regards, Ness

Content network places your ad on people's websites as opposed to google search which is solely displayed on the search results.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I have read it but I also experienced it. I have a site which is now a page 3 rank and I had 2-5 cent clicks and now they are sometimes a dollar or more.I attribute that directly to the relevancy factor in Google eyes. Am I wrong? Coincidence?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I have no idea. Perhaps it is Google's way of sorting out all the crap adsense sites, I really don't know.

Google is capable of just about anything.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I don't think it's a case of Google penalizing your site by paying you less for each ad. I think it's possible that they're looking at the quality score of your site and not giving you the high paying ads. Instead they might be giving you lower paying ads or newer experimental ads that haven't been seen to be successful yet.

When I say "quality score" it's not just talking about your pagerank. It's also about your site's age, whether it's well siloed or not, the relevance of your material, whether you're using latent semantics to bump up the relevance, the quality/relevance of your inbound and outbound links, whether there are any trust sites or .edu sites linking to you... etc.

As others have said, you'll also find cost per click for content match to be lower than for search match. It's less targeted, and advertisers can bid lower for these. It's also possible that the ads you're attracting with your content are naturally low-paying ads.

My advice would be to work on making yourself look good to Google and see if it picks up. Also check that your topic looks profitable.

Hope it picks up!
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

nessa2shoes
Trust:
Thanks Mark, Adrian and Sean.

Coincidentally, this morning when I checked my Adwords performance, I found that I was suddenly receiving 20-25 cents per click (as opposed to 1 or 2 cents), without having changed my code at all.

My site's very new, but is routinely receiving around 10 clicks per day, so maybe I've passed some magic threshold that triggers Google to place higher-paying ads on my site?

Page rank is still 0, however, so I've got a long way to go!

Regards, Ness
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Was it your adwords or adsense that went up? You want to make sure you know which is which :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

nessa2shoes
Trust:
Yikes! Was Adsense! Haven't dabbled in Adwords yet. I'm going to aim for $10-15 per day through SEO efforts, and then give it a go!

Thanks Sean!

Ness
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats great. Just wanted to make sure. I spoke to a guy once who got confused and wondered why google were demanding money off him for adsense....
www.SixDayWeekend.com

nessa2shoes
Trust:
OK, now I'm confused! Just checked my revenue again this morning, and I'm back to 2c per click for exactly the same Adsense channel that was receiving 23c per click yesterday!

Geez!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats a bit weird, maybe there's a huge difference between some of the ads on your page. I don't know what else it could be.
www.SixDayWeekend.com