Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How long did it take before you earned your first USD$100?

ixon5
Trust:

How long did it take before you earned your first USD$100?

after completing affiloblueprint, how long did it take you guys to hit the 100 dolars, say if i do an average of three-four hours a day, what would be a realistic expectation as far as time goes to be making 100 a day
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
It depends on a lot of different things, such as:

Are you relying more on SEO or paid advertising?
What is the search volume of your keywords?
What is the competition of your keywords?
What is the traffic volume on your website?
What products are you promoting?
How targeted are the products you are promoting to the keywords?
Are you building a list?
If so, how often are you mailing?
What is the price point of the products you are promoting?
What is the affiliate commission of the products you are promoting?
What is the conversion rate of the products you are promoting?

...Just to name a few.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
For me, it took about a year to reach $100 per day.

There are a lot of reasons for that, like not focusing exclusively on winning niches, not building an email list, not using paid advertising, etc.

If I had to do it again, I imagine it would take me 1-3 months.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

ixon5
Trust:
so your saying that now since you are more experienced, you can make that amount a lot faster than before with the same niche that you started with, or are u saying that due to changing you niche to a winning niche, using an email list and paid advertising, that, that was what made all the difference
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
What makes the difference is picking a niche that you can succeed in. Just because everyone else is making a lot of money in weight loss, doesn't mean you will if you cannot focus your message to resonate with people who want to lose weight, as an example.

Find a niche that works for you. When you find it, keep focusing on that niche... Do not go out and build more websites in other niches until you have completely maxed out that niche. That is my personal advice.

If I had to start over this is what I would have:
- a squeeze page.
- a newsletter that goes out every day.
- paid advertising

That's it.

Everything else is "nice to have" stuff that isn't fundamentally necessary.

For example, do you NEED search engine traffic? The answer is no. And if you are impatient, like me and don't want to put up with the fluctuating Google algorithm changes, then SEO is probably not the best approach for you.

Should you put affiliate links on your website? I did for a long time and made good money from it. But these days, I would rather have an email list and send them emails with links to products. By building a list you can market to people multiple times rather than just hoping that they click on a link once.

I am not saying that this is what YOU need to do. I'm just saying that it is what I needed to do.

Maybe you are an SEO genius. If that is the case, you should be focusing on SEO.

Maybe you are best with social media. If that is the case, that's where you should focus.

All I am saying is this is what has worked for me.

When it comes down to it though, I think it is all about focus. If you can focus on a specific niche and a specific traffic source and master them, you will be better off than trying to dabble in multiple ones.

Hope this helps.
Clayton

ixon5
Trust:
ok thanks, that was highly informative and helpful
joeycali13
Trust:
hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.
cecille.l
Trust:
joeycali13 wrote:hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.

Hi Joey,

Welcome to Affiloblueprint!

The best piece of advice I can give you is to follow the course through until the very end. Maintain your focus and do your best not to get sidetracked by new programs or products. I noticed that this is where most new affiliate marketers fail. They keep going after the newest shiny thing and this is bad for both their site and their finances.

Now that you've decided on a course, stick with it, complete it and do your best to make it work before investing on another product/program.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

joeycali13
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:
joeycali13 wrote:hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.

Hi Joey,

The best piece of advice I can give you is to follow the course through until the very end. Maintain your focus and do your best not to get sidetracked by new programs or products. I noticed that this is where most new affiliate marketers fail. They keep going after the newest shiny thing and this is bad for both their site and their finances.

Now that you've decided on a course, stick with it, complete it and do your best to make it work before investing on another product/program.

Hey thank you! Im super excited everyday i work hard study hard try to learn and learn well! I got affiloblueprint because i saw this program was the most trusted and worked well for everyone. So far im loving it. Thank you
shubhranshub
Trust:
Hi,I am Shubhranshu completely new to this Industry,I don't know how all the things fit together to create a successful web business.I know this industry is full of misguidance and misinformation.But there are few genuine and honest expert teaches honestly.I am new to affilorama. I am not join yet,Now I am learning few free stuffs and impressed.There are few products.Could anybody tell me about affilojetpack.How powerful these,any upsell after purchasing.Could I make some money through affilojetpack that I go forward in my online journey.
tankctrlr
Trust:

Went through an audio only course that taught SEO, then spent all my time in forums while learning as I went, building and ranking AdSense sites. The name I used in forums was OutRankedYa, it was like a game to me I guess, actually it still is lol.

A tip would be to ask questions in forums, ask development questions in forums where the coders are, ask marketing questions where the marketers are etc etc.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

donistb
Trust:
Hello all! Just started and looking forward building a great list and an awesome income stream.
Donis Tejada-

borry
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:

Hi Joey,

Cecille

What you say about sticking to the course is so true. Chasing the next, biggest, shiny object was my biggest mistake. I had signed up to so many lists and as a result had wasted so much money on "the next big thing" promising this and that etc... I eventually unsubscribed from every list with the exception of Mark Ling's list and another internet marketer, who I had purchased a membership from about 5 years ago. These are the only 2 marketers I trust and follow now and it's been so much easier. I eventually managed to get 2 websites up, (or should I say very basic squeeze pages only - in niches that I am passionate about) but my issue now is one of traffic.
I've been looking at forms of free traffic but the more I read on forums, the more it seems as though I am wasting my time going this route and that I should rather pay for traffic. My concern is that because my squeeze pages are very basic, I can't go the keyword or content rich route. So, how does one go about driving traffic to basic squeeze pages? I came across a website today called buy-traffic......ever heard of them? I don't want to end up being scammed again. Traffic has been one important factor that I have seemed to shy away from so far.....probably because I don't know much about it and I'm therefore "afraid" of doing the wrong thing?
Some advice would be most appreciated.
tankctrlr
Trust:
Hi Borry, maybe you should start a new thread and ask your question there you'll get a better response if you start your own, also remember that on weekdays you'll get a better response as well. ;-)

Andrew
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

borry
Trust:
Hi Andrew

Thanks so much. I'll do that.

Belinda
thejewel
Trust:
cterao wrote:What makes the difference is picking a niche that you can succeed in. Just because everyone else is making a lot of money in weight loss, doesn't mean you will if you cannot focus your message to resonate with people who want to lose weight, as an example.

Find a niche that works for you. When you find it, keep focusing on that niche... Do not go out and build more websites in other niches until you have completely maxed out that niche. That is my personal advice.

- a squeeze page.
- paid advertising

That's it.

For example, do you NEED search engine traffic? The answer is no. And if you are impatient, like me and don't want to put up with the fluctuating Google algorithm changes, then SEO is probably not the best approach for you.

Should you put affiliate links on your website? I did for a long time and made good money from it. But these days, I would rather have an email list and send them emails with links to products. By building a list you can market to people multiple times rather than just hoping that they click on a link once.

I am not saying that this is what YOU need to do. I'm just saying that it is what I needed to do.

Maybe you are an SEO genius. If that is the case, you should be focusing on SEO.

Maybe you are best with social media. If that is the case, that's where you should focus.

When it comes down to it though, I think it is all about focus. If you can focus on a specific niche and a specific traffic source and master them, you will be better off than trying to dabble in multiple ones.

Hope this helps.

Regarding niche, do you recommend following the top profitable niches list even if you don't know anything about it, or still choose something you're comfortable with? Which one (top niche list or passion niche) would earn for you faster now that you know the ins and out of the industry?
dosnos
Trust:

http://trackyourincome.com/dosnos
EARN MONEY ON LINE

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
It took one year for me to earn my first $100. Of course I did not rely much on paid advertising.
brad9
Trust:
thejewel wrote:
cterao wrote:What makes the difference is picking a niche that you can succeed in. Just because everyone else is making a lot of money in weight loss, doesn't mean you will if you cannot focus your message to resonate with people who want to lose weight, as an example.

- a squeeze page.
- paid advertising

That's it.

Hope this helps.

Regarding niche, do you recommend following the top profitable niches list even if you don't know anything about it, or still choose something you're comfortable with? Which one (top niche list or passion niche) would earn for you faster now that you know the ins and out of the industry?

I'd recommend niche that you're passionate about. Not only will your content be better, you'll stick with it longer because you enjoy the area that you're working in. Research/development will not be as burdensome. I'm not sure that I would like to promote anything at all in life that I wasn't passionate about...or eventually it will come through in your work. Just my 2 cents. Either way, it will take a while to profit if one is just starting out...so you might as well make it interesting along the way!
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

simran.kaur14
Trust:
I am just started learning affiloblueprint...........
Hope to earn good money by learning and my efforts.
saikatbanerjee24
Trust:
kallayprasanth05 wrote:It took one year for me to earn my first $100. Of course I did not rely much on paid advertising.

Hi Prashant

I would liketo connect with you regarding your experience with Affiliate marketing. Could you please share your skype/email id?

Regards
Saikat
isloooboy
Trust:
Traffic is the key to sell anything online or even get paid from Google adsense. If all of us miss this single link from hundreds of other links than we are doing nothing but wasting our time.

If you are promoting your squeez page than you don't need organic traffic just join some good traffic exchange sites if looking for free source and visit sites of other people and they will visit yours and there is a chance of 10% you will get some leads as well.
OR
Blast through a goood reputed mailing service by paying a little money to them and you will get some leads (Signups) from that paid service whome you can send your affiliate products links.

Third is use some good PPC traffic service to grab some results.

Now a Day Waboola, taboola stuff is working really good use them but always create some stunning headlines as your titles which have the power to grab clicks from the visitors otherwise the whole world for you seems to be ad blinders who never clicks on any add.

I hope my this little tipping reply will help you.
reolink affiliate
Trust:
We are having a affiliate program,

and the qualified affiliates usually earn their $100 in one week.

but sometimes it takes longer.
Join our affiliate program, commission up to 20%:

http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=65309

Official website:

https://reolink.com/

antwerp203
Trust:
If I were to consider my affiliate career in making money online, I would say about a month! But when I started using another tool (offerwall) after signing up with a better affiliate company, the turnout prove to be even faster as I able to earn 100 bucks in just a week!:)

That's why I stick with my affiliate partner until now as they've done nothing but helped me reach my success!:)
Get to know more on how to effectively earn money through affiliate marketing here:

http://bit.ly/2EPitwC

kinni
Trust:
You can start earning without spending also; it depends on your knowledge, passion- it takes time. Once you start earning you can spend on its necessity; where it is needed. Niche selection is important. Find out from you what attracts you. Find out your interest. Affilorama is an extremely good place to learn. Many valuable things it teaches free of cost. Very good, very dedicated staff.Some starts earning early, for others it may take time. It does not matter. What matter is; staying alert- Just Play...
Ashok Sinha

lisa.daniela
Trust:
it's all about the offers you are promoting
good offers and high payouts will get you $$$
good offers but with low payouts that require huge volumes of traffic in order to convert and make a few dollars don't worth the energy
good offers with high payouts are the key
mamakass72
Trust:
Hi-
I thought that I had been promoting some products from this company - Although I haven't checked on my marketing for quite some time I thought I was listed to promote a few products but when I go to my profile I can't find anything - Any ideas on how to figure out if and what I am promoting?
Thank you in Advance-
Mamakass72
KWThweatt
Command, control, cash in...
http://www.tecommandpost.com/?referer=mamakass72

cashline
Trust:
Yes, I agree with Lisa its all about what niche you are promoting. Thanks for all the good advice.
Join our avdertising platform>>http://www.cpalead.com/get-started.php?ref=563719

wanhiterav
Trust:
I am just started learning...
Hope to earn good money by learning and my efforts.
Before that I tried to make money in game betting. Now settled down, max - free games (eg Link removed by moderator and other)
incomepattern.com
Trust:
As was pointed by some of the previous commentators, sticking with a niche you're familiar with is the key to success.

Also focusing on a few affiliate products helps a lot. Because when your audience is presented with more than 3 choices (in our case - affiliate products) they'll have hard time deciding which one to choose.

That is related to human psychology. Human mind likes having fewer choices when it comes to taking a decision.

Another advice for affiliate starters - keep your tools minimal in the beginning. The most basic tools which you need are

1) Landing page with opt-in form;
2) Email marketing tool;
3) Paid advertising to drive targeted traffic to your landing page.

That way you'll get started fast.
Affiliate Marketing for Starters - Learn how to get your online cash flow: https://incomepattern.com

profitdonkey
Trust:
borry wrote:
...my issue now is one of traffic.
I've been looking at forms of free traffic but the more I read on forums, the more it seems as though I am wasting my time going this route and that I should rather pay for traffic. My concern is that because my squeeze pages are very basic, I can't go the keyword or content rich route. So, how does one go about driving traffic to basic squeeze pages?

I appreciate you've already been pointed elsewhere with this question, but it's a very pertinent point that the very first thing anyone in online marketing should learn about (and this isn't a pop at you personally) is how to attract traffic. You can have the best website, the best product, the most profitable niche, whatever - if you don't know how to drive traffic to your website then you won't make anything.

For the purpose of getting eyes on a content-free landing page, sure, buying traffic is probably your best bet. But this comes with all it's own pitfalls. Do as much research as you can on companies that sell traffic (there are resources readily available that aren't difficult to find, you have to go and find them). Read the feedback of people who have worked with them (and take everything with a pinch of salt - just as it is easy to spot a glowing review that is clearly paid, it is also possible that competitors will pay for negative reviews). Buy a 1000 views and see what kind of traffic each company sends - there are many ways of spotting if it is bot traffic (such as the heat-map function in various analytics programs) or the location of where the traffic is coming from.

The point is, do the research first. Everyone always jumps up and shouts about "just taking action" but a battle fought without intelligence is a battle that you will likely lose.
We are offering an affiliate program: https://goo.gl/fHGvwS

brieanne30
Trust:
incomepattern.com wrote:As was pointed by some of the previous commentators, sticking with a niche you're familiar with is the key to success.

Also focusing on a few affiliate products helps a lot. Because when your audience is presented with more than 3 choices (in our case - affiliate products) they'll have hard time deciding which one to choose.

That is related to human psychology. Human mind likes having fewer choices when it comes to taking a decision.

Another advice for affiliate starters - keep your tools minimal in the beginning. The most basic tools which you need are

1) Landing page with opt-in form;
2) Email marketing tool;
3) Paid advertising to drive targeted traffic to your landing page.

That way you'll get started fast.

Sorry for butting in or if i Am butting in. lol
But i am still a little confused on the actual difference between a landing page and a squeeze page.
Lets say i have a Website/the core 'juice' of my buisness, where All 6 of the affiliate products i promote are listed. I place am Add on a social media site which offers a Free gift for entering their email. Now That would b the OptIn form, correct? And then once they enter their email address, they are taken to the SQUEEZE page where they are able to click on the button to download their free gift. Or is that considered the Landing page?
Either way, how do they end up getting redirected to my Website where the products im actually Selling/promoting are?
Oviously im new here.. Thank you.
cecille.l
Trust:
brieanne30 wrote:Sorry for butting in or if i Am butting in. lol
But i am still a little confused on the actual difference between a landing page and a squeeze page.
Lets say i have a Website/the core 'juice' of my buisness, where All 6 of the affiliate products i promote are listed. I place am Add on a social media site which offers a Free gift for entering their email. Now That would b the OptIn form, correct? And then once they enter their email address, they are taken to the SQUEEZE page where they are able to click on the button to download their free gift. Or is that considered the Landing page?
Either way, how do they end up getting redirected to my Website where the products im actually Selling/promoting are?
Oviously im new here.. Thank you.

The opt-in form (where users/visitors put in their name and email address) is part of the squeeze page. The squeeze page is where users/visitors sign up to get your freebie. From there, they can be directed to your website, from your Facebook ad, you can direct the users to the squeeze page that is on your website.

The landing page works the same, but the difference between it and squeeze pages are that landing pages don't necessarily have opt-in forms. Landing pages can be any page on your website where users who click on your ads are directed to (Hence, from the ad they "land" on a page on your website).

Hope that helps. All the best!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

root123
Trust:
Thanks for sharing this informative stuff.First thing is experience ,and it take some time ,i am also working to earn my first 100$ as soon as possible.
swillsbiz
Trust:
A good question...
I have been active with websites for a few years and have not made much directly from the sites; however I have taken some of the information and its taught me a bit... it's helped with my website as a mortgage broker.
I have a a couple of sites;
My site as a http://northwestmortgages.co.nz/ - and that gets me quite a bit of business.
I then introduced a site focused on https://newbuildfinance.co.nz/ and that has proven good too.

So that is another way to earn from what we learn...
kkryptonic
Trust:

- a squeeze page.
- paid advertising

That's it.

Hope this helps.

You've made my day with this advise. Too bad I can't stick it on my desk. I agree with you with the fluctuating algorithms part. I'm currently using SEO and each time my Google ranking for my blog keeps jumping all over the place. It's ridiculous.
Let me help you diagnose your laptop's aches and pains.

jenniferstjohn
Trust:
You may start earning without spending too; it is dependent upon your knowledge, fire - it takes some time. When you get started making you can spend on its requirement; where it's needed. Niche selection is vital. Figure out what attracts you. Learn your interest. Affilorama is a very good place to learn. Many valuable things it instructs free of cost. Very good, very devoted staff.Some starts earning early, for many others it may take some time. It does not matter. What matter is; staying alert- Just Play...
uperald
Trust:
Well, the answers to this question will be very different, because you are asking people with the different background, experience and goals. So it may be a very bad idea to try on somebody’s experience. Just relax and enjoy the process. I believe you can make it if other did, no matter how long it will take.
untheri
Trust:

- a squeeze page.
- paid advertising

That's it.

Hope this helps.

Verry good points Mr. Cterao.Thanks for sharing. This post is verry useful especially to newbies.The time taken to earn the first 100 dollars depends on an individual's affiliates marketting skills and the source of traffic. It is therefore important for an affiliate to identify and employ the right marketing strategies.
dubeyrohini5
Trust:
This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention.
moderator removed link
Last edited by maryt on 07 Mar 19 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: promotional

llum44
Trust:
It takes different people different periods of time to earn, depending on the marketing strategies you use and the products you sell. Just like other businesses, every individual marketer progresses at a different speed due to internal and external factors. What really matters is identifying your audience and knowing what they want
swordseeker
Trust:
Different people take different periods of time to progress to some level successfully. Your agressiveness and determination can make you earn a lot as a newbie, compared to someone who has been an affiliate for years but is sluggish and less agressive. Competition is healthy for success, but too much comparison to others can hurt your ego, make you over-confident or limit your potential
maulkis
Trust:
Earning money as an affiliate marketer is very easy, so long as you master a strategy that you can use to get traffic. Identify your niche and target audience. You can then decide what exactly you want to do with your management skills. You can make as much as you want for a start, youly
gurumedia
Trust:
It can be dependent on so many things that no one here would be able to give you a straight answer... I've seen people start earning in a week period and also others that have earned their first commissions after 6 months time or even longer. In general the more you are truly dedicated to this and the more you want it and if you are able to put action into it, the faster it will happen for you.
GuruMedia Ltd Int enables you to convert 4% more compared to ANY other affiliate network! Now accepting new or super affiliates

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GuruMediaCom/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGuruMedia
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/guru-media-int.-ltd./about/

lawrence.ballenger23
Trust:
Hey Guys,

My name is Lawrence and I'm totally new to becoming an affiliate. I love fitness and fashion and I currently on use IG so I was thinking about making a blog and using my youtube to push more sales. What do you guys think?

I also signed up for 2 different affiliate programs and I would love to hear what you guys think.

The first one is Bodybuilding.com they use impact and I get 8-10% commission for supplements I push. The other is Tiege Hanley they use Refersion and give you 10% commission on the first six purchases made by every customer you bring in.

What do you guys think
alexenderthomas55
Trust:
Making money online is a really easy way to get started with your financial ... When someone purchases the item from eBay, you take home a nice small profit. Street analysts predict it will be the first business valued at over a trillion dollars
holisticbodyworx
Trust:
For Me Making 100$ in 1 day by doing Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service.
essaypro.com
Trust:
It always depends
Some affiliate program allows you to earn from first day without much efforts
Other need you to do huge work before you even start promoting a product.
hannamontana
Trust:
I'm working as a remote web developer. I Guess I could earn $100 in a couple of hours of my work. Check how much does a website cost:
https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/cost-to-build-a-website
web and mobile development: https://www.cleveroad.com

avristamm
Trust:
hannamontana wrote:I'm working as a remote web developer. I Guess I could earn $100 in a couple of hours of my work. Check how much does a website cost:
https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/cost-to-build-a-website

To be honest, it looks like an advertisement taking into account your signature and your link in your post
Armorica - e-commerce affiliate network https://armorica.network/

seofreetips
Trust:
It takes me 150 days to make my first dollar online in DEC 2016.

But After that, I never looked behind and right now I am able to make over $2500+ per month.
Check out 7 Tools I Used for Running 6 Figure Business
https://nekraj.com/tools/

sohaibsiddiqui045
Trust:
I join fiver in 2018 and make a new gig. I didn't get any order, then I got a order after a year.
david.w
Trust:
It took me a while before I made my first $100 in affiliate marketing.

It wasn't actually on clickbank, it was with ebay partner program. I built a large social media following within the 4WDING niche and started providing value and suggesting product to solve problems.

This ended up earning me around 150 in the first month. Then around 3-500 a month thereafter. But the time invested vs the cash was too slow for me. So the digital, higher margins on clickbank have a much higher appeal.

The only real success I have had with clickbank is through ranking websites. I've dabbled in paid traffic to no avail. I suppose the long term game pays off.

I have since got into dropshipping which has been very lucrative.
David W
Affiliate + Dropshipper
https://udimi.com/a/hszib

rcoleman
Trust:
Everyone has a different journey when it comes to earning their first $100. But one thing remains constant: the need to stay competitive. That's where Priceva's Competitor Price Tracking & Monitoring software comes in. With automated tracking and price change notifications, a single interface to manage all metrics, and comprehensive analytics to identify market opportunities, Priceva has your back. Their AI-based repricing tool creates the perfect strategy for your success. So, whether it took you days, weeks, or months to earn your first $100, Priceva can help you stay ahead of the game. Discover the possibilities at https://priceva.com/.
kaayadsiuza
Trust:
Great post. This is really good. Thanks for sharing this information. Keep sharing.