Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How long did it take before you earned your first USD$100?

ixon5
Posts: 15
Joined: 07 Feb 14
Trust:

How long did it take before you earned your first USD$100?

after completing affiloblueprint, how long did it take you guys to hit the 100 dolars, say if i do an average of three-four hours a day, what would be a realistic expectation as far as time goes to be making 100 a day
  • 1
PremiumMember
cterao
Posts: 939
Joined: 18 Aug 09
Trust:
It depends on a lot of different things, such as:

Are you relying more on SEO or paid advertising?
What is the search volume of your keywords?
What is the competition of your keywords?
What is the traffic volume on your website?
What products are you promoting?
How targeted are the products you are promoting to the keywords?
Are you building a list?
If so, how often are you mailing?
What is the price point of the products you are promoting?
What is the affiliate commission of the products you are promoting?
What is the conversion rate of the products you are promoting?

...Just to name a few.

Hope this helps.
  • 7
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/
 
PremiumMember
cterao
Posts: 939
Joined: 18 Aug 09
Trust:
For me, it took about a year to reach $100 per day.

There are a lot of reasons for that, like not focusing exclusively on winning niches, not building an email list, not using paid advertising, etc.

If I had to do it again, I imagine it would take me 1-3 months.

Hope this helps.
  • 4
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/
 
ixon5
Posts: 15
Joined: 07 Feb 14
Trust:
so your saying that now since you are more experienced, you can make that amount a lot faster than before with the same niche that you started with, or are u saying that due to changing you niche to a winning niche, using an email list and paid advertising, that, that was what made all the difference
  • 0
PremiumMember
cterao
Posts: 939
Joined: 18 Aug 09
Trust:
What makes the difference is picking a niche that you can succeed in. Just because everyone else is making a lot of money in weight loss, doesn't mean you will if you cannot focus your message to resonate with people who want to lose weight, as an example.

Find a niche that works for you. When you find it, keep focusing on that niche... Do not go out and build more websites in other niches until you have completely maxed out that niche. That is my personal advice.

If I had to start over this is what I would have:
- a squeeze page.
- a newsletter that goes out every day.
- paid advertising

That's it.

Everything else is "nice to have" stuff that isn't fundamentally necessary.

For example, do you NEED search engine traffic? The answer is no. And if you are impatient, like me and don't want to put up with the fluctuating Google algorithm changes, then SEO is probably not the best approach for you.

Should you put affiliate links on your website? I did for a long time and made good money from it. But these days, I would rather have an email list and send them emails with links to products. By building a list you can market to people multiple times rather than just hoping that they click on a link once.

I am not saying that this is what YOU need to do. I'm just saying that it is what I needed to do.

Maybe you are an SEO genius. If that is the case, you should be focusing on SEO.

Maybe you are best with social media. If that is the case, that's where you should focus.

All I am saying is this is what has worked for me.

When it comes down to it though, I think it is all about focus. If you can focus on a specific niche and a specific traffic source and master them, you will be better off than trying to dabble in multiple ones.

Hope this helps.
  • 11
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/
 
ixon5
Posts: 15
Joined: 07 Feb 14
Trust:
ok thanks, that was highly informative and helpful
  • 2
joeycali13
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Jan 14
Trust:
hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.
  • 0
Site Admin
cecille.l
Posts: 6885
Joined: 25 Feb 11
Trust:
joeycali13 wrote:hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.


Hi Joey,

Welcome to Affiloblueprint!

The best piece of advice I can give you is to follow the course through until the very end. Maintain your focus and do your best not to get sidetracked by new programs or products. I noticed that this is where most new affiliate marketers fail. They keep going after the newest shiny thing and this is bad for both their site and their finances.

Now that you've decided on a course, stick with it, complete it and do your best to make it work before investing on another product/program.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
  • 3
Cecille


Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint


Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus
 
joeycali13
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Jan 14
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:
joeycali13 wrote:hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.


Hi Joey,

Welcome to Affiloblueprint!

The best piece of advice I can give you is to follow the course through until the very end. Maintain your focus and do your best not to get sidetracked by new programs or products. I noticed that this is where most new affiliate marketers fail. They keep going after the newest shiny thing and this is bad for both their site and their finances.

Now that you've decided on a course, stick with it, complete it and do your best to make it work before investing on another product/program.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

Hey thank you! Im super excited everyday i work hard study hard try to learn and learn well! I got affiloblueprint because i saw this program was the most trusted and worked well for everyone. So far im loving it. Thank you
  • 1
shubhranshub
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Mar 14
Trust:
Hi,I am Shubhranshu completely new to this Industry,I don't know how all the things fit together to create a successful web business.I know this industry is full of misguidance and misinformation.But there are few genuine and honest expert teaches honestly.I am new to affilorama. I am not join yet,Now I am learning few free stuffs and impressed.There are few products.Could anybody tell me about affilojetpack.How powerful these,any upsell after purchasing.Could I make some money through affilojetpack that I go forward in my online journey.
  • 0
tankctrlr
Posts: 263
Joined: 16 Oct 09
Trust:
joeycali13 wrote:hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.


Went through an audio only course that taught SEO, then spent all my time in forums while learning as I went, building and ranking AdSense sites. The name I used in forums was OutRankedYa, it was like a game to me I guess, actually it still is lol.

A tip would be to ask questions in forums, ask development questions in forums where the coders are, ask marketing questions where the marketers are etc etc.
  • 1
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com
 
donistb
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Apr 14
Trust:
Hello all! Just started and looking forward building a great list and an awesome income stream.
  • 3
Donis Tejada-
 
borry
Posts: 24
Joined: 17 Sep 10
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:
joeycali13 wrote:hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.


Hi Joey,

Welcome to Affiloblueprint!

The best piece of advice I can give you is to follow the course through until the very end. Maintain your focus and do your best not to get sidetracked by new programs or products. I noticed that this is where most new affiliate marketers fail. They keep going after the newest shiny thing and this is bad for both their site and their finances.

Now that you've decided on a course, stick with it, complete it and do your best to make it work before investing on another product/program.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!


Cecille

What you say about sticking to the course is so true. Chasing the next, biggest, shiny object was my biggest mistake. I had signed up to so many lists and as a result had wasted so much money on "the next big thing" promising this and that etc... I eventually unsubscribed from every list with the exception of Mark Ling's list and another internet marketer, who I had purchased a membership from about 5 years ago. These are the only 2 marketers I trust and follow now and it's been so much easier. I eventually managed to get 2 websites up, (or should I say very basic squeeze pages only - in niches that I am passionate about) but my issue now is one of traffic.
I've been looking at forms of free traffic but the more I read on forums, the more it seems as though I am wasting my time going this route and that I should rather pay for traffic. My concern is that because my squeeze pages are very basic, I can't go the keyword or content rich route. So, how does one go about driving traffic to basic squeeze pages? I came across a website today called buy-traffic......ever heard of them? I don't want to end up being scammed again. Traffic has been one important factor that I have seemed to shy away from so far.....probably because I don't know much about it and I'm therefore "afraid" of doing the wrong thing?
Some advice would be most appreciated.
  • 1
tankctrlr
Posts: 263
Joined: 16 Oct 09
Trust:
Hi Borry, maybe you should start a new thread and ask your question there you'll get a better response if you start your own, also remember that on weekdays you'll get a better response as well. ;-)

Andrew
  • 0
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com
 
borry
Posts: 24
Joined: 17 Sep 10
Trust:
Hi Andrew

Thanks so much. I'll do that.

Belinda
  • 0
thejewel
Posts: 52
Joined: 22 Apr 14
Trust:
cterao wrote:What makes the difference is picking a niche that you can succeed in. Just because everyone else is making a lot of money in weight loss, doesn't mean you will if you cannot focus your message to resonate with people who want to lose weight, as an example.

Find a niche that works for you. When you find it, keep focusing on that niche... Do not go out and build more websites in other niches until you have completely maxed out that niche. That is my personal advice.

If I had to start over this is what I would have:
- a squeeze page.
- a newsletter that goes out every day.
- paid advertising

That's it.

Everything else is "nice to have" stuff that isn't fundamentally necessary.

For example, do you NEED search engine traffic? The answer is no. And if you are impatient, like me and don't want to put up with the fluctuating Google algorithm changes, then SEO is probably not the best approach for you.

Should you put affiliate links on your website? I did for a long time and made good money from it. But these days, I would rather have an email list and send them emails with links to products. By building a list you can market to people multiple times rather than just hoping that they click on a link once.

I am not saying that this is what YOU need to do. I'm just saying that it is what I needed to do.

Maybe you are an SEO genius. If that is the case, you should be focusing on SEO.

Maybe you are best with social media. If that is the case, that's where you should focus.

All I am saying is this is what has worked for me.

When it comes down to it though, I think it is all about focus. If you can focus on a specific niche and a specific traffic source and master them, you will be better off than trying to dabble in multiple ones.

Hope this helps.


Regarding niche, do you recommend following the top profitable niches list even if you don't know anything about it, or still choose something you're comfortable with? Which one (top niche list or passion niche) would earn for you faster now that you know the ins and out of the industry?
  • 1
dosnos
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 May 14
Trust:
joeycali13 wrote:hey guys i just started out about 3 days ago very new to this affiliate marketing business..i had got affiloblueprint to start off and learn the business but i was just wondering how did you guys start learning the business and some good tips for a very new marketeer with $0.00 USD made.


http://trackyourincome.com/dosnos
  • 0
EARN MONEY ON LINE
 
kallayprasanth05
Posts: 302
Joined: 05 Jan 13
Trust:
It took one year for me to earn my first $100. Of course I did not rely much on paid advertising.
  • 1
Track Your Advertising with Ease: http://www.trker.com/go/93780/ar
 
brad9
Posts: 94
Joined: 01 Feb 13
Trust:
thejewel wrote:
cterao wrote:What makes the difference is picking a niche that you can succeed in. Just because everyone else is making a lot of money in weight loss, doesn't mean you will if you cannot focus your message to resonate with people who want to lose weight, as an example.

Find a niche that works for you. When you find it, keep focusing on that niche... Do not go out and build more websites in other niches until you have completely maxed out that niche. That is my personal advice.

If I had to start over this is what I would have:
- a squeeze page.
- a newsletter that goes out every day.
- paid advertising

That's it.

Everything else is "nice to have" stuff that isn't fundamentally necessary.

For example, do you NEED search engine traffic? The answer is no. And if you are impatient, like me and don't want to put up with the fluctuating Google algorithm changes, then SEO is probably not the best approach for you.

Should you put affiliate links on your website? I did for a long time and made good money from it. But these days, I would rather have an email list and send them emails with links to products. By building a list you can market to people multiple times rather than just hoping that they click on a link once.

I am not saying that this is what YOU need to do. I'm just saying that it is what I needed to do.

Maybe you are an SEO genius. If that is the case, you should be focusing on SEO.

Maybe you are best with social media. If that is the case, that's where you should focus.

All I am saying is this is what has worked for me.

When it comes down to it though, I think it is all about focus. If you can focus on a specific niche and a specific traffic source and master them, you will be better off than trying to dabble in multiple ones.

Hope this helps.


Regarding niche, do you recommend following the top profitable niches list even if you don't know anything about it, or still choose something you're comfortable with? Which one (top niche list or passion niche) would earn for you faster now that you know the ins and out of the industry?


I'd recommend niche that you're passionate about. Not only will your content be better, you'll stick with it longer because you enjoy the area that you're working in. Research/development will not be as burdensome. I'm not sure that I would like to promote anything at all in life that I wasn't passionate about...or eventually it will come through in your work. Just my 2 cents. Either way, it will take a while to profit if one is just starting out...so you might as well make it interesting along the way!
  • 0
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G
 
simran.kaur14
Posts: 8
Joined: 06 Jun 14
Trust:
I am just started learning affiloblueprint...........
Hope to earn good money by learning and my efforts.
  • 1
saikatbanerjee24
Posts: 7
Joined: 17 Oct 14
Trust:
kallayprasanth05 wrote:It took one year for me to earn my first $100. Of course I did not rely much on paid advertising.


Hi Prashant

I would liketo connect with you regarding your experience with Affiliate marketing. Could you please share your skype/email id?

Regards
Saikat
  • 0
isloooboy
Posts: 9
Joined: 07 Oct 15
Trust:
Traffic is the key to sell anything online or even get paid from Google adsense. If all of us miss this single link from hundreds of other links than we are doing nothing but wasting our time.

If you are promoting your squeez page than you don't need organic traffic just join some good traffic exchange sites if looking for free source and visit sites of other people and they will visit yours and there is a chance of 10% you will get some leads as well.
OR
Blast through a goood reputed mailing service by paying a little money to them and you will get some leads (Signups) from that paid service whome you can send your affiliate products links.

Third is use some good PPC traffic service to grab some results.

Now a Day Waboola, taboola stuff is working really good use them but always create some stunning headlines as your titles which have the power to grab clicks from the visitors otherwise the whole world for you seems to be ad blinders who never clicks on any add.

I hope my this little tipping reply will help you.
  • 1
reolink affiliate
Posts: 29
Joined: 14 Jun 16
Trust:
We are having a affiliate program,

and the qualified affiliates usually earn their $100 in one week.

but sometimes it takes longer.
  • 0
Join our affiliate program, commission up to 20%:

http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=65309

Official website:

https://reolink.com/
 
antwerp203
Posts: 80
Joined: 02 Aug 16
Trust:
If I were to consider my affiliate career in making money online, I would say about a month! But when I started using another tool (offerwall) after signing up with a better affiliate company, the turnout prove to be even faster as I able to earn 100 bucks in just a week!:)

That's why I stick with my affiliate partner until now as they've done nothing but helped me reach my success!:)
  • 0
https://www.offerdaddy.com: Start monetizing your app with their
high converting offerwall with 1000s of offers from all around the world...
 
kinni
Posts: 49
Joined: 08 Aug 11
Trust:
You can start earning without spending also; it depends on your knowledge, passion- it takes time. Once you start earning you can spend on its necessity; where it is needed. Niche selection is important. Find out from you what attracts you. Find out your interest. Affilorama is an extremely good place to learn. Many valuable things it teaches free of cost. Very good, very dedicated staff.Some starts earning early, for others it may take time. It does not matter. What matter is; staying alert- Just Play...
  • 0
Ashok Sinha
 
lisa.daniela
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Nov 16
Trust:
it's all about the offers you are promoting
good offers and high payouts will get you $$$
good offers but with low payouts that require huge volumes of traffic in order to convert and make a few dollars don't worth the energy
good offers with high payouts are the key
  • 0
mamakass72
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jul 16
Trust:
Hi-
I thought that I had been promoting some products from this company - Although I haven't checked on my marketing for quite some time I thought I was listed to promote a few products but when I go to my profile I can't find anything - Any ideas on how to figure out if and what I am promoting?
Thank you in Advance-
Mamakass72
  • 0
KWThweatt
Command, control, cash in...
http://www.tecommandpost.com/?referer=mamakass72
 
cashline
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Sep 10
Trust:
Yes, I agree with Lisa its all about what niche you are promoting. Thanks for all the good advice.
  • 0
Join our avdertising platform>>http://www.cpalead.com/get-started.php?ref=563719
 
wanhiterav
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Feb 17
Trust:
I am just started learning...
Hope to earn good money by learning and my efforts.
Before that I tried to make money in game betting. Now settled down, max - free games (eg Link removed by moderator and other)
  • 0
incomepattern.com
Posts: 16
Joined: 15 Aug 17
Trust:
As was pointed by some of the previous commentators, sticking with a niche you're familiar with is the key to success.

Also focusing on a few affiliate products helps a lot. Because when your audience is presented with more than 3 choices (in our case - affiliate products) they'll have hard time deciding which one to choose.

That is related to human psychology. Human mind likes having fewer choices when it comes to taking a decision.

Another advice for affiliate starters - keep your tools minimal in the beginning. The most basic tools which you need are

1) Landing page with opt-in form;
2) Email marketing tool;
3) Paid advertising to drive targeted traffic to your landing page.

That way you'll get started fast.
  • 0
Affiliate Marketing for Starters - Learn how to get your online cash flow: https://incomepattern.com
 
profitdonkey
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Aug 17
Trust:
borry wrote:
...my issue now is one of traffic.
I've been looking at forms of free traffic but the more I read on forums, the more it seems as though I am wasting my time going this route and that I should rather pay for traffic. My concern is that because my squeeze pages are very basic, I can't go the keyword or content rich route. So, how does one go about driving traffic to basic squeeze pages?


I appreciate you've already been pointed elsewhere with this question, but it's a very pertinent point that the very first thing anyone in online marketing should learn about (and this isn't a pop at you personally) is how to attract traffic. You can have the best website, the best product, the most profitable niche, whatever - if you don't know how to drive traffic to your website then you won't make anything.

For the purpose of getting eyes on a content-free landing page, sure, buying traffic is probably your best bet. But this comes with all it's own pitfalls. Do as much research as you can on companies that sell traffic (there are resources readily available that aren't difficult to find, you have to go and find them). Read the feedback of people who have worked with them (and take everything with a pinch of salt - just as it is easy to spot a glowing review that is clearly paid, it is also possible that competitors will pay for negative reviews). Buy a 1000 views and see what kind of traffic each company sends - there are many ways of spotting if it is bot traffic (such as the heat-map function in various analytics programs) or the location of where the traffic is coming from.

The point is, do the research first. Everyone always jumps up and shouts about "just taking action" but a battle fought without intelligence is a battle that you will likely lose.
  • 0
We are offering an affiliate program: https://goo.gl/fHGvwS
 
PremiumMember
brieanne30
Posts: 10
Joined: 17 Sep 17
Trust:
incomepattern.com wrote:As was pointed by some of the previous commentators, sticking with a niche you're familiar with is the key to success.

Also focusing on a few affiliate products helps a lot. Because when your audience is presented with more than 3 choices (in our case - affiliate products) they'll have hard time deciding which one to choose.

That is related to human psychology. Human mind likes having fewer choices when it comes to taking a decision.

Another advice for affiliate starters - keep your tools minimal in the beginning. The most basic tools which you need are

1) Landing page with opt-in form;
2) Email marketing tool;
3) Paid advertising to drive targeted traffic to your landing page.

That way you'll get started fast.

Sorry for butting in or if i Am butting in. lol
But i am still a little confused on the actual difference between a landing page and a squeeze page.
Lets say i have a Website/the core 'juice' of my buisness, where All 6 of the affiliate products i promote are listed. I place am Add on a social media site which offers a Free gift for entering their email. Now That would b the OptIn form, correct? And then once they enter their email address, they are taken to the SQUEEZE page where they are able to click on the button to download their free gift. Or is that considered the Landing page?
Either way, how do they end up getting redirected to my Website where the products im actually Selling/promoting are?
Oviously im new here.. Thank you.
  • 0
Site Admin
cecille.l
Posts: 6885
Joined: 25 Feb 11
Trust:
brieanne30 wrote:Sorry for butting in or if i Am butting in. lol
But i am still a little confused on the actual difference between a landing page and a squeeze page.
Lets say i have a Website/the core 'juice' of my buisness, where All 6 of the affiliate products i promote are listed. I place am Add on a social media site which offers a Free gift for entering their email. Now That would b the OptIn form, correct? And then once they enter their email address, they are taken to the SQUEEZE page where they are able to click on the button to download their free gift. Or is that considered the Landing page?
Either way, how do they end up getting redirected to my Website where the products im actually Selling/promoting are?
Oviously im new here.. Thank you.


The opt-in form (where users/visitors put in their name and email address) is part of the squeeze page. The squeeze page is where users/visitors sign up to get your freebie. From there, they can be directed to your website, from your Facebook ad, you can direct the users to the squeeze page that is on your website.

The landing page works the same, but the difference between it and squeeze pages are that landing pages don't necessarily have opt-in forms. Landing pages can be any page on your website where users who click on your ads are directed to (Hence, from the ad they "land" on a page on your website).

Hope that helps. All the best!
  • 0
Cecille


Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint


Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus
 
irene123
Posts: 16
Joined: 01 Oct 17
Trust:
Thanks for sharing this informative stuff.First thing is experience ,and it take some time ,i am also working to earn my first 100$ as soon as possible.
  • 1
swillsbiz
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Mar 12
Trust:
A good question...
I have been active with websites for a few years and have not made much directly from the sites; however I have taken some of the information and its taught me a bit... it's helped with my website as a mortgage broker.
I have a a couple of sites;
My site as a http://northwestmortgages.co.nz/ - and that gets me quite a bit of business.
I then introduced a site focused on https://newbuildfinance.co.nz/ and that has proven good too.

So that is another way to earn from what we learn...
  • 0