Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Videos - Pie site example queries

wayfarer
Trust:

Videos - Pie site example queries

Hi guys,

I watched the vids and saw the example of a pie site.
But one thing I'm confused about the themes of the site.

Is it a blog site or article site?Or mixed?
Should the subject be focused just in pies or other stuff meshed in?

Please advise...
:shock:
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You could make a site on pies, then have sub categories like apple pies, meat pies, etc etc, as well as articles on pies, pie recipes, pie ebooks.

Keep your site on theme, but it doesn't have to be about one specific thing.

Know what I mean?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
The point is the site is about pies and then branches out into different pies.

Any search for say, "apple pie" will tag the "apple pie" page, the words "apple" and "pie" on the page, the word "pie" on all the other pages and the site name "Pies", along with all the meta tags etc, giving it a far higher rating than if you made the "apple pie " page a separate site.

As I understand it you have copped a longtail keyword search bonus. Search engines don't search for "apple pie". They search for "apple" then "pie" and give sort of extra bonus points if both occur together.

You need to keep it to one topic (eg pies) not say, "pies and Cakes".
My site was originally about art and creating an art business. It rated hopelessly, no matter what I did. The content was good the graphics good, people visited it but for the search bots, it languished. I dropped the art business side off, just keeping the art portion (so the site had less pages with less keywords etc) and it took off.
My theory is :
Unwittingly I had created a site with several topics - (Art and Business), so my search scores were effectively split in half in terms of relevance. When I split off the Business topic, even though there were a lot of keywords in there, the search engines saw Art in the heading and tags, searched and found Art , not business and my ranking rose.
I have another site for jewellery and I tested this on that site and in two months the rankings dropped when I added another topic (auctions) and rose when I removed that section.
wayfarer
Trust:
Thanks guys for the advice :D