Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Google and Content Quality

faradina
Trust:

Google and Content Quality

Having high quality content on your websites is more important then ever.

Google wrote:...webspam is junk you see in search results when websites try to cheat their way into higher positions in search results or otherwise violate search engine quality guidelines

...we recently launched a redesigned document-level classifier that makes it harder for spammy on-page content to rank highly

.....As “pure webspam” has decreased over time, attention has shifted instead to “content farms,” which are sites with shallow or low-quality content

in a post on their official blog

So it is imperative that we put up only high quality articles on our sites to avoid their being classified as "content farms".
digiblue
Trust:
Thanks Faradina, always a nice reminder to hear how unique and high quality content rocks.
aveya marketing
Trust:
Thanks for the info Faradina. I have another question. I’m pretty suck after having articles on my site, meaning what to do next.

In mark blog boot-camp he explains that you should have at least 20 unique articles on your site. What I am confused with after that: am I meant to get another 10 unique written for me? Can you explain that for me? Why not just have 30 in the first place!!
Also, I have submitted my site to dmoz and now manual creating backlinks.

I have just signed up with rapid free traffic which is pretty much the same as AMA so I have been told. In terms of spinning articles, if that is the case-do I spin all my 20 articles on my site 3 times? Dame… it’s confusing, I think after watching the video 40times I need, and that’s on week 3.

Please can someone explain step by step?

Darren
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
different programs are different. also, 20 articles is the MINIMUM you should have, not necessarily an end goal.

never used rapid free traffic, but rewriting the articles, I personally recommend rewriting each sentence 3 times, and doing 2 phrase or word spins for each sentence rewrite. So a good example would be something like:

The dog [chowed down on\ate\devoured] the cat for [supper\dinner].

[Supper|DinnerChow] time was [creaping up\coming around] so the dog ate the [kitten\cat\kitty]

The cat got [extremely\justifiably\really] scared when the dog [snuck up on him\came] just before dinner. Then, [the cat\the kitten\he][was\ got] eaten[by the pooch\dog\mutt].

notice, each one is a different length, the sentence structure changes with each one, and one of them was turned into 2 separate sentances changing the word count and sentence count in the article.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Except I think you meant the [ on that last one to be AFTER "by the" ;)
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
One other note I'd make on spins is always read them to make sure they make sense. Sometimes, it may sound really awkward and need some tweaking before use.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

aveya marketing
Trust:
To make sure I understand this 100%.. I am supposed to use my 20 unique articles that are already on my site and rewrite/spin them 3times each. Is this right? So the number of articles I should have is 80 articles all together, (20 unique on website- 60 spin/rewritten to be distributed,) is that right?

So I don't need to create new key words? 
This may sound like a real no-brainer question but I need to ask. 

If what I have mentioned above is right: I have 60 spun/rewrite articles.. Once I have submitted my articles to article site, blogs..ect. 

Wouldn't that be my worst enemy in the search engine, competing with my own keywords? I hope you you guys understand what I am asking. 

Sometimes, when I don't understand something it's hard to put on paper.
jacaranda
Trust:
hi, i think the keywords you are optimizing should ONLY be in your 20 or so articles that are on your website..

as for the rewrites or spun articles, you should change the words to be more general if you're into it for backlinks or SEO.. or article marketing, sure, use thekeyword.. but you must use powerful resource boxes and strong call to action so that they will click your link and go to your website in the end..

as for the number of article spun.. well, if you rewrite each sentences of a 500-word article 3x as james said.. then, No.. you will not have 80articles.. you will have.... sorry, can't count.. too many... feed it to AMA or UAW and you'll have hundreds spun iguess.
newbie-friendly Membership site for Niche Marketing:

-> http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/

aveya marketing
Trust:
My aim is to spin my articles for backlinks purpose.
What you n James are saying, spin  each sentence 3times (20 unique articles from my website.) in the rewritten/spun articles.. I can't count the number of results..
My 20 keywords that I am optimising for in my articles on my site, should be changed in the spun/rewritten articles. 
Correct me if I am wrong?

Would that mean the title of the spun article would need to change?

What I'm about to ask is going to shoot my self in my foot.

Once I have sent out spun articles to blog..ect. Someone decides to click back to my site, reads my unique article wouldn't that be similar to the ones that I have spun. 
What's the brains behind that? 

I'm not doubting that it works, I'm still yet to try, It need to make sense to me.   
Thanks for your feed back guys.

faradina
Trust:
Yes, you do change the article titles as well. In AMA you have the option to also spin the title. And when you spin your articles you would of course be substituting words with their synonyms, so you would not really have the same keywords anymore, unless you preserve them intentionally.

The links that you put into an article spin need not lead back to the original article. Let's say you have 4 articles on your site and you are spinning Article 1. The links in the spun version of Article 1 can be to Articles 2, 3, and 4 on your website. Then when you spin Article 2, you can link to Articles 1, 3, and 4 on your site. It all depends on your approach and treatment of the material.
aveya marketing
Trust:
That makes more sense now, as I am typing I have submitting fresh unique articles to link back to each website pages (20), fingers crossed once they all go though, I can spin the articles and the ones on my site, is that right?

As I mentioned before (above) I have signed a mthly program to rapid free traffic same guys that developed AMA marc and... As can’t remember the other guy name, so far its looks sweat. I found out that the page ranks they link you to will be a high pg rank not the overall website pg the main pg you’re linked to. Quite impressed, however, as I am new it’s a learning curve.

I thought the articles on my website I could spin them and send them to article directories like ezine…ect.
Mark mentioned its best to have fresh unique content going to ezine. So this is taking me a bit longer to write new content... Well, my right hand person sees to that.
Can you recommend the top article site that has a quick turn around to publish the content? Or is that wishful thinking?

I have another question: if i spin 1 article lets say I use AMA( RFT does the same thing) I do each sentence 3 times and there is 25 sentences, the result is 75 sentences that means 3 different combinations on an article.
I watched mark AMA review he did the same figures but he got 6,250 or something like that. It doesn’t match up to the figures that I am working out if I spin 1 article and the individual sentences. Help me out on this one thanks??
aveya marketing
Trust:
I cant believe this, 2 of my sites are ranking in the top 10 of google and msn.. WOW.. what i mean 2nd and 8th!!
faradina
Trust:
Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

As for figuring out the number of different articles that you will get when you spin, you could use the formula on http://www.mathwords.com/c/combination_formula.htm
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
aveya marketing wrote:I cant believe this, 2 of my sites are ranking in the top 10 of google and msn.. WOW.. what i mean 2nd and 8th!!

That's great! Congratulations ;)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

aveya marketing
Trust:
This is just the start. have to keep plugging away.
Faradina.. ooo that formula is breath taking dont know if i worked it out right.the combination thing, im still not getting it and im sure i will.

i have another question. I was watching this guy on you tube bigging up ezinearticles, once he sends articles there and they have been accepted he sends the same ones to Go articles and articles city. can that be done? I would of thought that google would step in and say something.
faradina
Trust:
Google would not actually come in and say 'hey you cannot do that' but you can be sure that when there is the same content on several web pages, google will

- not show all of those web pages that have the same content in search results and will display only the ones that they perceive is "most appropriate for users in each given search", or

- "make appropriate adjustments in the indexing and ranking of the sites involved" and "the ranking of the site may suffer, or the site might be removed entirely from the Google index, in which case it will no longer appear in search results"

That is what's meant by 'duplicate content penalty'.

So submitting the same article to several directories/sites is basically wasted effort and could be detrimental.

Note: the phrases within double quotes above are from http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... swer=66359
diannefrancisco
Trust:
Make sure that your articles are unique and well-researched. There is a bigger chance that it could make it at the top 3 pages of Google's search engine and that should be your goal.

A very catchy title will also work as well spinning it using the right keywords. Be sure that your articles are free from mistakes so double-check the grammar, spelling, etc. of your work.

This topic was started on Feb 04, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.