Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

XsitePro upload error?

heavysm
Trust:

XsitePro upload error?

This is a small but really annoying detail when uploading my pages with XsitePro. The initial upload of my files was perfect, but now whenever i make small changes to the text or change the index file, it doesnt register. It also doesnt easily detect changes for individual pages such as added pictures or links. I have to delete the original file hosted and hope the change is detected and uploads. Can any one shed any insight on this?
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Hi Heavysm,

Are you getting any error message while publishing the website in XSitePro?

Also, make sure you clear your temporary Internet files first before you refresh the website on your browser.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

heavysm
Trust:
there is no error message while uploading. the uploaded files just aren't the newest, albiet small, changes that I've made. lets say I changed a page title size and font color. these won't be reflected in the next upload. only a brand new page or other significant change is.
newstart
Trust:
Yes, there are times when you make minor changes using X-Site Pro that the program does not recognize the changes. It is easy to correct.

Instead of using WYSIWYG design program of X-Site Pro go in through the source section. Make your changes there.

This has worked well for me.

Hope this helps.

Margene

This topic was started on Jul 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.