Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Xsite Pro - is it worth the cost?

curtis1974
Trust:

Xsite Pro - is it worth the cost?

I know Mark recommends Xsite pro and I want to get it. Does it really worth the 197 it cost and does anybody ever used it here to build there site?

Thanks,

PS is there a discount link anywhere?
Last edited by michellerana on 08 Dec 09 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

alanben
Trust:
Curtis I have built 9 web sites using xsite pro I find it really good. If you would like examples of web sites then you can pm me but let me tell you what not to buy while we are on the subject of investment Amet Mehta PPC Classroom is the worst value out there for $97 per month for videos that don't play and for customer support that does not exist
Alan
If you are looking to get your own products
www.alanbenney-workfromhome.co.uk

philippez
Trust:
Hey Curtis, first of all, good on you for asking questions, it shows that you are doing your due dilligence. Now is XsitePro worth the $197.00 I would say absolutely...

Let me tell you my little story about Xsitepro. I bought it a few months back and like many other programs or software I've tried it for a while and put it on the shelve for a while and kept using other products and/or trying to find the next big easy and quick way to make money online. After maybe 2 months I realized that I was only loosing money, time and energy so I decided to WAKE UP and started to work and learn how to become an internet marketer. I am still learning as there is always stuff to learn but I made a huge step since when I first started.

I then came back to XsitePro and WOW this program is really solid. I really love it and I think that it is one of the best tool out there. It is really helping me put nice little nice websites together in a timely and easy fashion. A lot of internet marketers are using it so if you get stuck somewhere, you will find the help that you need in forums, the XsitePro Q&A and just by googleling what ever you are looking on doing with the program.

Do not buy anything else if you are just starting my friend, Xsitepro is the way to go.

p.s. if you are looking for a discount link, my guess is that you will most likely not find one as I did search a long time for such a link. What I would suggest you to do is to look for whomever is going to give you bonuses if you buy with their links. Look for bonuses that makes sense to you and that you could use at a later date.

I would send you my link but I don't have any bonuses for now.

Anyways buddy take care and welcome in the Afilorama family.

Good success

p.s. if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Philippe
leader
Trust:
Hi alanben.

Not that anyone here is going to try affiliate classroom but if you are thinking of it DON"T
Another waste of time and money by the same guy's....., $97. bucks "a month"!! for far less than you get here for FREE??!!

If you look at WA and these guys here at Affilorama,.... and compare what you getin those programs with what you get at AC...... it makes you wonder why it took so long for the FTC to make a move.
End of Rant....

Hey Phillippe.
Could you PM me with some examples of those sites you built with xSitePro, even though I am hearing all this good stuff about WordPress I am finding it to be a time consuming NightMare to implement.

I'm sure ,..like many things,....WordPress is easy once you have made it through your 1st couple of times........but easy is the Wrong Word to use when inviting someone to try it out for the first time.
No wonder so many people are farming out that task to people gifted to it.....(or nutty enough to want to do it all day).

I am not looking for a final solution but one that I will not outgrow after only a few websites.
Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave.
www.WAPlatinum.com

jpastorizo
Trust:
XSP is one of the best tools out there IMHO.
Here are a couple of sites done using XSP:
http://www.wowstrategybook.com
- this is something I created to be an authority site
- published in May 2009
- now PR2

http://www.goldguidesreviews.com
- this one is a PPC landing page
- currently used in my small campaign

Regards,
Renato
PS 2 of the sites in my sig were also done using XSP.
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

leader
Trust:
Thanks jpastorizo.

Nice sites.

Do you use WordPress?
www.WAPlatinum.com

jpastorizo
Trust:
leader,

Thanks for your comments. I have started learning wordpress cause I am developing a blog. =)

Regards,
Renato

wollowra
Trust:
I agree, Xsitepro is the best program for newbies just starting out for their first sites.
It may take you a few days to learn how to customize things but it is fun learning it.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

curtis1974
Trust:
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. I bought the software last night! oooh raw for me!! I am ready to go but have ask mark a question by pm and wating for answer before I proceed. By the way where can I get a template for my idea site..its in the wow niche. I have about 30 keywords already with most of them 4 star rating.

I still have to do some more research because this is new for me. I don't know what leveling guides are but this is what I am going after.

Thanks for the site examples. The really look nice.

Curtis1974
leader
Trust:
Hi Curtis1974.

I would like to find out how you do once you get the thing working for you.

All I am hearing so far is that Xsite Pro is a good beginners tool and that it , "Has Limitations".
And the consensus seems to be that you will use it for the first few sites only.

I'm actually looking for something that is useful for a longer term.

It's not that I want to avoid any of the process in learning the ropes, how-ever I do want to avoid spending my way up a ladder that is unnecessary.

If it comes down to spending hundreds on Dreamweaver than so be it.
Though I borrowed that one and photoshop for a week and those are both better suited to the programmers I will eventually hire.

I am looking for the tools I need to test and prove that a niche is worth the time and expense of paying someone else to develop the sites and even the copy.

Before I started to look around I thought this would be an easy thing. But there are a lot of opinions on this subject not to mention marketing masked as information....yikes.

Have a great day.
www.WAPlatinum.com

bears34
Trust:
I think your question is easily answered when you frame it around this statement:

I am looking for the tools I need to test and prove that a niche is worth the time and expense of paying someone else to develop the sites and even the copy.

Dreamweaver has a large learning curve. Xsitepro does not. If you all you want the tool to do is to get a site up to test a niche, then Xsitepro can do that much quicker. The investment in the software is less, too. Seems to me the decision should be pretty simple given the objective.
wollowra
Trust:
I agree with Bears.
Xsite pro is great for future landing pages or little test sites as well.
You might want to put up a simple email capture page or something really simple.
You can certainly keep using it for later on and for more than a few sites.

Wordpress is also a great platform but not as customizable for newbies.
Of course you could buy or get your own template for wordpress.
Now having said that, wordpress is amazing for coders who know CSS.
If you are going for long term outsourcing then maybe try wordpress.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

vuedoolor
Trust:
I started with Xsite Pro but if I could start over I'll learn wordpress cause it's free and is easier to maintain and it ranks better in the SERP. Do a search for competitive buying keywords like fat loss 4 idiots, burn the fat feed the muscle and the top sites are blogs and the bottom one are stand alone sites like Xsite pro.
guitarjoe
Trust:
I agree with you vuedoolor.

I bought XsitePro back when it was first released (2005?) and then upgraded to version 2 when it became available. I've built some decent sites with it and definitely got my money's worth from it many times over.

That being said...

If I were starting all over again, I'd learn Wordpress - case closed.

The learning curve for both XsiteProV2 and Wordpress are both pretty high, especially when we're talking about customizing new sites, but as far as built in traffic generation goes, Wordpress beats XsitePro hands down.

The built in pinging feature lets the major social networks know every time you make a new post and Google is all over those networks because of the steady stream of new content. This means that you can get indexed and ranked highly - fast!

The fact that it's designed to build sites in a silo structure, just as Google loves. This can result in higher rankings. XsiteProV2 has this capability also, but Wordpress is free.

Plugins for just about anything under the sun and more! Most of them are free!

The ability to get user generated content that can grow your blogs on autopilot and keep the search engines coming back regularly. You may have to moderate them but they're FREE.

I could go on and on, but I think I've made my point.

XsitePro is excellent for setting up quick mini-sites and sales letters. I highly recommend it for that, but I'm learning Wordpress for building my authority sites from now on. It just makes sense. I've even considered moving some of my bigger sites over to Wordpress, but I'm chicken. lol
jpastorizo
Trust:
Guitarjoe,

I agree with you that Wordpress sites get indexed and ranked fast. Google simply loves wordpress. The google sniper method takes advantage of this fact. I've heard that a lot of google sniper sites are on the 1st page of google for decent traffic keyword even without backlinks. And that most of these sites are within the Top 5. These sites have domains with the keyword in it and probably helps the site to get ranked highly. If you take an XSP site with a domain with keywords in it, publish it and leave it without backlinks it will never rank on the 1st page of google just like how wordpress sites do.

Having said that, there is still an advantage that the XSP sites have over wordpress sites. If you build a lot of sites you will not need to upgrade anything on those sites you built with XSP (anyone who knows otherwise please correct me here).

As for your comment "Plugins for just about anything under the sun and more! Most of them are free!" Yes that is true and those plugins are mostly free. However, Wordpress sites will need to be updated every time a new version is released. This includes updating the plugin versions. If they don't have any updates then the older version may render it useless or worse vulnerable to hacking.

If you have hundred sites published already, do you really have time to update all of them to the newer WP version even if it takes a few minutes? Just thinking about the number of sites you need to update can already be overwhelming. But then again, you can always outsource these stuff! So I guess it really boils down to personal preference.

Going back to the question "Xsite Pro - is it worth the cost?" - The answer is YES.

Regards,
Renato

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Renato and Joe,
You both make excellent points.
I guess you just need to see what is best for you.
I still have the opinion that (If you can afford it) to get xsitepro and build at least 1 site with it and then you have it there for sales letters etc.. but again.. that is just me. The reason being for this is you get to see how a niche site is built from start to finish, but if you can outsource then that's fine too.
I have also built sites for offline clients with xsitepro, because I can not customize wordpress the way I can with xsite.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

guitarjoe
Trust:
To be completely honest, I personally prefer XsitePro. I've used it for so long that much of it has become second nature to me.

Also, to be completely honest, I can't stand Wordpress! You wouldn't know it from my previous post, but it's true. The ONLY reasons I've started switching over to it is for the SEO benefits I listed before. I don't like change! There's already so much to learn as an affiliate and having to change everything I've learned over the past few years just sucks! However, it makes sense to do so.

As far as constantly having to update Wordpress blogs, I understand that, but you can get a plugin that automatically does updates to the latest version of Wordpress for you. Rosalind Gardner just recommended it recently, as a matter of fact. I just installed it on my newer blogs last week. Here's the link for that article below.

http://www.netprofitstoday.com/blog/wor ... -use-them/

Also, can't you buy themes that update everything automatically? Thesis comes to mind. I think James Schramko mentioned it. Anyone else familiar with it?

Hey, if someone can show me I'm wrong I'd prefer to just use XsitePro. Even Mark mentioned in his recent webinar that he uses Wordpress or Drupal now to build his sites.

Joe
pockets
Trust:
Id personally say no...well at least starting out! Wordpress is an ideal platform...easy to work with..easy to update..handy plugins..what more could you ask for?

Ya your right about the google sniper sites jpastorizo but I think that that method is becoming a little saturated. I think it will be completely useless in matter of time, mainly due to autoblogs.

Google will surely place even more value on websites with plenty of good content and thankfully marks blueprint does just that

This topic was started on Dec 07, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.