Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

XSite Pro html errors - are these normal?

paulie69
Trust:

XSite Pro html errors - are these normal?

Hello everyone,

I just checked my site's html code using the free tool at http://validator.w3.org/ and it came up with around 53 html errors :( My site displays really well, no problems, no errors visible or anything, no "runtime" errors (they only come up as reported by this tool and some others I've tried just to verify it but they don't seem to affect it - well, I hope not anyway!).
Does anyone know if it's "normal" to get html errors with XSite Pro?

I'm asking because I've seen a few XSite Pro sites in the past also with similar numbers and types of html errors. I even checked wowblackbook.com (using the above tool) and it even has them too; as a matter of fact it listed > 300 of these html errors. So I'm assuming on this basis that it's normal. Any ideas anyone??

Thanks as always!
Kind Regards
Paul
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
The W3C validator can be helpful to isolate specific issues with your site but it will also report on a range of other non-compliance issues which may not actually affect the use of your site.

Check your site is working fine in the major browsers (FF & IE) and if it is then dont worry about the validation checks.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

paulie69
Trust:
Hi Mark :)

Thank you very much, that explains everything, I really appreciate your help! :)

Kind regards
Paul.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Paulie,
Yes I find the same thing.
W3C strict sites are pretty full on to get 100%.
I have a friend who is learning high level web coding right now and he said it is really hard for him to get his head around.
Just follow Marks advice above.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

paulie69
Trust:
Hey Troy :)

Thanks my friend for your good advice, sounds like it's one more thing I don't have to worry too much about!

Best regards
Paul.

This topic was started on Oct 29, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.