Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

WP Theme - Sidebar Content box is corrupting code

devintx
Trust:

WP Theme - Sidebar Content box is corrupting code

Hey Guys,

Anytime I paste code into the sidebar of the Affilorama WP Theme, it adds slashes "\" once I hit "save changes"

This of course makes the code I'm pasting not work.

Has anyone seen this issue? Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks in advance,

-Devin
The Challenge: $10k/mo in 365 days - www.devinelder.com

PremiumMember
pfojas
Trust:
Hi, I think its a Wordpress security issue. In order to run a code such as php or html without slashes, you should use a phpexec plugin (if you are putting a php code) so it would be treated as a php code and not as an article content alone. Maybe you can give us a sample of the html/css/javascript code and we will try our best to help you figure it out.
strait8
Trust:
Hi Devin

This is an issue with the AfiloBlueprint Theme version one. You will need to upgrade to the new version of the theme, which is 1.1 and this should fix the problem you are having.
faradina
Trust:
Earlier today, I did some testing for a member who contacted support for a similar issue and we established that the web hosting server has something to do with this, most likely because of the PHP version supported on the server.

The issue was that his opt in box aweber code was not working and so I borrowed his code and tested it on two wordpress sites, both running WP 2.7.1 and Affiloblueprint theme 1.1 but on different web hosting servers. It came out all wrong on the first site but was alright on the second site.

I then remembered another issue here on the forum
website-building/redirect-php-parse-error-t4344.html
where the single quotation marks were causing the problem. What her web hosting server wanted was double quotation marks.

The aweber code I was testing had double quotation marks, so, since it was not working out on my first test site I tried single quotation marks. Still no go. I then removed the quotation marks altogether and, voila!, it worked.

The member then tried the code without the quotation marks and it worked on his web hosting server, too.
devintx
Trust:
strait8, 1.1 did the trick.

I really appreciate all the feedback everyone.

-D
The Challenge: $10k/mo in 365 days - www.devinelder.com

This topic was started on Jul 28, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.