Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

WP PPC landing pages

PremiumMember
spunky
Trust:

WP PPC landing pages

In WP, is there a way to create different page templates for different things?

Example: My homepage will have different widgets than my blog pages. Or ppc pages will remove all links off to right or left.

I own artiseer, is there an option for this?
faradina
Trust:
Yes, it is possible to create different page templates in a wordpress theme. I have seen this on a theme.
But I do not know how it is done or if it is something that can be done in artisteer.
PremiumMember
spunky
Trust:
Seems to be pretty involved. Found this post, having trouble following it but it looks like what I'm try to achieve.

"http://www.digitalraindrops.net/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=2#2"

Wonder if Mark could do video on this. I would like to see how they currently do PPC landing pages using Artisteer if any.
PremiumMember
spunky
Trust:
Ok, got this to work following the instructions via link above. Created 5 different Artisteer page templates in all. This is a link to an Artisteer template with different page templates examples.

http://digitalraindrops.net/demo/wordpr ... -template/

Solved the PPC problem if you're using Artisteer by removing sidebar for a full page layout template.

Caveat: there are some bugs in his instructions and requires a little coding experience.

Tip: when he instructs you to create a right and left margin template in Artisteer, under layout choose no blocks for "Search Position", "Categories Position", "Archive Position", and "Blogroll Position".Took me a few times to learn if you choose to insert any of those blocks then try to follow the instructions, you're doomed. It ends up very buggy. Add blogroll other blocks using your WP widgets feature after you've done the instructions.

If you're using word press and have content up and running, I would create a test template, go through steps, upload it, then activate it see if it worked.

This topic was started on Mar 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.