Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Wordpress Product Catalogue Plugin

handlos.peter
Trust:

Wordpress Product Catalogue Plugin

Hey guys,

I have a wordpress website and would like to add a movie database to it. So basically the same concept as known from IMDb.com

For this reason I am looking for a product catalogue plugin, which will allow me to 1) add items with descriptions (so basically posts) 2) show images and specific details of these posts in a gallery/category view 3) users have to be able to sort items in the gallery/category view according to specific values (e.g. ratings). So I must be able to define these sorting values.

So I basically need an ecommerce plugin, whithout the shopping functionality and I must be able to define the sorting parameters (so e.g. instead of "price" sort by "rating").

Has anyone had a similar demand? I've been searching quite a bit but nothing suits my needs...regular ecommerce plugins often don't support the customizable sorting function and are quite complicated due to the shopping functionality.

I can arrange some coding, so if there is a plugin which comes close to what I need, I should manage to get some coding work done to make it perfect (e.g. substituting the sorting values).

Thanks a lot for your support,
Peter
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Peter,

Have you looked at WP eCommerce plugin? From what I've heard it's a great eCommerce plugin that allows full customization.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

johndevise
Trust:
Hi all.

Here is a WordPress catalog plugin , I think it must help you to do what you want .
http://web-dorado.com/products/wordpress-catalog.html
hambarcumyantigran
Trust:
Hi John.
Thanks for a good plugin . It's very easy to use .
johndevise
Trust:
hambarcumyantigran wrote:Hi John.
Thanks for a good plugin . It's very easy to use .

Hi .
I'm happy that you like it .
hambarcumyantigran
Trust:
Hi John . I'm using the catalog that you offer us and I can't make subcategories for this catalog .
Do you know how can I manage that ?
Thanks .
johndevise
Trust:
Hi friend .Long time past for my returning to affilorama , I was busy , sorry for that .
The catalog developers update their product and now you can manage it without any problem . Just update your plugin and that function will be added .
hambarcumyantigran
Trust:
Thanks John , I didn't know about that , it's so cool .
johndevise
Trust:
Your welcome dear hambarcumyantigran . I'm happy that I could help you .

This topic was started on May 24, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.