Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Wordpress or websites?

mtenton1
Trust:

Wordpress or websites?

Hello everyone:)
I have a question that maybe you can help me with. I am doing my keyword research and collecting a lot of info here at AffiloRama ( You guys and gals are a god send ). My question is what have you found to be a better way for a starter in the affiliate marketing, Wordpress or just a website.The reason I ask is that I make money with a website already selling sunglasses and I am familiar with this method but it seems that a lot of affiliates use Wordpress hosted with hostgator or Justhost. Not being familiar with Wordpress kinda worries be a bit, I guess I do not know the benefits of Wordpress. I am familiar with websites and SEO kinda. Is there a big difference in how you get index do you climb faster with Wordpress or does it even matter.

Thank you for your help it is greatly appriciated.

Matthew Denton
qtsunglasses.net
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Matthew,
From what Mark say's , both are the same... but I think he prefers Wordpress as Google likes it in regards to SEO and he say's that there are plugins galore for wordpress.
If you already have a site then consider the affiloblueprint which goes into building a site with Wordpress.
Learn as you go.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

mtenton1
Trust:
Thank you Troy for you help, I will do that right now :)
frankirish
Trust:
Hi Guys

I have recently started to try to follow the Week 4 videos on how to build a website in Wordpress (I'm completely un-technical) and finding it very difficult to follow.

I have set up 3 pages on the web and want to get into the design now...a friend helped me with the Header design...which I found very hard to follow from the website. Any suggestions?

Also, I have purchased a second domain name and don't know if I have to download Wordpress again ()or can I add the new domain to the exisitng Wordpress download?)...do I also need to download the Affilorama WordPress Theme again.

I'm completely stuck!!!

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Frank
Edinburgh
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Frank,
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
If you are new it is a learning curve and yes it can be frustrating.
The wordpress forums are good to look at for technical help.

Yes you can install wordpress for each domain.
But you will need to go into each domains Cpanel and load wordpress for each domain.
2 domains = 2 wordpress installs
Just use the affiloblueprint theme for both.
Treat working on each domain and wordpress install as you would working on 2 separate cars.

Hope that makes sense.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
perswealth
Trust:
if you have hostgator, then first add the new domain using the add on domain feature, then you can install wordpress itself using fantastico (under the new domain that you created, just use the dropdown menu and choose that domain).

This topic was started on Jul 23, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.