Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Wordpress Categories Problem

sportakus
Trust:

Wordpress Categories Problem

Hello All

My website is showing okay but admin area has a category I deleted still showing. Also the hierarchy is screwed up in the admin area. It is now a parent under another category. It is also without a delete option. I can only view and edit this category now. I want to be able to delete this completely. Not sure if this is bug or I did something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
sportakus
Trust:
I said that wrong. It is a child under a parent category without the option to delete in the admin area. The child link doesn't show up that way on my site when its published though which is what I want. Hopefully that makes sense. However, I think Google crawlers are confused because it shows some links or pages that don't don't exist anymore or have been changed as errors. Any help much appreciated
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
You could try the Bulk Action option in Categories to delete it? Make sure the page refreshes properly too.

Maybe edit the category first so its not a child anymore then try deleting it?

Make sure you have a plugin like Google XML Sitemaps which should ping Google with any changes you make and refresh your sitemap so Google doesnt get confused with your site.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

strick
Trust:
Is there an easy way to remove "category" in the url of a wordpress blog? For some reason this only occurs on blog pages and not static pages? I have several sites and it is always a problem with the blogs?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
sportakus
Trust:
I thought about the Bulk Action option myself but am afraid it would remove all the categories, so I haven't tried it yet. I have edited the category and set it to "none" and saved yet stays the same. I already have a Google XML Sitemaps. Not sure how to refresh admin area? Is there a certain way to refresh admin area?
clarafaie
Trust:
The Bulk Action will only be carried out on the items that you check, don't worry.
sportakus
Trust:
I was able to get the child set now as a parent by editing it again and setting it to "none". Left everything else alone and saved. However, there still is no box to put a check in so I can't perform any action on it (i.e. delete). I have thought about creating a new post and trying to attach it to the category and see if the box appears. Then I would delete post and try deleting category.

This topic was started on Jan 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.