Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Word Press Affilorama Theme needs Widgets

PremiumMember
lindasc333
Trust:

Word Press Affilorama Theme needs Widgets

Hi,

Starting in October, I thought that my company might have some layoffs... contracts are not coming in like they should, etc. So I tried to see if the internet would provide some safety for this.

I created my website using the Affilorama theme or format in Word Press. Now I want to add an OnlyWire.com plug-in which I understand will require widgets. The Affiorama theme for Word Press doesn't have widgets. But using widgets will allow me to post articles to several social networking sites like Facebook, Digg, Twitter, etc. to automatically to increase traffic.

Is there a way to add widgets to the Affilorama theme? Or do you know how I can take the content and place it on another theme with access to widgets without having to completely re-do my site content? I have several articles and product reviews already on the site, so re-doing the site would really be a time problem.

Adding widgets will also allow me to use several other plans for monetizing my website with eBay, Amazon, and others which was the ultimate point anyway --- making money, I mean. LOL Appreciate any advise anyone can give. Thanks,

Linda
faradina
Trust:
The AB Theme was made on purpose to not support widgets because it was designed for building a "static" website using wordpress.
You can use another wordpress theme if you want to have widget support. You will not have to do re-do your content when changing your wordpress theme as it will still be there. Simply activate another theme of your choice. Of course, if you have some advanced formatting on your articles (like tables, for example) you may have to tweak the formatting a little depending on the wordpress theme
PremiumMember
lindasc333
Trust:
Thanks for your answer. I did a backup of the site using the static website. Looked at 'simple' themes on WordPress. Downloaded the cleanRoar and did a preview of it. Several things will need to be adjusted - header not there, background colors gone, articles listed in the top of the page instead of in the categories listing. Looks like a lot of clean up to get back to the website appearance and be able to monetize it. I also wanted to add OnlyWire which would automatically post articles to blog sites. If you know of another theme with widgets that would be closer in appearance and still have widgets, let me know.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
We've got a new version of the theme coming out... errrr.... at an indeterminable point in the future (currently in bug-blasting mode... and there are some mighty big critters to blast at the moment!) that will support widgets, so I'm told.

So you could just hold fire for a bit.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

This topic was started on Jan 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.